Wrong Directions?!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Apr 18, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed May 3, 2007.
  1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. I can't remember

10.0%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Have you ever given anyone the wrong directions on purpose merely because they were bothering you?

I've nothing more to ask here... um... hi

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

Whenever a yuppie conservative type asks me for directions I do my best to send them into a bad neighborhood. Just makes me feel good. Rightwing bumperstickers will get you the same treatment.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Just think about how "nice" the world would be if everyone took that same attitude. Is that what you'd want others to do to you? Have we really lost sight of kindness and courteousness and such?

"Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you." Is that just a bullshit, old-fashioned idea now-a-days?

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I usually have foreigners ask me directions. I usually feel put on the spot and talk quickly giving directions, so they have a hard time understanding me, everything I say punctuated with eh's, umm's and err's. I've given directions when I didn't know where things were before just because I felt bad saying no.

The last time somebody asked for directions in the street, they wanted to know where the library was. Conveniently, it was across the road and I could point at it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. draqon Banned Banned

There are no wrong directions. All is relative and subjective to the mind of the beholder. Choose the path and it will lead to an inevitable the same event as anticipated.

9. Ripley Valued Senior Member

This is one of those attitudes that rears its lovely head but for very different reasons. The pretext of course is "acting" like a prick.

10. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

What if a certain direction leads straight up Jack's arse? what then?

11. draqon Banned Banned

By such you mean an unwanted situation? If such is true, than that unwanted situation was unforeseen from the start and thus the person allowed it unto himself to lead it into this situation by masking with illusionary outcome.

Than...he/she/it must accept their destiny and die if such is the final inevitable outcome.

12. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

But that contradicts your previous post.

13. draqon Banned Banned

what exactly does this contradicts.

All I am saying is that an outcome which is unwanted was indeed wanted and happened because of illusion of a good outcome happening.

And that is what I meant.

14. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

The what?

15. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

Is it a give away if you show with your hands your knowledge of directions that your lieing or not?

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I hope you're joking.

When I was a teenager, I had a job doing lawnwork for a rich guy in Crown Point. (I made a big $3/hour, tax free!) He owned two giant houses right next to each other that together took up a whole city block.

Anyway, because the houses were on Court Street (which is a major street in Crown Point), I was constantly being asked directions. I aways did my best to help them, regardless of political affiliation.

Have you ever heard,
    "By their works, they shall be known."​
    You are not doing much for the image of gay communists.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Oh no I'm not kidding! And I'm not selling an image, I'm a Genji for Christ's sakes!
    I sent a yuppie GW luvin fambly of 4 into KC's dreaded and violent Southeast Side a year or so ago. They had yuppie suburban plates (Identifying a wealthy rightist county) and a GW sticker! Plus, as if that wasn't enough, a sticker that said "He Knew You in the Womb." Even Hitler? Anyway, I decided I despised them and sent them straight into the 'hood at 11 at night! All one way in there so who knows if they ever got out. Hehe. Reminds me of that scene in the original Vacation movie!! High 5!!

18. I have not given wrong directions but for three days in a row i kept getting a call from the wrong number so I finally told them the person they were looking for was in an accident at hospital...... i never received another call from that idiot. I try very hard most of the time not to give into my inner evil. Repeated idiocy seems to bring it out. I am getting much more tolerant as I grow up.

19. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I might give wrong directions to a friend as a joke, but I dont think I would ever give wrong directions to anyone who asked nicely.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That is not funny at all. I know someone who's son made a wrong turn in Chicago, ended up in a bad neighborhood, and was killed. I didn't allow my 17 year old son to drive to his grandparent's house in Chicago for just that reason. I let him drive hundreds of miles to his grandparents house in Southern Indiana. But no fuckin' way I am letting him near "the hood". Especially with guys like you around who think endangering other people's lives is a joke.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Maybe it is about time you started caring then about the society you helped to create instead of avoiding the bad parts.

22. Bells Staff Member

You have brought truth to the saying 'people are arseholes'.

23. Yeah but sometimes they grow up into fairly nice people.