Guiliani: Best Defense a Good Offence. NO SURRENDER IN WAR ON TERROR

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 26, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Rudy Guiliani, while campaigning in New Hampshire, emphasized his views on foriegn policy and contrasted his views with those of the Democrats (note that he's leapfrogging right past the other Republicans).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Ah.

Nothing like riling up Americans to vote for you by stirring up FEAR and INSECURITY about the future.

It's historically the most effective way to get elected, re-elected, and thrown out of office.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Reality Check!http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18312789/

That would put little Rudy outside majority American public opinion. He is doomed. Anyone in the GOP that fistpumps to George's war on Iraq is sunk. How else could the "cut & run" party seize the Senate, Congress and public opinion? Wake up and smell the defeat!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The "Cut and Run Party" (nice name) didn't run as such. They recruited a bunch of conservative Democrats and didn't say boo about plans to cut and run. Now that they've won, their true colors are revealed. The Democrats tried this strategy once before, and suffered a humiliating defeat.

Rudy will get the Republican nomination and then will crush Hilary or Obama.

PS I thought you were rooting for Rudy, Genji?

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Also, American public opinion is against Bush's / Giuliani's war on Iraq. See link a couple posts above.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Do you still think he's not likely to get the nomination? There's really no one else getting any traction.

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

The GOP is in trouble. The Right had built a successful and unprecedented rise to power only to have GW bring it all down around them. Kind of what Rostenkowski (IL) did to the successful Democratic machine years ago. I will never believe the GOP will nominate Giuliani. The GOP is splintering and flaming out in all directions. Only a resurrection of Reagan or Father Caughlin could save the Right in the US.

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You may be right.

I truly fear the damage the Democrats would do to this country should they get the presidency and the congress. Especially should they achieve a great enough majority to be filibuster proof. We'd really be fucked then.

One ironic thing that could happen in that scenario is that instead of activist liberal judges pissing off all the conservatives; we might have activist conservative judges pissing off the liberals!

I really do believe Guiliani will be the next President, regardless of who wins the Congress. And should the Democrats maintain or (worse yet) increase their control, they'll no doubt fuck up soon enough and be thrown out of office.

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

Both parties suck. Both are corrupted capitalist corporations with one objective in mind: Keep the rich wealthy and keep the working man powerless.
    The country always vacillates from Republican to Democrat. GW has REALLY stepped in it and he's brought the whole country down with him. Your support of his war baffles me as it is the single factor sealing the GOP's fate in '08. If there was no war on Iraq your party would be in much better shape, a helluva lot better shape. I'm just glad GW is a Republican. You say you fear Dems screwing things up. Has any president and his team ever fucked up more than GW?? He will be remembered, you can count on that. His coming from the GOP will be too.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

First of all, you're completely correct. If not for the war, we'd probably be seeing the "permanent GOP majority" that Bush was trying to create.

However, when I, my family, or my country is attacked; I fight back. When those planes slammed into the world trade center, it pissed me off. It really pissed me off.

Now Afganistan was a no brainer. We had to attack and were completely justified.

Iraq, however, well, I do wish we hadn't invaded at this point. But we did. So regardless of what has happened so far, it is now the central front in the war on Islamofascism. We can not afford to back down.

If the Democrats get their way and we run away from Iraq with our tails between our legs it will be a disaster. The middle east will boil over into complete chaos. We will lose all credibility with our friends and our enemies.

We would be abandoning those who have helped us into the hands of brutal savages. It would be immoral. It would be wrong. You do not start a war, stir up a hornet's nest, then walk away. It is our responsibility to not leave until order is restored.

How can you justify our pulling out, knowing it will result in chaos and genocide? And don't think the chaos will leave us untouched as it did when we abandoned our allies in Vietnamn.

So honor and self interest demands that we continue fighting for however long it takes.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Did you get your gun and shoot some arabs?

Seems to me like you didn't do anything but sit on your arse and talk bullshit on a internet forum.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Just out of curiosity: What is your PERSONAL view, why they did it?

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Iraq is full of people with very strong religious feelings, it is also an Islamic republic. When we leave Iraq, it will be an Islamic state wether we like it or not. The people in charge will not be seeking to invade the US, but it will be a haven for Al Quida, like it or not. Perhaps Bush should have thought a little more about strategy rather than ego.

Guiliani's argument is a strawman. No one is proposing surrender, or a purely defensive strategy against known terrorist groups. He hasn't a chance in hell of becoming president.

18. broadandbeaver 'Now I am become Death Registered Senior Member

Hasn't this idiot Guiliani figured out that the scare tactic is gonna work against him?

Yeah, sure he will. Bush 2. Rudy is a fuckin jerk and should give it up before he get's us tight ass reamed.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

The GOP had everything they ever wanted lying out before them in 2000. What a disaster it has been for the country. The GOP has clearly done much more damage to the USA and it's interests since '01 than Saddam Hussein and the Taliban combined. A truly shameful chapter in American history.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

He's fighting back the same way I am: Through the billions & billions of tax dollars lost in the Iraq civil war we started. The difference is he is cheering for more billions upon billions to be spent expanding the civil war. I resent my taxes going to this blackhole and don't believe my government is competent enough to 'win' anything but death & debt.

21. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

What else are American conservatives good for?

(No. Ridicule is not the answer I'm looking for.)

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

How can you justify staying in, watching it result in chaos and genocide ?

23. Genji Registered Senior Member