Why drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Avatar, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

If you drink, why do you drink alcohol?
    Is the reason personal, or more like a social activity?
    Do you like the effects alcohol has on your body and mind?

Just curious...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

To be merry.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I like to challenge my liver.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

Relaxes me and makes cigarettes and weed taste even better.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Social, nothing livens up a gathering like some red wine (or equivilant).
    Inhibitions get broken down.

9. Roman Banned Banned

I feel less feelings and breaking things hurts less.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It releases the spirit, makes you think you can take a white horse anywhere, you keep on walking, probably, because it's the best lager in the world.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I love red wine. It's healthy and lightens up the spirit.
    Love to drink it in parties...

12. Roman Banned Banned

I can understand the necessity of drinking around you.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You are weak.. you are pathetic.. weak and pathetic.. alcohol is for those of us without a sense of ourselves, it causes our minds to become skewed and makes us do things we're to afraid of admitting that we'd like too.. those without a fun sense of who they are, those without a respectful and honest nature, those are the ones seeking alcohol for social gatherings, to liven things up, to break inhibitions down. I would easily say if you know yourself then you are able to break your inhibitions down naturally as you grow more comfortable. Alcohol is a poison nothing more, it causes your liver to die and you along with it... it also makes your life seem something it's not, in control. "I have the control to drink see what I can do"... etc..

All alcohol drinkers regardless of quantity are really just unsure of who they are... I admitt to not knowing my real self but at least I don't hide behind drinking to rid this concept from my mind.

It makes me sick to hear of children drinking alcohol, what a farce and illness society is... I am sorry for this world.

~ Sam

14. original sine Registered Senior Member

Well Sam, maybe if you went to a bar and had a few drinks, you just might get laid.

15. Roman Banned Banned

Which one of us had sex today? Yesterday? The day before that? The day before that? Hm?

16. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

maybe you just look better than I do!

17. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

"It makes me sick to hear of children drinking alcohol, what a farce and illness society is... I am sorry for this world."

Sam, I come from Germany, where alcohol is a much more accepted and even integral part of the culture as long as it's used responsibly. Only when I came to the United States of Protect the Childrens' Poor Innocent Minds and I was no longer of "drinking age" was the notion of alcohol's inherent evil forced upon me. Alcohol is fine! But like anything, too much of a good thing can be very bad! It's people like you in this country who talk about alcohol and any other potentially bad part of life as if it's something we need to protect our kids from being exposed to. Kids shouldn't play violent video games! Kids shouldn't smoke! Kids can't see clevage because it's bad. FUCKING CLEVAGE!!! We're not talking nipples here like they publish on PUBLIC newspaper ads anyone can get in German supermarkets for less than a Euro! Kids can't be allowed to know any kind of practical knowledge of the evils of the world, they should be kept in a little playpen of happy-happy-joy-joy-peace-love-dove until the evils of this world fuck them over so hard they never recover!

and you come crying to protect the children from nothing more than a very well-understood depresant. honestly, my 15-year-old sister having a beer every once in a while gives her a better understanding of it's effects, a better understanding of her tolerances, so that when she goes into the real world and drinks on her own, she can go with knowledge we've allowed her to learn in the safety of our home.

I just don't understand the whole "the poor children and the evils they see" argument... it's so American and yet so un-American at the same freakin time...

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I may now goto a bar just to prove you wrong.

19. original sine Registered Senior Member

"...it causes our minds to become skewed and makes us do things we're to afraid of admitting that we'd like too.. those without a fun sense of who they are, those without a respectful and honest nature, those are the ones seeking alcohol for social gatherings, to liven things up, to break inhibitions down."​

Would you agree that this might be beneficial for you, darksidZz?

20. Roman Banned Banned

That's true. I am better than you.
    Thanks for reminding me.

PS.
    You should find some other hopeless losers to play Dungeons & Dragons with. You might enjoy it. Blow some steam off after your day at the post office(!) slaying orcs, act out your sexual fantasies with the 40 year old fat dude across from you....

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I like the taste of evening coffee mixed with Irish Whiskey.

Baron Max

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It makes the women in my local pub look better...

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Maybe, will I be all alone with strangers