Does anyone understand people?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oniw17, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Nothing that anyone does makes any sense. It's fucking disgusting. People will lie to your face after you just watched them do something. ...but that's not the point. It seems like everyone who I regularly interact with is so inconsistent with what they're thinking that they're working towards the polar opposite of what they were trying to do yesterday. I fucking hate it. Nobody can make up their minds about what they're going to do. Everyone does the opposite of what they say; they always use the lame ass excuse that 'something came up' or some other bullshit, like they didn't already know it was going to happen that way in the first place. Are people really too stupid to plan for things to go wrong, or do they just enjoy lying to themselves to build up their egos? I mean... it really pisses me off. There's no way that people are as dumb as they act. Is there just something inside of them that wants to fuck up everything that they do? I don't even feel like giving specific examples of what I'm talking about. Things like girls going back to getting the shit beat out of them everyday over and over again, people coming out of prison(knowing they can't get a 'normal' job) and smoking crack again by day 3, grown men who get everything given to them by their family, and who don't have to work only because they can't read trying to kill themselves, crackheads beating the fuck out of old people(when they could just take the people's shit with very little effort), girls killing each other with box cutters over a pair of shoes(that actually happened in one of my old neighborhoods)....etc... It's not even that the things people do are all that bad, they just don't make any sense. It's like they're not working toward any specific goal...just to keep living and getting high. If you're doing whatever and you're actually going in one direction with your life, that makes sense. If you go to college for 8 years and then you end up selling pain pills outside of the Arab store, you're a fucking loser. Are people like this everywhere?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

EXT. HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL - CLASS OF 1995 REUNION (FLASHBACK)
    Larry stands alone. He watches everyone as they mingle. He’s tense, standing with his hands in his pocket.

David, a gray haired socialite, acknowledges Larry.

DAVID
    Afraid they’re going to bite?

LARRY
    Don’t they all?

David laughs.

LARRY (CONT’D)
    If you’ve talked to one of em’, you’ve talked to all of em’.

DAVID
    I know what you mean.
    (looking into the crowd)
    They've sacrificed their true essence to fit in. And, inadvertently, adopted a new one along the way. Am I right?

Larry’s silent.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    Oh, they fit in. But their new essence is just a mere cut-out from a poorly-fashioned rubric. Only good for communication with others who sold out themselves.

Larry looks at David with interested eyes.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    Their new selves are efficient taxpayers, debaters, politicians, and businessmen. But poor husbands, mothers, brothers, and friends.

Larry is silent.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    But every year, hundreds of thousands of kids across the nation begin their journey into assimilation at places just like this. I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

David glances toward Larry.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    I feel we’re on the same page.

Larry hesitantly nods.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    But guess why they, we, do it? Hell, you should know. To survive.

Larry looks at everyone else conversing.

DAVID (CONT’D)
    You’ll get used to it. It just takes practice.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

humans make perfect sense.... if...

you see them.. us... as beasts... wild viscious beasts.. who run in packs and form tribes... who devloped culture as ways to assemilate members into the group mentality.

these beasts... have only the most basic instinctive qualities, which if left unchecked and loose, allows for the individual to act, literally as a pschopath, thinking only for its self and immediate survival, and or needs and wants.

religion, culture, morals, ethics, politics, socialology, mythology, science, and all that man has ever built or made, is a derivative of this wild creatures basic instincts... all evolved over time to serve to benefit a culture, be it an individual, a family, a tribe, or a nation or a world.

coinciousness, and our desire to be something more than this beast, is the insanity of man, which is our greatest blessing, and our worst enemy, for with the insanity of a free mind, comes the insane results of free minds, who have been rasied and formed in demented and warped ways.

these variations.... are evident in the endless opinions different people have about everything...

and their willingness to argue endlessly for things which dont really matter.

humans... are beasts of the wild, gone crazy.

-MT

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is rather easy to understand people, if you keep 2 facts in mind:

1. Most of the time they act in their own interest.
    2. Most people are stupid.

Oh, they also lie, covering up either selfinterest or stupidity.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I think you answered your own question oniw17. People are just confused. A lot of the times, people are just following what gives them pleasure without the consideration of the future. A lot of people are just trying to get by. You don't know how life is to many of these people you disparage. Maybe their souls are just crushed beyond repair and they just don't give a shit whether or not they're going in the right direction. Maybe they have no clue what the right direction is.

Just take it as a lesson for yourself. "I'm not going to be like these people; I'm going to get somewhere and have goals." Maybe you can mentor one of these "losers" and perhaps make the world a better place. But you really don't know these people's circumstances. Everything in this world happens for a reason. There are reasons these people behave the way they do. Maybe if you got to know them, you'd understand those reasons and find a way to help them engineer a solution.

9. iam Banned Banned

Or get trampled trying. Its true some people are just lost, confused or naive but most people also do these things for one, just because they can get away with it. Two, they are selfish sociopaths.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i agree with the answers given already by posters.

we are human biengs wich are animals, we are confused because we dont know everything,

we live the mystery that is life ,the unexplained. we act on impulse and emotion we are not consistent or at ease with everything,

its not boring though thats a plus

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

11. nameless Registered Senior Member

What you are seeing and hearing is the egoic lame excuses for delusions of 'control' and 'power' and 'choices' and 'free-will', not seeming to actually work out that way.
    Life unfolds, as you are seeing, while you make plans for life to unfold. It (appears to) happen whether you plan or 'choose' or (feel that you) make 'decisions'...

Nothing you can possibly think can alter anything, you are creation, not creator, other than according to false ego and pride.
    This is why you will find people not doing what they say that they will, or your life not 'going' as you'd 'desire'. Our false egoic desires (pride/belief) have no power over anything but our delusions and unhappiness.

Truth doesn't have much value in a 'capitalist' society such as this. Things are more important to the herd.
    Egos must be supported as that is who we are and our unique perspective. 'Sick' egos, like those infected with the 'belief virus', must seek what 'balm' it can, and would support that 'belief' even unto killing and death. With no beliefs, the ego cannot become deluded and, eventually, blind. Everyone 'lies' to themselves, unless 'belief' free, healthy ego.

Perhaps this was more that you 'desired', but these fingers type what they must..
    Peace...