Why Girls Don't Like You

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 25, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Everyone knows who this thread is addressed too...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Where's he? That darkdsjsddg guy?

Anyways... Here's the article I found... just for fun...

"Why I wouldn’t date him…
    By Dave Singleton
    When it comes to sizing up our dates, don’t we all feel a little Seinfeld-ian from time to time? When I interviewed women for this article, I heard many, many complaints—from the universal, easily understood to the mystifyingly personal. Let me give you some samples: “He smoked.” “He wasn’t nice to the waiter.” “He put ketchup on his eggs—gross!” “His shoes were too pointy.” “His nose hair needed grooming.” “He looked like he’d be a slobbery kisser.” During those early dates, many of us turn into Jerry, Elaine and George, and nitpick our dates into obscurity.

But after you’ve made it through the first few obstacles and dated him for a few months, what are the next series of “should we continue or not” hurdles you face? I discovered there are some common themes when it comes to why women give a guy a chance… and then give him the old heave-ho. Listen in as women share what turns Mr. Maybe into Mr. Not-If-You-Were-the-Last-Man-on-Earth:

Mr. Bad Manners. “While eating spaghetti, he practically buried his face in the bowl and slurped the noodles, then tried to talk to me with noodles dangling from his mouth,” says Jenny, 29, of Washington, D.C., who dated Todd, 32, for three months. “I wish I had seen his bad manners earlier,” says Jenny. “What I learned is that people can stay on their best behavior for a few weeks, or even months, but eventually, the truth comes out. I guess that Todd was on his best behavior the first month or so. He didn’t show such poor table manners at first. But after asking him repeatedly and politely to stop chewing with his mouth open, I finally gave up. He wouldn’t listen to me and was very defensive about the whole subject. I learned one thing about myself. Bad table manners are my deal-breaker.”
    Lesson to learn: Stay on your best manners—until they become your everyday manners.

Mr. Cheapo. “Barry, the man I was seeing for five months, is cute, but I hate that he’s cheap,” says Linda, 37, of Norfolk, VA. “He’s my age and makes a good living as a lawyer. So he has no excuse, really. Cheapness is the kiss of death for me. I hate when a man you’re seeing turns into an accountant at the end of a meal or event. Barry would turn to me and say, ‘And your half comes to…,’ until it finally drove me crazy. The final straw was when, on my birthday, he gave me a tacky “re-gift” out of his closet. To top it off, he never wanted to spend money going to plays or cultural events. I’m not saying a guy needs to spend a mint on me, but I believe money should be used in moderation to create great shared experiences and convey affection. It wasn’t about the money as much as it was his attitude.”
    Lesson to learn: Be open to spending some money on shared experiences that bond the two of you and create great memories. Also know that there are plenty of women out there who expect a guy to pay until the relationship is rock-solid (not saying it’s fair, just that’s the way it is).

Mr. Zero Ambition. “We had fun at first,” says Stacy, 35, of Pasadena, CA, about her short-term boyfriend Allan, 36. “But I had to leave him after six months. Yes, he was a nice guy. It just didn't feel right with him because he has no future ambition, like getting married or wanting to have a stable career. He works at a video store, which would have been fine, but he just doesn’t seem to care about what he does or have any plan for his life (hey, he usually didn’t even have a plan for the weekend!). Eventually, I want to buy a home and fix it up with my husband. I also want to have kids, which costs a lot of money these days, so I need a guy who cares at least a little about finances. I enjoyed his company for the months we were together, but his passive approach to just watching his life go by got to me. It got boring to be with a guy who never wanted to do anything but watch TV.”
    Lesson learned: Think about where you want to be in 5 or 10 years, and take steps to go after it. Take a small risk, show some initiative. And if your job doesn’t thrill you, try sharing something else that you are passionate about — Mexican food, kayaking, whatever — with your date so she can learn from you and feel a deeper connection and an excitement about being with you.

Mr. Neglectful. “Once we got into the comfort zone of dating regularly, he started ignoring me and I couldn’t take it anymore,” says Sharon, 39, of Hartford, CT, of Lou, 42, her boyfriend of four months. “What started out as an exciting relationship turned into such a lonely affair. When we first met, he surprised me with calls during the day, funny emails, and nights out on the town. But little by little, he stopped doing all of that. He made excuses for not spending as much time with me. He either saw his friends alone several nights a week or wanted to, in his words, ‘chill out from the long work day.’ The funny thing is that I don’t think he was planning to break up with me. Even though I’d been telling him for a few weeks that I wasn’t happy with the lack of time and energy going into our relationship, he seemed surprised when I broke up with him. It’s like he wooed me and then once he got me, he didn’t want to make an effort anymore. Lack of connection seemed fine with him, but it didn’t work for me.”
    Lesson learned: You don’t have to be with her 24/7, but do know that there’s the expectation by many women to see their guy once during the week and on the weekend—once they get into a dating groove, that is. If you can’t spend that much time with her, let her know you’re thinking of her with a quick email or text message now and then, or just a voicemail saying that you’re heading out to hockey practice with the guys but are thinking of how much fun it will be to see her on the weekend.

Mr. Independence. “What happens when you realize you’re dating someone who isn’t sure he wants to be dating?” asks New Yorker Diane, 32. “I met Tom through friends and really liked him… but as we began dating regularly — three or four times a week — I noticed that he kept joking about how he’d never marry until he was 50, how he was thinking of going on a guys-only vacation over the summer… it was as if he wanted me to know, don’t get too serious about this guy. He still treated me well, but I couldn’t ignore the signals he was so clearly sending about his priorities, and broke things off.”
    Lesson learned: Not looking to get serious? Send those signals out from day one. Don’t start seeing someone and then back-pedal like crazy. It’s much better to find someone who’s also looking for something casual, too.

“We all have deal-breakers in our relationships,” says Dave Singleton. “There’s nothing wrong with that. But hopefully, they aren’t a laundry list of impossible standards.” His books, The MANdates: 25 Rules for Successful Gay Dating and Behind Every Great Woman is a Fabulous Gay Man (Advice from a Guy Who Gives it to You Straight), are available now. To read the other side of this story, click here."
    http://msn.match.com/msn/article.as...ngID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6&GT1=9278

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

because he is blind to the world around him.

because the world is blind to the shining light within him.

because there are girls who cant act to wish to be loved

because there are boys who cant act to wish to be loved

because, just because...

The white rose bears no love, the white rose bears no blood, if there are none to use it for love, if there are none to color it with their blood

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

And women wonder why so many guys are assholes.
    Women and their irrational mentality tend to 'nitpick' themselves right out of a potentially good guy.
    They depend on their 'women's intuition' which is nothing but a myth, and wonder why the guy doesn't work out, or beats her or isn't ambitious, etc.. Uh, shouldn't your 'reliable' intuition forewarn you about things like that?
    When women act like this, it's very difficult to not have a misogynistic attitude.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I am here, this thread is an honor to all men everywhere seeking a female for mating purposes.

I only have myself now, I am utterly alone... doomed is more like it..

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I get asked all the time at work how I snagged such a classy - gorgeous lady.(which I take as an insult - naturally I have my share of ego - goddammit i'm uhhh as classy,er gorgeo....uhh i'm "handy").

My reply is usually:

"Because i'm truely a nice guy and she's truely a nice girl...it's that simple". Ohhh double slam, frankly i'm saying you're a bitch and your husband(or guys you date one after another) is an asshole, go try and steal someone else's guy you hussy...

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Idiot. You will always be alone...

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This is why you will always be alone. You don't want a life, you don't want love, you don't want a girlfriend. Hell, you don't even want a bloody date. You want "a female for mating purposes."

You don't even talk like a man. You talk like a dog surrounded by bitches in heat and your biology is telling you to get some. Except you're not the alpha dog, you don't even have the energy that might generate some excitement or some personality. You just think you're entitled to a female dog because otherwise life would just not be fair. You don't actually have to do anything, or be anything, or say anything, or even think anything, to make one of these females interested in you. No you just have to be there and they should come to you automatically.

The way you talk speaks volumes about what's inside you. And THERE IS NOTHING THERE!

Move away from your parents, go to college, and build a life for yourself. If you are just too complacent with the zero-energy life you're living, nothing given and nothing taken, then stay there. BUT STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT. It's your choice.
    Some people are doomed by fate. But you are only doomed by your own choices. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR LIFE, THEN FOR THE GODDESS'S SAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Get off the bloody internet and file your university application.
    You call this list "nitpicking"??? These men really are assholes.I don't want to hang out with guys who are slobs or guys who are cheap shit or guys who don't care about their own future or guys who don't hold up their end of a friendship either. Who the hell wants to spend time with any of these guys? The smoking, okay personally I don't mind smoking, but a lot of people do, both men and women, and it's a real deal-breaker.
    There is nothing irrational or nitpicky about most of those complaints. Those guys are jerks and don't deserve a good woman.

But most of these aren't Darkie's problem. Well maybe just one, and it's a really big one: He doesn't give a flying fuck about his own future. He has no plans, no desires, no interests, no ambitions, no goals. He lives like an insect, just breathing and feeding and sleeping and crawling through to the next day so he can complain some more.

Women don't really like that type of guy. However, universities will take just about anybody these days. If he'd enroll in college, it would be like that insect larva going into pupation, and in a few years he'd come out and be something better. Then he would be an adult and he would be able to find a mate.

Children--both human children and insect children--don't get mates. You have to be an adult to get one.

ARE YOU LISTENING? YOU HAVE TO GROW UP BEFORE YOU "GET A FEMALE FOR MATING."

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Youve problably noticed but DarksideZz isnt big on taking any advice. The advice hes recieved on this board could problably fill a 300 page book.

Hes fallen deeply in love with his malaise and now wishes only to share it with others...instead of keeping it selfishly for himself.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Eh... I gave him a pretty good book to read... he's just not interesting in getting a life! :bugeye: