Democratic Debate, Who Won? Who Lost? Who Impressed? Who Didn't?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by monadnock, Apr 27, 2007.

1. monadnock Registered Senior Member

The "Democratic Debate" was really a forum. It reminded me of a championship fight in the first round where the boxers come out and spar, throw a few punches and go back to their corner.

Gravel, recognizing US human rights violations, vowing to end "The War on Everyone" syndrome, and Kucinich with his reasoning for impeaching Cheney impressed me the most. Too bad they'll be gone soon!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Provita Provita Registered Senior Member

Personally I LOVED Mike Gravel! Although I don't think me saying that really helps. At all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. monadnock Registered Senior Member

Gravel is exactly the breath of fresh air that this country needs but will never get!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It's there for the asking.

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I won.

I didn't watch.

9. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

No, I won.

I didn't know about it.

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The Universe is teaching you relevance.

11. countezero Registered Senior Member

Kucinich? Are you kidding me? The man is an empty-headed, partisan bomb thrower, with no real plan for any of the nation's major issues at all.

The man who impressed me the most is Richardson from New Mexico. He seems to be a genuine moderate. But unfortunately, because of the money and name recognition game, it's Obama or Hillary. Two people who have done nothing other than trip over themselves trying to avoid mistakes and controversy. Oh, how I weep for our Republic...

12. Sgt_Fury Registered Senior Member

America Lost.

This really the best we can muster?

13. superstring01 Moderator

Actually, I would prefer Clinton or Richardson. Though Clinton tippie-toes too much, I think she's become a moderate-- political life tends to do that over time. And Richardson, DAMN, there's a man I'd like to see win. Ugh... too bad he's not better funded and from a big state.

~String