America - Doomed or Not?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Apr 10, 2007.

?

I am smart and have chosen

Poll closed Apr 25, 2007.
  1. it's doomed...

47.8%
  2. it's not doomed...

47.8%
  3. it's 1/2 & 1/2

4.3%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

There's been alot of show recently on SciForums dedicated to bashing America, but more importantly to emphasize it's doom. I'm going to explain a few reasons behind this, then I'll ask each of you to review everything you've read (up to this point) about American life. Can it be sustained or is this nation truly going to fall sometime in the near future?

1. America is outsourcing

It's often the common statement, America use to be a nation that would produce goods for itself & others, now we send all manner of work off-shores to appearantly cut costs. While this seems effective what it will eventually do is lower our ability to offer other nations anything of value, other than our own ignorant attitudes or beliefs (Christians specifically).

Ignoring my own personal opinions at the moment let's think of this, the more we outsource the less we are able to produce. We give other nations jobs that increase their wealth and available options, in essence we're helping to build another countries economy. Even more-so than this we're offering them a chance to put in-place a system of production... even without us they'll have resources we paid for to build and construct whatever it is we're paying them to make.

2. The nation as it currently operates holds and astonishing three-quarters of the worlds gross product for consumption when it has less than a fifth of the worlds population to support. To me this is simply another reason why America is doomed. There's no way this can continue given the limited nature of their operations, while they can function what about when they have even more people in 20 years? Then what? I think it just means more poor and better slaves for them in their homeland. Everyone likes a person that'll work for 8 dollars an hour doing insane things, fun ehh? Baron Max... jobs are pointless if you can't survive on them!

3. America is dependant on Oil

The entire world needs oil to operate, however if you really think about it there's no logical reason for this problem. It just so happens some stupid fools figured they'd develop technology primarily with oil.. when oil is umm, well I'm not sure what the hell it is?! Dino's that decayed? Plants? whatever...

Anywhoo oil is evil and serves no function other than to make us lazy. Actually by now we'd have a real economy + technology not dependant on oil if we'd been smarter, unfortunately we weren't. What do I think will happen in 20 years?... America will fall and so will every other nation, then it'll be the stoneage again with nothing because oil is all we had.

Please continue and make more comments on whether or not America is doomed, people can select now from the poll or wait until more posts are made about these things. Bring up other problems too with America, tell us why it's doomed..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andrew1234 Registered Senior Member

1) America is an imperialist nation

2) America is greedy

3) America will destroy this planet

4) America is racist

5_ America does not help others unless the help actually helps themselves more

6) America is a hypocrit

7) America hates terorism but breeds it's own

8) America will invade Canada when neccesary

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

How can America invade Canada? Canada is a part of America as is Brazil, the United States, and a whole host of other nations.

Anyway, the UNITED STATES isn't doomed. In fact, it is the 3rd coolest country in the world. #1 and 2 go to New Zealand and Finland in that order.

If you disagree, do some traveling then get back to me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

This is not going to be another America bashing thread. We have a few open at this moment with plenty of activity. Take it to one of them...

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'd love to move to Finland or New Zealand

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Just because it's "cooler," that doesn't mean it's not doomed. What if I took out a loan for $10,000,000 (unrealistic, yes) and live the high life for a year? I'll be the coolest little shit my friends know. At the end of the year, everyone will be screaming for their money back and I'll be the loser among losers in my circle of friends.

10. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

The United States owns enough land to cover its debts, especially with the mineral and timber wealth contained in that land.

If worst comes to worst, we will just start selling our country off to other countries to pay off our debts. We wouldn't even have to sell all of it, and they couldn't sell land already owned by citizens, like me.

It would also end the hatred of America when every other country owns a piece of our beautiful land. Hopefully many of these people will move here permanently, as we have tons of room and would love to become even more diverse.

So, don't worry about the United States. It looks like we are in debt, but our assets more than cover what we owe. No problems, mate.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

swivel, we have tons of room? Maybe you meant tons of room in places nobody can survive? Most people that are without homes live under bridges not in the wild.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The problem is that first, politicians would likely raise taxes to the maximum possible to pay off the debts. The effect would be that citizens would start moving out of the country left and right. In the end, the government would have no choice but to start selling some of the land.

California is the first state I want sold.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Absane, why California? If it's sold won't everbody just move inward? Also... how can they sell it with multinational corporations and business's operating, there's no way it would be legal to sell off the land which was being occupied by US citizens :shrug:

14. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

The days of watching presidential interviews coinciding with christianity and hearing the crack of baseball bats at the same time on TV entice me into thinking that americans are non-religiously nurtured with unreligious nature.

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

What's that all mean Zardozi?

16. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

there are spiritual people and there are religoius people.

17. andrew1234 Registered Senior Member

1) If America is like Canada in this way.... You do not own the land per se. The government can take it away from you anytime they want as long as they pay market price.

2) Does America want to become more diverse? mabey the citizens do but does the government? That would be quite hypocritical considering how they such imperialists

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Wow! You really don't know anything about oil, do you??? Or much of anything else, for that matter. (I'm not even going to bother with the rest but you've made it absolutely clear that you know nothing about economics.)

But I'll tackle this bit of foolishness of your's about oil. Besides uranium, oil has THE highest density of energy of any fuel available. It's also easy to transport and store. Contrary to your very stupid statements, we would have been very foolish NOT to have used it!!

(Incidentally, it was formed from ancient vegetation.)

And as to your basic premise in the thread, the US is most certainly not doomed. We didn't rise to world prominence be being foolish (unlike you!) and are certainly capable of adjusting as we move through the future.

I strongly suggest you go back to school, unless you are still there, because you certainly haven't learned enough about anything yet!

19. andrew1234 Registered Senior Member

Actually if you think about it, oil is what is destroying this planet and that does include biofuels like mashing up corn or sugar cane. Global warming will destroy not just America but the whole planet. Global warming is caused by oil. In 20 years, there will still be plenty of oil on this planet. Infact there is enough oil in the Alberta Oil sands to last Canada and the US 200 years which is the scarey part if you think about it. but hopefully some time soon the way oil is burned will be the fixer

20. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

If they are too lazy to work for a living, they are far too lazy to live off of the land. Feeding yourself off of the land takes more work than a full-time job and the luxury of a supermarket. I know this from experience.

We have tons of room that can support at least 5 times our current population. Perhaps 10 times. Most of our population is still along the two coasts. There is a very fertile, very large chunk of land between the Rockies and the Appalachians. I hope that this land is settled by people from all over the world, and in great numbers.

21. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Why?

22. iam Banned Banned

That's a western point of view. Just as a westerner would naturally love their own culture. there are many who would disagree. i thought tahiti was cooler, japan, caribbean etc.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Most people see America as being a Paradise. Many would like to share that Dream with the World. I am waiting to see if there is a balance to be reached in the near future where all things are considered. :shrug: