I Just Executed 5 Crippled Boy Scouts!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by goofyfish, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Progress Quest is all the fun of watching Disk Defragmenter run, with half the interactivity!

Even better, it's free and the download is miniscule. With a continuous online world and over 300 possible character class combinations of such varying types as the Demi-Canadian and the Tongueblade, Progress Quest is amazingly huge and variable. Best of all, if you want you can just "fire and forget", and keep playing even while you do almost any other thing on your computer other than turning it off. Over 50000 players on at any given moment and up-to-the-minute rankings and statistics; there's no reason not to download a copy today!

Have a look at the forums over there, as well. They have guilds and everything, playing along with the purpose of the game itself - it's a parody of the entire MMORPG thing, and they're parodying the standard discussions, etc. Also, I get the feeling they enjoy fooling newbies into thinking there's more to the game than they realize.

If you want, find me in the rankings. I am Mohag; half-man, Mage Illusioner,
    around 23,800 in the rankings overall. But climbing...

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.