This is the "liberal" media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

For morons, stating that there is a liberal media bias, here is good ol' Glenn Beck on CNN:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/24/beck-slavery/

He is probably a bigger asshole than O'Reily...

By the way, his radio show is #5 among the conservative talkshows...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hey String, this is the correct thread for your little 'liberal media" missunderstanding.

Feel free to list the liberal shows, because I want to sample them!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Yes... because naming TALK shows... and not the actual news reporting shows, is what counts. I don't deny that most talk shows are hosted by conservatives. Most liberal personalities are whiney and uninformed. I mean, who wants to listen to Phil Donahue rant about how we need to raise taxes, give more hand-outs to poor unproductive people, cut the military, let illegal immigrants swarm into America, socialize medicine, and THEN force the most productive members of society to pay for said programs. Nobody. That's why liberal talk shows suffer in the end. And if I'm wrong, do tell me how it is, that in 20 years of serious radio and TV talk shows, there hasn't been ONE successful liberal talk show.

Regarding the "left leaning" nature of the NEWS organizations, I will quote my statements in the "Liberal Colleges" thread

(Note: my statements are supported, unlinke you Syzygyz, by facts)
    ~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

CNN has been getting their ass kicked by Fox, so they throw in an occasional Beck to try to scramble out of the hole.

Beck, a Mormon, was on last night trying to defend the Mormon racist doctrines of the 70's, when Romney was already high up in the Mormon machine, with Al Sharpton, who pointed out that many Christians see Mormonism as not Christian at all, Beck didn't like that.

8. superstring01 Moderator

Even though, as liberals say, CNN isn't liberal, though when you throw the juxtaposing Glenn Beck on there, they latch onto that saying, "SEE, a conservative!" which is all well and good, but if he's conservative, then what are the rest of the talking heads? Neutral?

~String

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

all that liberal talk gets really boring. Democrats and republicans are both extreme right on the political spectrum.

It's like comparing Hitler with Mussolini. Same difference.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The boobs are going to your head spur.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

What I find disgusting about conservatives is their hypocrisy. They may be against other races and would not treat them as equals but the kind that would go to another country and screw thier women or children as whores. They may be against homosexuality or gay marriage but they use transvestite whores. In short, they do these things behind closed doors or prejudice thereby making it more proliferant in the long run by not bringing it into the light of day.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, then we can close the debate, on an agreement, can't we?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. superstring01 Moderator

What? Now, to be certain, there are racist conservatives. But that's a pretty good ad hominem categorization. There are quite a few conservatives who oppose "the war" (Pat Buchannon-- who selected a black woman as his running mate). Moreover, just because a person is a sodier does not amke him a conservative and just because soldier rapes a woman (as you pointed out) does not make him a conservative either. Just as important, none of these things categorize anybody other than the perpetrator any more than, say, Bill Clinton boinking Monica Lewinsky makes all liberals misgynist philanderers.** I'd like to see you prove that claim with a few facts.

And, transvestite whores? C'mon! Where do you get that?

~String
    **I'd like to point out, that I'm perfectly okay with Bill Clinton sticking his cigar wherever he wants, and never understood all the hububb. The only thing I thought deserved attention (maybe not IMPEACHMENT level attention) was his lying about it.

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That pretty much sums it up. The best strategy is that they SEEMINGLY divide the voters, thus the idiots are led by their nose....

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Oh on a personal note, String, how can a gay atheist worship Ronald Reagan?

Ronnie hated both groups....

17. superstring01 Moderator

If you wish... the point I was making was the NEWS reporting divisions were left leaning and headed by left leaning infrastructures which filter the news reporting to give it a left leaning bias.

~String

18. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Except that it is a myth. You don't get more reporting of leftish riots on CNN, ABC, whatever than you get it on FOX....

19. superstring01 Moderator

Eeew. Where did I say I worshipped Ronnie? I thought he was an effective president. Moreover, I am capable of seeing the whole picture. Are gay issues the ONLY issues out there? THAT would be pretty ignorant. Besides-- Ronnie hardly "hated" both groups. I can't be sure of his personal affections, but one can't work in Hollywood without being, at least, personally tolerant of Gays... seen or unseen.

Oh-- and look who ran against him? Carter? Mondale? C'mon!

To me, the most important issues on the table have been and always will be: free trade, national defense, government spending**, government regulation, and states rights (all of which, I'm in harmony with the Republicans about). To be certain, I agree with most of the Dem's stances on equality... but it ends about there, but THOSE issues don't trump the survival of the Republic.

~String
    **To be certain, TODAY's Republicans aren't yesterday's Republicans. It's a sad time when you have to turn to the Democrats to control spending. So, in that regard, (as I've stated all along) the Republicans are total sell out hypocrit, tax-and-spend, idiots. When will America learn.

20. superstring01 Moderator

No. News is news. It's how one slants the reporting that matters. As I've pointed out. Also, it's the "small" stories that matter as well, and when you only point out the liberal ones, little by little, you skiew the facts.

~String

21. terryoh Registered Senior Member

Not that I doubt you, but I'm quite interested in Phil Donahue. Can you give me references to where he said he wanted to raise taxes? Because that's a dumb thing to say (by any political persuasion). Also about wanting illegal immigrants to swarm America. I don't want that for America.

I doubt most liberals support most of what you stated above.

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You said the next president should be a RR clone. That is as close to worshipping as it can get.

You might want to refresh your memory on RR's SILENCE on AIDS, and wasn't he the one saying that atheists can not be patriots? Maybe that was daddy Bush, but I bet Ronnie's view was pretty much the same on it.

I understand if you picked him because there wasn't a better. but when you pick an idol, why him? Even Sanjaya (yummie!) would be better...

Ronnie spent like there is no tomorrow....

I am sure if I wanted to pick a republican symbol, I could find a much better president. But again, I never understood the right's fascination with Ronnie...

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, here is our problem. You are applying American standard (anything left of FOX News is liberal) and even surprized when Europeans treat Americans like dirt. I am applying European standard, which is the objectivity of the BBC.

Here is one example how liberal CBS is, the retirement of Dan Rather.

Dan Rather correctly reported that Bush was AWOL from the Alabama guard. Sure he used false evidence, nevertheless the report of Bush missing was TRUE.

Guess whose carrier ended for reporting the truth???