US Supreme Court Bans Partial Birth Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 18, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

In a moment of rare sanity, the US Supreme Court banned the barbaric procedure known as "partial birth abortion".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

So now the politicians get to decide what's best for patients, not medical doctors?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Some irresponsible 17 year old teenage mom will appeal it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sure, who cares if the mom is dead, we saved the foetus! Horray! And don't ask for welfare, either, that's for lazy slobs.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Appeal to who, this is the Supreme Court. You can't appeal.

As far as moms dropping dead for want of a partial birth abortion, bullshit.

This procedure involves allowing the entire baby to be born except the head, then killing the child before the head comes out. How the hell does that save the mother's life?

9. mountainhare Banned Banned

Holy shit, the ignorance of Americans is displayed for all to see!

Partial birth abortions are done precisely because of the health of the mother. If the risks of pregnancy are decided to be great, the mother should have the right to undergo a partial birth abortion. Simple as that. Black and white. This is something to be discussed between patient and doctor, not some retarded judges.

You Americans are fucked in the head. No seriously, my respect has dropped another notch.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'll be sure to inform the court. I'm sure they'll change their decision once they realize their decision has resulted in such a significant loss of prestige!

11. superstring01 Moderator

Because, you know, the Supereme Court speaks for all of us. Idiot. (not that I disagree with their decision).

~String

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Gubmint health care. The conservative nanny state is flexing it's muscles.

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

"This procedure involves allowing the entire baby to be born except the head, then killing the child before the head comes out. "

WTF?? How old gestation period was allowed???

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

These were "viable fetuses" up to nine months. If they hadn't had their brains sucked out of their heads just before being born, that is.

As I said, this was a barbaric procedure that should have been banned long ago.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Brains are only sucked out if the fetus is hydrocephalic and the head is too bloated for passage from the cervix, actually its not the brains that are sucked out its the excess fluid. Its a very rare form of abortion and hardly ever performed except in some cases when removing a dead fetus from a womb (after a miscarriage). When it is performed, it is usually necessary.

16. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Apparently when called on it, politicians against the order couldn't name one medical instance when this type of abortion was necessary.

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Specific steps in the most commonly used partial-birth abortion procedure, Dilation and Extraction, are:
    1. A medical professional induces a breech (feet first) delivery with forceps.
    2. Legs, arms and torso of the fetus are delivered (i.e. expelled from the mother).
    3. The back of the fetus' skull is punctured with a scissors-like instrument.
    4. A suction device is inserted into the skull.
    5. The device sunctions out the contents of the fetus' skull, causing the skull to collapse.
    6. The lifeless fetus is delivered.
    Ron Fitzsimmons, executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers, told The New York Times that "in the vast majority of cases, the procedure is performed on a healthy mother with a healthy fetus" (Feb. 26, 1997).

Mr. Fitzsimmons estimated that 4,000-5,000 abortions annually are performed by the partial birth method.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Duh!

You missed what happens in the dilation.

Are there any statistics on PBAs?

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

Conservative Nanny State:

Only Heterosexuals are allowed to be married. They call gays immoral but deny us the human right of marriage.

Christian men decide whether a woman is deemed the right to birth control.

Only Christian men decide if a woman should have access to legal abortion.

Teach Christianity in public schools. Science is an evil commie plot.

Only men can be priests or pastors.

Christianize Hollywood. Stop portraying non Christian family life on TV.

No drinking or smoking!

The Conservative nanny state is here! Thank you George W!! We KNEW you could buy the Supremes and bring moral Christian values to all!:worship:

20. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Well then do you think it's ok for policitians to vehemently defend something if they know anything about it? Especially someone who could possibly run for/be elected president? Hilary was asked about these partial birth abortions and she basically just answered with the quote above me.

21. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

...relevance?

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

You tighty righties cheer big government interference in private life after all but blame liberals for doing that very thing. You want men and Christians to make personal medical choices for women, like they can't do that themselves. You are cheering the Nanny State! MORE government making MORE choices for Americans! If men became pregnant abortion would be a sacrament.

23. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Or maybe we are just against brutally murdering beings with souls for no true medical purpose.