Has anyone ever watched the Boondocks?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DiamondHearts, Apr 30, 2007.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Recently, I have really gotten into this show which comes on TV called the Boondocks. It's about two kids, one of them is a black revolutionary, the other one is a black thug. So anyone else seen it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Isn't watching that material against your religion?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I've watched one full episode, and bits of two others. I thought it was boring and preachy.

As far as cartoon network goes, I have fallen in love with "Foster's home for imaginary friends". That show is very original, and makes me belly-laugh.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I didn't know it was still on. I watched the first season last year. Several of the early episodes were pretty amusing, but it seemed to become rather formulaic after a while.

It's based on Aaron Magruder's comic strip of the same name, with the same characters. He quit drawing the strip to concentrate on the animated show.

I consider all the hours I spent watching it were worth it, because I got this one priceless quote, about text-messaging:

"Nothing worth reading was ever written by a man who was trying to type with his thumbs."

8. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I really like the show because it brings up alot of interesting points regarding black/white relations. I can relate to alot of the black characters in the show, especially Huey.

My favorite conversation is when Huey and Grandad are arguing about speaking the truth in front of white people and Grandad says, "Don't ever think about telling white people the truth, boy." "I'm going to find a white person and lie to 'em right now."

That show is awesome.

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

The show is quite candid, and well done imo. A more serious animated commentary a la South Park.

Om: Foster's is just great

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!