Choose Your Own Adventure

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You are alone inside a cave, there is a wall ahead that says "do not enter or touch me". Soon you stand and realize there's nothing more to do here, you are weak from being knocked unconsious (through some mishap as yet unknown) an now there is no time to loose. Eventually you feel something at your feet, it's water! Water is entering this cave you're occupying, you wish to escape but the door warns of entering. There is another place to leave, it's near the door and appears less inviting, this resembles a low cave entrance, to get inside you'll need to crawl. Because of the way the floor is inclined you might have a chance if you go through the low entrance, otherwise the door is your other option. Unfortunately confounding you even further is the fact you can see the way you entered the cave, it's seemingly open but you're uncertain. The entrance does not lead up the incline however, it would take you back down, underneath the water.. hopefully to surface sometime later.

Considering your options and possibilities what would you do? This is a difficult choice but you have maybe 5 minutes, and let me say the door seems like it would be easily opened.

* Members, continue the thread by choosing a course of action, *
    * then afterward someone will respond as to the result of that action. *
    * Do not interfere or skew the storyline, we must attempt a cohesive start. *

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Open the door - I'm not superstitious.
    But do it slowly and from the side, in case anything shoots or lunges out, I am not in its path - I'm also not stupid.
    Have my pistol at the ready.

I actually like a thread you made! :^)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You've opened the door, it was heavier than you'd expected, something seemed to be keeping it from opening, a spring-like feeling. You've pushed it open slowly, been cautious, been smart... just then you hear a noise, the water is climbing, the best thing to do would be enter the new area and close the door, you do this... Nothing happened, all is silent. The door was simply broken or something, somebody put the warning their because they were trying to fix it or keep it from further breaking. You slam the door, you find a latch and lock it.

Your head is still slightly aching, you've no idea why. Someone or something hit you it would seem, you notice your back head bleeding a little. You're very annoyed... Soon you can see the hall is 2 directions, one leads left the other right...

Down the right you see a dark hallway with broken lights, there is another door at the end.

Down the left you see a turn but no doorway.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

oooooooooooooooooooooooo let me have a go.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You must choose the direction you'll now take mr emptychi person :L do this and the story can continue.. also do not just say left, make some more changes but then give us a new option to contend with. It can be anything from directions to turning things on.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

we pick the right turn, and we have discarded our pistol in exchange for a light saber.

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

:L I will allow this, but you cannot use the lightsaber because it has no power supply

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

we dont need the sabers we can kick ass anyway.

12. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You've thought about it for awhile, now you realize the only thing you'd like is to get outside and see the world, to smell the fresh air of the sea, the sea? How did you know it was a sea? Is there something you've recalled but not fully?... you think hard but can find no answers...

You begin walking down the right path, towards a door that seems to be preventing you to move onward. You try the handle and it's locked... you realize this isn't a good idea, without light you have no chance to move in the dark... however things aren't so bad yet.. that being said you choose to try and bust the door open, afterall who locks a door if nothing good is behind it?!

You smash against it, you kick the lock, you try to get the thing open.. you succeed! The handle flies off and you open the door.... inside you find a small room, like a bunker...

There inside this bunker you are confronted with a scary realization... pictures, maps, drawings.. of you!

wtf is this shit you ask?.... You read a journal about "research subject LR25" and are somewhat taken aback. So do you put the journal down or continue reading?

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I turn left and start heading down the dark hallway.
    I kick something across the ground with my foot - it's hard.
    I reach down into the darkness trying to find what I just kicked.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I guess I should have made the right.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont get this game, i am ruining it you carry on with raven so i can read how it works a bit better.

count me as an evil spirit who just fucked the adventure up for a moment

peace.

16. Roman Banned Banned

I attack the darkness.

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

With magic missle?

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I think if you are disallowing light sabers and telling people which way they turned, you need to set some ground rules, some limitations of "reality" a back story and some more information for general guidance.

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

He mentioned a lightsaber, I allowed this, however what items were initially there in the story are not changing. This means no weapons, otherwise I would've just had him off himself instead of trying to escape, lmao

Anyways a lightsaber is a fantasy device, you must use some realism here and not say he floats through the nearest wall, etc. The rule then is this... things that could potentially happen given slight sci-fish thinking or just normal things are allowed, lightsabers and phase shifting through walls are not.

Also he mentioned the way he turned, I merely carried on the story.

20. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

See, he chose for us.. that's why I carried it on.

21. Roman Banned Banned

Fireball!

22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

The sound of footsteps on a hollow floor echo from above.
    Dust falls from between teh floorboards on the cieling with each step.
    Someone is pacing back and forth upstairs.
    A second perosn enters the room upstairs and starts talking.

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Carry it abit further, you must present him with a choice to make.. I asked if he should read the journal or not, now you can take the story and have him say no then listen to those upstairs, that works... you have yet to complete the choice though :Z