China's Gun Control Policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Facial, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Facial Valued Senior Member

Source:
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-04/21/content_856308.htm

So we see that in a country with over 4 times as many people, gun crimes are comparatively rare, and especially so if measured on a per capita basis.

But if people start buying RPGs in the black market, why not arm ourselves with those RPGs too? Most guns are inferior compared to them! Or what about WMDs? I'm telling you, criminals can't wait to top McVeigh's truck bomb. Who knows what they'll use - anthrax, botulinum, smallpox, sarin, ricin, VX, nukes, etc. So we must have the right to bear WMDs in defense!

After all, our right to bear arms is protected by the constitution. For defense's sake! Start thinking beyond "arms" as in "guns" - think flamethrowers, RPGs, WMDs, mines, missiles, and other bombs.

But I'd prefer a more peaceful world. Which is why I would stick with China's strict policy, even if it puts me at an incrementally greater risk for some time. Seriously, I'm not that selfish. But I could start building defense bombs if you prefer.

If you've been reading Chinese news for some times, you'll know that gun control works if strictly applied. All the murders in China involve few individuals, and because they usually are done with knives and clubs.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Facial

Can you say Tiananmen Square, Tibet, Gulja massacre, Tian'an'men Massacre on June 4th 1989 [massacre of the Peking city to be exact] would be related to mourning late CCP general secretary Hu Yaobang. The significant difference of June 4th 1989 Massacre from that on April 5th 1976 would be the fact that reporters from news media all over the world, who had converged upon Peking for Gorbachev visitation and the World Bank meeting, had witnessed the communist killing machines, i.e., tanks, machine guns, bayonets and dumdum bullets.

So with the government massacring so many it is a safe place?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i mentioned that in the gun control argument

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

hey he has a rocket launcher i need one too, hey he has a nuke i need one too.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Facial

Unless the government is doing the murders, and China is famous for its massacres, should I repeat them again?, and I have found more.

And how about the 22,000 executions a year?

8. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

buffalo : i dont get how the 22,000 executions a year are related in any way to gun control. yes china has a lot of problems and its hardly what you might call democratic but how is that in any way related to gun crime. facial's argument seems to be that on a purely statistical basis, america with its pro gun ownership laws has far more gun related homicides than china with anti gun ownership laws. youre talking bout the completely autocratic nature of the govt while the argument is that strict gun laws help reduce the number of gun related homicides

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

airavata, because the government seem to be the biggest murder of all, it uses murder to keep the people in line, or what would you consider the Tienemin Square ? was that not government sanctioned murder?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Weren't you the one complaining about Samcdkey's English?

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey

NWTRT

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Tell us the story again how you led a platoon of latrine diggers on a mission to capture Salman Rushdie and execute him on the spot for being an intellectual.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey

NILSHTI

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you are so full of useful information.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Did they flush him out?

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It was a bit tricky to flush him out because Salman was at a book signing. But once they started shooting all the people and enough blood started flowing Salman was flushed out of the terrorist book store.

17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Lol, WTF? China is one of the last countries someone should be listening to in regards to how well gun control is for their citizens, lol. Obviously their government is gonna say that and will wanna take a stance against em. The same for any anti-stance taken against any other freedom we take for granted from our Constitution. I take it we should all listen to China in regards to how well their stance is against free speech too?

- N

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Our guns keep us from having a government like China's. The last time a despotic regime tried to curtail our freedom we started shooting them.

I'm willing to put up with a considerable amount of danger in order not to have to live like the Chinese, and I'm not just talking about executions. Its government is completely out of control.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little security will end up with neither, and that is exactly what they deserve." -- a quote often attributed to Ben Franklin but the source is actually undetermined. It was probably a rather common saying in America in the Revolutionary Era. We should be reminded of it, as we endure "no-fly" lists, wiretapping, and being leered at by "inspectors" with full-body x-ray machines in airports.

You can keep China, and take its running-dog Wal-Mart with you on your way out. I prefer the gun culture even though I personally don't like to be around them.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You and BR making a very illogical argument. The 2 are unrelated. Simple proof, Japan.

It has a democracy and its gunviolence is very, very rare, probably 1/100th of the US violence on a per capita base.

End of story...

P.S.; Not to mention that with rising gun ownership we have less and less freedom!

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Syzygys, wrong gun violence is still taking place in Japan, a little research show that the criminal element still has access to fire arms any time they want them.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Only 20% of Americans vote and the President is elected by the Supreme Court.

Thats not freedom, thats negligence.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

samcdkey

As usual sam is wrong, failure to research, hatred of America,
    US Census Press Releases
    Percentage of eligible voters who cast their ballots in the November 2000 presidential election, slightly higher than the 58 percent who voted in 1996. ...
    http://www.census.gov/Press-Release...cts_for_features_special_editions/002957.html

Last time I checked 58%

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How many of the eligible people register to vote?

How many of the registered voters actually vote?

Do your brain cells function at all?

edit: I checked again, it was 40% of the VAP, not 20%.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007