Little jihad, big jihad: Canberran Conundrum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeoffP, Apr 15, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Remember, remember..." used to be the old chant, but no one seems to actually remember.

Here's an interesting tidbit that I know will strike the familiar chord in the familiar places:

How odd.

Someone is speaking out against him, however.

So, from the end, one might be able to conclude a little hope. Yet: "imam of Canberra's only mosque". Hmm. Not good. And the "wrong Islamic messages" obliquely supports my little contention that those messages are indeed islamic, of a particular brand. Uniform? No; but of wide dissemination. The reformers have a long, long way to go.

Questions? Comments?

...Insults?

Geoff

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Support our troops.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Sam's going to enlist in the U.S. Marines, better do a background check.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Rather, that seems to be the problem.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I say good!

The guy is a simple minded dimwit parroting the same old ME tripe they've been peddling for the last 1400 years. There is nothing new and nothing novel.

The more people like he get the spot light the more these pathetic beliefs can be shammed and the more likely the next generation of Aussie Muslims will feel bad about this asinine facet of their beleif and, perhaps, do something themselves, to address it.

I can not tell you how many anti-semitic Muslims I've met here. I'd say 80%. Maybe I mentioned this once before, but one of the Ss in in the lab was trying to show his tolerance and he said: "You know, I think everyone who is good will go to Heaven, even the Jews."

"...even the Jews." :bugeye:

Well I suppose it's a start.

I told him I was Atheist and God could go f*ck himself

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think he was shocked a little....
    Michael

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Q: if by some political decision all the Israelis moved to another place, say the US, would the Palestinians still want to kill them?

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Only, say, in the final analysis. Like if islam became the world religion. And only then if they wanted equality or something equally silly, like respect as humans. If Jews just stay in their sharia-mandate second- or third-class citizen status, I'm sure all would be "well".

For some people, anyway. Human rights and equality. Pfft. Who needs em?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

And Palestinians are not fighting a religious war, they are quite literally, fighting for their lives.
    Human rights, equality? Like the apartheid wall, the demonisation of the Palestinians, the revisionist history of the Israelis to make themselves victims in a war perpetuated by them, the ethnic cleansing of the inhabitants, human rights is a joke that does not apply to Muslims.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And no its not odd that he skipped the message in the English translation, since he knows very well that jihad is a term understood differently by Muslims and the "peace-loving" West (who are "spreading the peace in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine" among other places).

This is amply proven by your diatribe here after the priest himself said he was addressing the mujahideen of the world.

Its like saying support the troops means supporting troops who rape and shoot children in Iraq.

14. Roman Banned Banned

You ever read the Torah?
    Around 580 BC all the Jewish elite were exiled to the Euphrates where the Babylonians could keep an eye on them. 40 years later, when the first Persian empire swept through, they were allowed to return. Of course, not all the Jews returned to the Holy Land immediately, as they had a pretty good life there, what with an irrigated crop system and all.

Do you know when the last Jew left? 1950, with the rise of Arab nationalism.
    It appears that regardless of where a Jew is, the Muslims still want to kill them.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should read some history as well. The last Jew left in 1950, when Israel declared Independence in 1948?

16. Roman Banned Banned

So Israel's independence justifies the treatment of Jews at Iraqi hands?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

18. Roman Banned Banned

You have a link that isn't so blatantly racist?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

20. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Ameen.

21. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

lol

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Did you mean Amin rather than Ameen?

23. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

You what? Amen?