Does anyone else dream of skating?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by draqon, Apr 15, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

It seems rather that I dream of skating rather frequently. I have been skating since age six and back in Russia it was such a relieving and meditating feeling.
    There was a huge man-made ice field and I used to come at 9pm to practice skating. The temperature outside was -20C and the snow fell almost every day. So I skated through the falling snow very fast, imagining that I was flying through stars. After a minute I felt like I was floating through space, but I knew the boundaries so I turned and turned around. The other kids all felt and I was alone waiting for my grandmother to come pick me up. She came at 11-12pm and I was happy because during that time I had released all my tensions and thoughts to skating. I was alone and there was music all around me as the speakers were turned on by the manager. I listened to the music and thought of my mother who I have not seen four years. Wondering when I will get to see her, I skated faster and faster not to feel the pain inside me of being alone without her and my dad anymore. I tried to remember her face but the features faded away and all I could remember was a smile and silent eyes. So now I dream of those days when I could escape into imagination and loose the reality.
    And now I dream of skating because it is so majestic to me. The closest thing that comes to the feeling of floating in space as skating, is diving. I dream of river water plants and me swimming into the depths of the river. It is just as majestic as skating.
    Anyone else dream of this and have the same majestic feeling of peace?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

When Brian Boitano travelled through time
    To the year 3010,
    He fought the evil robot kings
    And saved the human race again!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

really?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

I use to be a fantasic skater as a kid and teenager, but it was rollerskating and not ice skating. I had two uncle who were profession figure rollerskaters and they had me on wheels when I was three. I always wanted to ice skate but every time I tried I fell flat on my butt. I could rollerskate like an angel, but I couldn't even stand up on blades. It fustrated me so much. I envy people who can ice skate. I love watching figure skating on tv. I took my daughter for a girl's night out when she was 4 to see the world cup championship ice skaters perform. We had such a wonderful time. That was 13 years ago and we still have fond memories of it. When I watch it I think that there has never been a more beautiful and graceful sport. It brings tears to my eyes.

8. draqon Banned Banned

yeah, I know what you mean. It is a really graceful sport.

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Clearly you are a homosexual.

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I totally agree. Skating is one of those things where you can effortlessly control momentum while going any direction you want to go. You can turn the direction of your feet, and watch everything zoom away from you as you go backwards or sideways.

The only exceptions to this is if you're not skating on level ground (steep hills), skating around unpredictable traffic, or skating around patches of gravel........but rink skaters don't have these kinds of problems.

I've had a ton of dreams about skating. They remind me of flying dreams.