"Antidepressants Are Dangerous" - FDA

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TruthSeeker, May 2, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

FINALLY, after thousands and thousands of deaths due to antidepressants the FDA admits antidepressants are dangerous. Now that Big Pharma has millions and millions of dollars in their pockets from the deaths of thousands of young people...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Read more...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18436346/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Posted this there:

WOW! That's news to me and my wife!

How many times have she almost killed herself because of Effexor? I mean... I can't even count it. I think it is very convenient for the FDA to issue this warning after thousands and thousands of young lives were lost and millions and millions of dollars were made for Big Pharma. And, of course, the FDA, the doctors and the psychiatrists all profited the bribes Big Pharma paied them.

Seriously... this industry needs a lot more regulation. And I'm not talking about regulations from a corrupt self-regulating department with ridiculous powers like the ability to seize property without proof of anything and other very scary powers.

Seriously... a lot of young lives were lost. Many of those could have made a big difference in our world. And the FDA doesn't really care, because as far as I know they are profiting from it.

More about the FDA:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Food_and_Drug_Administration#Criticism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_FDA

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. miharu_br Sejamos idiotas! Registered Senior Member

why do a depressive person take a medicine that makes her feel like suiciding? OMG, if they only knew that..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They didn't know it would make them suicidal...

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this is a calculated step to move the public to the "next miracle cure".
    just watch.

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Are you guys nuts?! I'm on 100 MG of Zoloft, the last thing it does is make you suicidal, infact without it I would be dead by now. I don't fully understand how you can link these tendencies to a drug when that person is naturally feeling suicidal, it's confusing. They would be suicidal without the drug, so with it they aren't much worse off than before :shrug:

Now the one thing that does hurt us, the drug makes us feel better but it doesn't help us to rid ourselves of the inherent problem. For me no gf is a very depressing, often suicidal triggering thing.. I would be very sad without Zoloft but with a female I'd be feeling alot better than I do on it.

Oh well..

10. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

You don't want a girlfriend.

You want a female for mating purposes.

11. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Forget serotonin and non-addictive (debatable) SSRI's. Give us something that works on our dopamine. Some opiates would be nice. We can sort our own serotonin out with some 5-HTP. Add some benzos to the mix and we'll be happy as larry.

I don't really see the difference to being on one set of chemicals to another. May as well give us the good stuff if we're going to be on it for life.

12. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Anybody can have a girlfriend; you just have to lower your standards and expectations a little. You will also find out that having a girlfriend isn't all it’s made up to be when you are below 28 yrs old; girls can in fact be boring. I don't know why you are so dependent on drugs; I hope you find a better lifestyle. Me, I am pretty much a drinker, but no way am I dependent on beer. I hate it when people talk about suicide, those are people that have misjudged everything and can't control their emotions, the fuckers that never have time for themselves. Personally, I think all suicidal people are punks. However, those suicidals that burn themselves alive, those guys get my respect, those guys truly have nothing to loose, they are not wasting everybody’s time. However, it’s always important to remember that we were all born with nothing to loose. FDA antidepressant secrets huge amounts of endorphin in the brain, creating false euphoria and bliss, and the patients feels double depressed when this effects wear out, its called chemical dependence.

13. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Some people are genuine about it. I used to think the same way as you, but I don't anymore. Some people just can't cope with the world, for whatever reason. It's not a choice.

Depression and other mental illnesses are a debilitating disease, not a lifestyle choice by some lazy, attention seeking fuckwit.

As for antidepressants creating false euphoria and bliss, think again. Unless you're out your brains on some extreme mix of chemicals and the doctors don't see any other option, at best they make life a little easier. You're not grinning like a monkey and jumping out of bed in the morning happy to be alive.

14. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

My dad went on anti-depressants and it made him more depressed, agressive and violent. They don't help at all.

15. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

The only reason it makes them suicidal is because it didn't do what they thought it would do. They thought it would cure all their troubles. It didn't. They thought it would keep them always happy. It didn't. The real solution is to just buck up and realize that you aren't going to be happy most of your life. But that only makes those few moments when you are happy all the more worthwhile.

It's not the drug's fault. Its the fault of both the consumer and the supplier. The supplier makes it out to be the wonder cure of unhappiness. It isn't; its made to re-balance certain chemicals such as serotonin that regulate mood. The user falsly believes that it will solve all their problems. It doesn't; it only brings you closer to an average chemical balance. The rest you have to do yourself.

Perhaps it is not a good thing to try to "balance out" your "abnormal personality". Perhaps it is unbalanced because that is what makes you, you. You just have to come to terms with yourself and your tendancies without taking the quick way out (which almost always ends up being harmful in the long run)

16. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

They didn't help "at all" in HIS case. Goddamnit people, don't generalize like that. Some people are genuinely happy to have those pills.

17. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

People have burned themselves alive?

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Do you guys really have thousands and thousands of posts?

19. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

These Buddhist Monks burned themselves alive in order to protest the government of south vietnam, which was a puppet of the US. The US was sided with south vietnam because north vietnam was communist, however, people weren't too pleased with our puppet leader. He was raiding buddhist places in order to remove communists they were suppossedly harboring. So, this was the response of the buddhists. His overthrow lead to the vietnam war. Look at how peaceful they look. If you have ever burned yourself, then you should know how ridiculous that is. To burn yourself alive and not even wince is just amazing discipline. Thus the respect.

20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Instead of using anti-depressant drugs which are alien to the human body and have side effects, its best to use chemicals already naturally present like Sam-E.

Some clinically depressed people only need a vitamin B12 supplement to improve their mood.

21. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You wouldn't happen to be a Scientologist, hmm?

22. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Anti-depressants work differently for each individual. Some may help one person but not another, etc. I don't like any of them, and I have tried most. Currently, I'm off all. For a year and a half now. No difference in my mood really. I wish I had never allowed myself to start taking them, as noone has any idea what the long-term side-effects of one of them is, let alone several of them mixed over years. Personally, I can't sleep anymore (not without another god-damned drug), and I think this is a direct result of the years of taking anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, etc.

Anyway, my point is this. We can't trust the FDA, the drug industry, doctors, or anyone really. Not when it comes to our own health. Not when there is a profit involved.

RoyLennigan's last post is right on. I expected a lot when I first started taking anti-depressants in 1995. That's the reason I tried so many of them over the last 12 years. "This next one will work for me. They say that I just have to keep trying to find the right one." Bullshit. They say that to keep you a paying customer. None have worked for me. Just my two cents.

23. jon950 Registered Member

Agreed. People have such a dependence on drugs and so-called "miracle cures". You go to the doctor, they prescribe a drug. People should try naturopathy before they submit their bodies to potentially harmful drugs. I started taking Sam-e in January to treat S.A.D. and within about a week I was already feeling a lot better. Plus, it's good for your joints (its original purpose)

!

Scientology has something going for it - turning to natural supplements before drugs - it's just too bad they had to muck it up with all that Alien crap and whatever else.

Last edited: May 4, 2007