Firearms Field Guide - How To Disable An Attacker

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Apr 16, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

My friends of SciForums I greet you. This will be a tutorial on how to disable and otherwise incapacitate a person with a firearm. Contrary to what you've heard firearms are not as dangerous as they might appear, most of the risk lay in running rather than confronting the attacker. Let me explain why..

If someone has a weapon the chances of it being a basic gun are high, this means when they have it they feel a sense of control, but not over you.. over the gun. As long as they have the weapon they'll feel as if they can do anything, but the moment it's taken away is when you can equalize things abit.

Most of the time when you meet someone with a weapon they'll be somewhat unskilled. That means they'll want to be closer to you than normal, this will let them feel like they have a better chance of injurying you but in reality it offers you an advantage. The closer they are the less firing range they have to aim in, that means they have less time to react and also to think.

You must first consider who you're dealing with, are they holding the weapon oddly? Do they seem familiar with it? If the answer to these is NO then you've got a very good chance of not only surviving but also disabling them.

In order to hold a weapon the person must use their arm to aim... in Jeet Kune Do and other martial arts we learn the best method of attack is to perform a DESTRUCTION on their bicep muscle. It's rather easy.... they hold the gun towards you, you move in and with your opposite arm hit their bicep muscle... it will cause termendous pain, enough so they discharge the weapon or let it go... that's when you kick their ass!

Anymore suggestions let me know, you'll love to kick peoples butts when you try this, it works.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Have you ever done this in a real life scenario?
    Have you ever had a gun pulled on you?
    Have you ever been shot at?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I haven't, but it can only be fired once at close range before you have a chance of intercepting it, that means you just need to discharge the firearm then it's useless to the criminal. You can then begin destructions on him like head butts and such, he'll not be around to fire again.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I figured as much.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I took Jeet Kune Do for like 6 months, I learned alot.

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Then you certainly qualify to give lessons and advice on how to disable an armed attacker.

By all means, continue.
    Teach us, master.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

if you are in arms reach of the person, (close enough to grab the gun) then maybe you have like a 10% chance of trying to do something about it, but you wil still most likely be shot somewhere in the body.

your basicaly screwed if they have a gun and are strong enough to pull the trigger, and are not blind.

you said a few things wich are slightly true, but your point as a whole is flawed to be honest, i have trained in comvat scenarios with firearms, using marker guns and paintball guns. foam guns and plastic BB guns.

and the outcome is usualy the same, you get shot, the best results we ever had in this type of scenario were ducking behind cover, and escaping the situation, but sometimes if we were in arms reach we did actualy win the fight on the odd occasion, but this is in training where you get to walk away from your mistakes, in real life a mistake will make you die

peace.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

oh yeah and they dont only get 1 bullet to fire, not with a semi automatic, or an automatic weapon, you usualy get peppered full of bullets,

i have been in combat scenarios with me unnarmed and my friend armed with a BB gun, we would be 10 feet away from each other, and i would get shot to bits, and occasionaly pistol whiped or gun butted, (wich frickin hurts).

peace.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

in all respects though it can be possible to duck behind cover, get up close and actualy win the fight with your bare hands,

but! that has happend like 1/100 times, and you dont get that amount of chances in real life, its too risky, my advice is to find the nearest bit of cover duck the hell behind it, and try to get away.

or ofcourse have your own gun to even the odds and shoot back, (while obviously taking cover and using covert tactics, not just standing and shooting back

peace.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes but have you seen a device called a hand cover? This is a tool I've invented that is made of bullet proof cloth. You put on these coverings and when in close proximity to an attacker are able to discharge his gun right into your hand, thus you have even more ability to manipulate the shot. He cannot hurt you this way.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

how does that work,

peace.

15. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Is it on the market? Do you have a link to a website or anything?

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

by invented i think he means thought of, no prototype no ipr, no nothing apart from good old imagination

peace,

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

But he asked you if you have ever seen one. :bugeye:

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i know i thought of that first of all, but figured he was just joking,

would a super high charged powerful magnetic device be able to to take a gun from someone?

peace.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

easier said than done

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i bet,

peace.

21. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

The cloth might not rupture, but a hand would (and the cloth then pushed through the hole)!

Plus, there's still the small matter of the kinetic energy to deal with (at muzzle velocity) even if it were a lump of metal and not a cloth.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The best way to disable a chinese dude with a firearm is to just give him damn 100 on the math quiz instead of the 99.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

i have.
    the guy even said he was going to shoot me.
    it's a day i will never forget.

needless to say i'm still alive, hmmmm . . . i wonder what happened to the guy.