UK Government Says the "War on Terror" is Over

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghost_007, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

http://www.chris-floyd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1111&Itemid=135

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1260741,00.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Does the Koran no longer mandate Global Islamic Theocracy?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Please stop trolling!!!

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It's a simple question which you don't want to answer, why is that?

9. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Well to begin with it is preposterously off-topic.

The Quran is open to interpretation, you’ll find that the views held by Muslims vary considerably.

Now please, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread - do not post!!!

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Should the war on terror continue against those who interpret, and act upon, that the Koran mandates Global Islamic Theocracy?

11. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

Should there be a war on christians who interpret and act upon the idea that the bible mandates Global Christian Theocracy?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I haven't heard of this.

13. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I'm in favor of it. Christian fundamentalists are no better than any other fundamentalists. Foisting any faith onto unwilling subjects, especially through public offices, is tyranny regardless of the origin of that faith. I think that and the abyssmal managment of the war in Iraq is what cost the Reps in the last election more than any great desire to hand the reins over to the Dems. (What I found curious is that despite the loss of such a key position, the Reps weren't screaming for recounts. I think there was one call, and it was a legitimate concern because the count was so close.)

I have no problem with public officials using their faiths to bolster themselves in their jobs. It's when they use that faith to dictate policy. I have no problem with a judge who, before the start of the day's hearings, prays to his god that he makes the right judgements. I have a problem with the judge who asks his god what sort of sentences to hand out. (Reminds me of something I heard recently: "When you talk to God, it's praying. When God talks to you, it's schizophrenia.")

But back to the subject matter. Just because one party decides that you can't call a rampaging elephant a rampaging elephant, does that somehow mean that the elephant is no longer rampaging?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

What are you in favor of Oxygen, you never said.

15. Vega Banned Banned

The end of major combat operations!!!..haha

16. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

Its pretty much what they're trying to do, albeit more sublimely than Islam.

Every group thinks they have the ultimate authority and therefore subconsciously thinks that they are the rightful heirs to the world. The US creates as much (if not more) terror as the so-called terrorists do. So who, really is the terrorist? Is it simply a point of view?

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Here's your problem, the Koran mandates Islamic Global Theocracy, the Theocracy of the Christian God is not mandated until after Armageddon.

So the pursuit of Islamic Global Theocracy will lead to Armageddon, and the Theocracy of Jesus will come in to clean up the mess.

18. Vega Banned Banned

I like to see their faces when they start seeing ufo's in the skies...Look the prophets are back!!!...Allah is truly here!!! haha

19. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

It doesn't matter what you think it says. The majority of christians worldwide believe that everyone needs to be christian. And that the problems and conflicts of the world are because not everyone is christian.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No, Christians want that everybody be born-again because we've heard that Hell isn't too keen, I suppose some may enjoy Hell, but I doubt it, and born-again people have tasted Heaven, wouldn't you be excited if that happened to you?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Our war isn't against Islam, or movements to spread theocracy. That would be especially hypocritical, given our administrations attempts to introduce aspects of theocracy in the US.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

We war against aspects of the Koran, such as that the world should become a Global Islamic Theocracy.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member