Education key to Religious War?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kwhilborn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kwhilborn Banned Banned

The Middle East and particularly countries where women are forbidden to study continues to express their faith, by making enemies with the Gods
    or lack of in foreign lands.

As these countries move through their own industrial revolutions (something they have not had to do because of their OIL RICH lands), they will eventually learn that their religion is not hateful.

It is particularly important to educate the women, as they are the mothers of the nation, and they can teach only what they know.

It is time for religion to integrate, and move into the 21st century. I myself am religious to a mass-consciousness type god, and that is more than one can attain, if they are not educated that there are options and levels of belief.

My mother recently sold a prohibited muslim fabric to a muslim woman who said,"What Allah doesn't know."

So there is hope.

Let's bomb them with books(FIGURATIVE). Books on learning to read at first, and then we'll get them here on sci-forum. lol

Educating religious fanatics will make them question their faith, and they will either discover the true nature of their religions (not taliban views of it), or simply become atheists. They may also (secretly for now) develope a taste for another religion.

Hmmm, any thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

what's that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm all for education and not just Muslims. I'd like to see some serious education occur in the USA and AU.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

The uneducated rely on religion to drag them through life. The educated walk on their own.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That apply for everybody, Genji, or just the groups you designate?

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Everybody of course. Religion stops a thinking mind. You think I'm a theist?

10. radicand Registered Senior Member

You know this is a brilliant post. If anyone disputes it, they fall into yours hands. The key is how to dispute it without tumbling into your hands.

I will say that personally, I am educated and believe in God. And, no my degreed education did not come from a religious school.

I would venture to say that there are more people here that are educated and believe than you might think.

But I also say that education is more than a piece of paper. Many self-claimed educated people on this forum have proven that daily. Take that how you want to take it.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

While all for "education" I do not think that religion (even the belief in it -something more rare

) prevents a nation form advancing in most ways "advance" can be interpreted.

More fundamental than following a Moslem creed as a cause for the trouble in Iraq and many moslem countries is the lack of any concept of a "nation" in the masses. This is because the norm is to marry a second cousin and this produces great extended tribes / clans.

The people's first loyality is to their clan (Tribe). Then their second loyality is to their version of the Moslem faith. - They do not care "dittly squat" about the "nations" Lawrence of Arabia and the British Foreign Office created.

The ignorance and arrogance of the current administration about this basic fact is why you will never make a "democratic nation" (or a "communistic one" for that mater) out of a tribal society, like Iraq. The tribal loyalty is why not one of the hundreds of his clan’s men, who knew where Saddam was hiding, turned him in. (At any one time, probably only a dozen or so knew exactly where he was.) Failure to understand the basic nature of the tribal society is at the root of GWB's tragic mistake - his father knew better. - He stopped before Baghdad, but he is not the easily manipulated idiot his son is.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  12. iam Banned Banned

The problem isn't getting an "ejumecation." The problem is honest intellectual inquiry. For believers, anything which detracts from their already established beliefs has a hard time being so-called "integrated" as religionists like to do.

Also, religion is inherently politically aimed and prejudicial. Ask yourself why christians feel compelled to make everyone believe thier 'faith' or heinously monopolize the concept of morality within just thier religion thereby falsely demonizing everyone outside their own powerbase or clique when morality can be exercised by anyone.

You may need to sit down on this one as I burst your naked christian bubble you assumed no one can see: Shhh...even worse "christianity" has inherently white supremacist, racist undertones. "Christianity" is primarily a white religion. That's why you have twisted assholes who are racist against jews, yet worship the figment of their imagination whitebread "jesus christ" who was a jew(huh?) by rationalizing some fake distinction between the prophet and godhead dichotomy between christians and jews. Fuk you, you deceptive idiot.

When they stop, they won't be as criticized.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  13. Darkseid The Destroyer Registered Senior Member

No one is able to understand what they need to understand.

The use of religion is to tie society in promoting a single aspect. A long time ago it was simply use to reform the world into a better place. Which would then lead into the understanding of sciences and other such things. Technically science is the child of religion. Because without religion there would be no science. That was how it was like in the Arab world. I truly agree with this as absolute truth that without Islam the Arab world would have remained as primitive as it was before Muhammad. However, the rise of science was simple the evolution of the mind to grasp new concepts. The problem is the human mind has two parts and only one of these parts can grasp scientific principals. You need to balance your mind like you need to not cross your eyes in order to see things or reality clearly. You can't very well with eyes crossed or closed, right? Scientific understanding is just one eye in your mind. Now please don't argue with me on that subject. You do concure that there is a right and left side of your brain right? And one side is primarily logical while the other works artistically or sympathetically. Well regardless of what we believe we need to think with both parts of our brain. Do not isolate your mind from using both ways of thinking or you will not be complete in your understanding of any matter. You will remain as though you were only half as perceptive as you would like to be. So don't think with just one way. Use both as both nature and god or whatever you believe intended on you using. Why else would you have two ways of thinking if it was not to combine and perceive with both of them? Am I making any sense?

My point incase you have manage to read and comprehend everything I have just said is that you need to think in two ways at the same time in order to be whole with yourself in how you should think.

14. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

I got a decent education, I graduated from high school with like a 78 adverage and it would have been higher except for like a couple of courses that I had got just over 50 in because they were total bull and I would not let it enter my brain, most everything I learned after high school I learned on the job or just doing and reading about it myself. I only like learning science mainly, geology, chemistry, electronics, mechanical stuff etc...but I also spent some time with psychology, music, horticulture and the bible, I like a lot of what is in the bible but some of it is just non-sence or useless to spend time reading, Sirach is really good, Genisis and Daniel I just try to learn an overview of it all from the beginning through Abraham, Noah, Moses, Solomon, David right on through to jesus the old testament is huge though and would be impossible to fully understand everything, I find the things I learned about people and human nature the way things are and what is wrong with our world amazing and never have I learned anything close to what I learned from the bible anywhere else, people can be educated to believe anything but in the bible I find I can see the limits of what human beings are capable of, not supernatural but knowledge, fact, science and truth.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's a grave mistake to characterize all Middle Eastern nations as inhabited by uneducated religious fanatics. Certianly Afghanstan still has a long way to go, but Iranians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians, Egyptians, Lebanese, Kuwaitis, and others are generally educated and intelligent people, who's nations have gone well past the industrial revolution. In Iraq, the markets are full of books.

You would also find that minor infractions to rigid religious law are actually more common than you might think, as is appropriate for a pragmatic culture.

16. iam Banned Banned

Dummies, here it is in a nutshell.

All religion is manmade. It is basically questions disguised as suppositions and conception. For instance, buddhism is a philosophy and is transparent and honest in the quest for truth, knowledge etc at the same time humble enough to admit "i don't know everything." The negative, dangerous and deceitful aspect of religion is that it is the antithesis of reason and honest intellectual inquiry. This also has a tendency to breed ignorance, fear and corruption. And the most dangerous of all to progression or a society, devolving dishonest, twisted, deceptive, assuming, illogical, fear-driven thought processes masked by innocence. It feigns humility but is the ultimate in arrogance by subvertedly using doubletalk, false rationalizations and clever storytelling for the agenda of equating oneself on the level of a god through association, though they will not admit this, it is the real dynamic that is taking place. This is further hypocritically concealed by words such as "faith" and the usual judgement they hold for anyone or anything outside their ideology citing their own religion(ideology) as supreme or right. Even compounded by this, they advertise their god and religion in the most moral light for the purpose of recruitment when in fact the bible reveals their god is base, prejudicial, power-hungry, hypocritically amoral, sexist, then finally scapegoating(jesus christ, the sacrifice) for all sins. Again, their justification is always dressed in some form of sheeps clothing by esteeming the sacrifice, they are guiltless. If one is intelligent enough to pay attention to this string of phenomenon, the bible is just literally a snapshot of the level of enlightenment of the times and the biased viewpoints the culture and people it was written by. Similar to a diary. That is why it should not be studied or taken as a literature of authority.

In the past, it was useful for tribal loyalty and cohesion or the beginning of cooperation leading to a civilization. But now as we have progressed, religion is paradoxically more a detriment.

It doesn't take much honest assessment to discredit christianity or fundamental religion because for one, there is nothing fundamental about it, it is prejudicial tribal law for it's own identity, anyone else is to be assimilated or annhilated.

Secondly, christians themselves know least the origins of their own religion not because they are naive but because they don't want to know. Christianity is nothing more than a copy of much older ancient and pagan myths. Look up Osiris for example. It was rewritten and used later for political gain.

17. Darkseid The Destroyer Registered Senior Member

You've got it wrong. Society isn't using athiesm or polytheism as its enemies. There are corrupt people that feeding off of the intolerance of these muslims and use it to their advantage in asserting power or wealth from them. That's the real problem.

All YOU need to do is understand how these people think, don't be against them for why they think that way, and get them to understand the way you think, who you are, why should be treated equally, and how they are being set up by greedy anti-christ figures to continue to live in the hell hole that they live in.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No - the problem is the intolerance, period. No intolerance, no problem. It's harder to believe that every single islamic country is its own particular example of corrupt tin-pot dictators running the show. The underlying philosophy of sharia and dhimmitude is what's flawed.

Islam - or its political expression - had 1400 years to "get to understand" their non-muslim citizens and never did - not because of their rulers, but because that's the way the system was designed from the get-go: to put continual, unrelenting pressure on the non-muslim population to convert or otherwise "go away" while milking them for their wealth. How could a reasonable person not be upset by what political islam thinks? How can there be equal treatment, when there has never been equal treatment; when individual (and religious) equality contavenes the very spirit of the system? "Take them not as friends", says the Quran, and even in the most liberal interpretation of "friends" as "guardians", it only reinforces the mindset of the whole: "protection", not enshrined equality, of difference. What understanding can come from this, short of wholesale reformation of political islam or islam itself?

19. iam Banned Banned

Notice he calls them "anti-christ" figures while he was plugging some vague form of nonreligious 'force' on another thread on top of supporting christian orthodoxy who believe jesus christ is a godhead and the only way to salvation. Interesting

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yeah what's with the anti-christ thing?

21. radicand Registered Senior Member

If this is an example of being "open-minded", I will risk being called close-minded.

22. Darkseid The Destroyer Registered Senior Member

Whatever you say, Anne Coulter.

23. iam Banned Banned

heh, being openminded toward prejudicial, close-minded, intolerant philosphies is an oxymoron. It's like giving the a-okay to a despot.