Nancy Pelosi - Dumb Move?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NDS, Apr 12, 2007.

?

Was Nancy Pelosi's Assad meeting a plus or negative for US security?

1. Plus

44.4%
  2. Negative

55.6%
  1. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Was Nancy Pelosi's "congressional delegation" meeting with Syrian President Bashar Assad a plus or a negative for US security?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

She opened a door to a country we must have dialogue with in a volatile strategic region. Not all countries line up behind Washington & Jerusalem. She made Little George and his pimp Dick look like dumbshits.
    I'm no Pelosi fan but if she pisses of this White House I applaud her. America is as well. Recent articles state US opinion of Congress is higher than it's been since 1998.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

it is not her job to do so.... she has over stepped her athourity...

and her visit is meaningless...

in fact, its probubly a ruse to promote the idea that the american two party system... is actually two parties.

to promote the idea.. of internal political conflict between the dems and the reps.....

i dont buy it.

her visit, is meaningless.. and useful only as bullshit pr.

-MT

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

She's already accomplished dialogue with Syria. Another country the US is terrified of and repeatedly threatens. Got us nowhere didn't it? Her visit was meaningless to you. Whoever that is. It also isn't the job of the vice president and the Israel Lobby to steer foreign policy either. Good Show Nancy! You got em on the defensive again and the American people support you! Check out Congress approval ratings and Little George's.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

YES.... exactly.... like i said.... it was PR.

-mt

9. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

MT,

Aren't you the same guy who proposed to be king of the world with some crackpot theory about reworking the world's economy and demanded that the United Nations acquiesce to your pet project?

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

*This cartoon is intellectual property of the AAEC and may be found here*

10. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Maybe they are just playing the old routine of "good cop, bad cop"?

11. Fungezoid Banned Banned

Polissi, i don't carte how I spell her name, is a fool. A endangering fool.

12. Fungezoid Banned Banned

She's a threat to national security. She should be detained.

13. Fungezoid Banned Banned

She is a fool. If she's not careful, she will spark a war.

14. Fungezoid Banned Banned

Blooga......... :bugeye:

15. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes, let the President of the United State start regional wars...that is of course his Job.

I think that Pelosi is a strong woman with clear thinking of wrong and right. She denounced the president of the united states as dangerous and foolish. Of course this is how most of the country sees the president as well as his own party.

The US foreign Policy has been the scourge of the UN for some time. Maybe Pelosi will put an end to that perception by rival nations.

I say...excellent work.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I doubt she affected our security one way or another. Dialogue with Syria isn't a bad thing, which is why not only were there Republicans with her on her trip, the Republicans sent delegates to Syria not one week before. That the Republicans would then complain about her reveals just how hypocritical they are.

The tone of the complaints — particularly Vice President Dick Cheney’s public characterization of her visit as “bad behavior” — contrasts sharply with the administration’s silence about a similar trip to Damascus a week ago by Republican lawmakers, Representatives Frank R. Wolf of Virginia, Joe Pitts of Pennsylvania and Robert B. Aderholt of Alabama.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Establishing dialog with Muslim countries is a good way to show them that we are not all "the great Satan" over here. The only Satan is the one in the White House.

I used to argue with people who said we should impeach both Bush and Cheney, because I didn't think they had thought through the consquences of having Pelosi become President. But I think she would do all right. She would probably start bringing troops home immediately and there is absolutely nothing that would improve our security faster than that.

Christian troops on Muslim soil? The spectre of the Crusades? How many hundreds of millions of Muslims from Nigeria to Indonesia are sending money to terrorist organizations because of that one no-brainer atrocity? Bring those guys home immediately and support for Islamic terrorism will evaporate.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did you know there's an Airforce squadron called the Crusaders? Their patch has a cross on it and three stars for the Trinity.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

We've been in dialog with Muslim nations since the beginning of the USA and what has it gotten us?

Muslims seem to know and respect only one thing:

"Revenge is mine, sayeth the Muslims of the world."

Baron Max

20. Darkseid The Destroyer Registered Senior Member

If Bush and Cheney are impeached then she would be our next president for the remainder of Bush's term. That's what they are afraid of and why they are attacking her. It is all because she is a threat to them in staying in power. If people realize that she can do their jobs better than they, Bush and Cheney know they'll be out of a job, and Pelosi will just step in and be our next president.

YOU need to spread the word. Help it be known that Pelosi should take over matters made by Bush and his laid-back vice presidential dickhead.

Do you need to say that? Do you really know muslims that well? Why am I speaking to you about this, when you only think for yourself like a fool? Grow up and know that christians, jews, athiests, buddhists, satanists, and all the rest of humanity are as dumb and rotten as the muslims.

We are the same or maybe you didn't catch that part while reading on the Crusades and the persecution of Jews throughout Europe? We are the same.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are attacking her for being a powerful Democrat. That's all it takes.

22. Darkseid The Destroyer Registered Senior Member

Oh really?

You are saying it has nothing to do with her being the speaker of the house and thus in line for president right after Cheney?

You are aware that if Cheney and Bush are gone, she would be our next president?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Bush and Cheney are unlikely to leave prematurely. In any case, nothing they could say would change her place in line for the presidency.

They attack her like they attack all powerful or popular Democrats, that's what they do.