What If Iran Had Invaded Mexico?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Apr 6, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20070406105859591
    If Iran invaded Mexico and arrested Americans in Mexico on charges of "helping" Mexican militants, WWUD?

Comments?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Great. Another wall of text by postmistress Sam.

Could we get an abstract?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

see edit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So Iraq is Iran's to exploit, and Mexico is America's? Not sure what you're getting at here. Has Mexico recently tried to buy nuclear arms?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Read the question.

The U stands for USA.

Besides Iran could invade Mexico to liberate them from <insert plausible but false reason>

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Uh...you do know that America is kind of slang for the USA?

Well, first, they'd probably be better to liberate Baluchistan. Clean house, as it were.

But are the Mexicans trying to buy nuclear weapons in this scenario? Have they recently invaded some other Central American states? Is their leader a bitter, shrimpy religious extremist?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nobody cares about your scenario. You're supposed to answer mine.

11. orcot Valued Senior Member

Huh their... muslim they aren't allow to fight or think. Americans are yust restricted that they can't think

I think many of these things could be avoided if someone actually took the effort to think abouth it.

if someone would have told me that some americans would attack a country for gazy reasons and overtrown a dictator that to say onnestly did his mayor crimes half a decade before I would say that the ID is as crazy is this one

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But I'm trying to help your scenario.

I'm making it correct! You know, I think the nice thing to do would be to thank me, but noooooooo that's not on Sam's sheet for today. Well, fine. :bawl:

Look for the new thread "Sam is a big meanie and does mean things for no reason to misunderstood misanthropes". Oh yeah. It's coming.

13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

swap mexico for america and that statement is absolutely true

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, as much as I disapprove of Bush, I see him as a bit more stable than Saddam was. Maybe they tie in the dumb department, no idea.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

We'd be thankful that Iran dealt with the Mexican problem.

Seriously, those guys are really annoying, what with their illegal intrusion into our country by the millions.

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Hell - If Iran was stupid enough to invade Mexico, I say - let 'em have the place !
    Maybe they'd do something about closing the border and shutting down the meth labs.
    LoL

If not, well - there's the excuse we've wanted for years to carpet bomb the place.

17. Roman Banned Banned

And their cheap labor, attractive, nubile 14 year old daughters, and tasty food.

18. Roman Banned Banned

On topic-
    Actually, I don't really understand what point this article is trying to make.

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The point being made is Noam Chomsky is captivated by his own reflection.

He doesn't even have to turn on the lights.

20. chuuush Registered Senior Member

This is a good comparison... a very viable one for the objective non-biased thinker, though the reply is absoluetely clear, unless you are one of those who think you own the world and your country is the statue of correctness!

session closed

21. superstring01 Moderator

I think the point is to somehow, by act of creative juxtopostion, demostrate what horrible monsters the USA is populated with.

I'll take a stab-- if Iran invaded Mexico, we'd wantanly slaughter their pathetic and impotent little military. Besides the fact that Iran is ruled by bloodthirsty dictators, besides the fact that the USA isn't fueling an insurgency in Mexico (seeminly, quite the opposite, actually) and besides the fact that Mexico and the USA are close allies, IF Iran could find a justification for invading Mexico (say, if... OH, I don't know... Mexico was ruled by a lawless dictator who slaughtered his own people and was constantly handed down newer and more critical [and ironically-- totally pointless] UN resolutions to stop whatever evil behavior it had engaged in, I'm thinking that and Iranian invasion would be out of the point.

To even compare the two is preposterous unless you take the super-duper step a bit further and made Mexico quite a bit smaller and more populated, relocate it in the persian gulf, make the USA the size of an in the geographical position of Iraq. THEN, populate both of the countries by warring factions of cavepeople... and then took the extra big step of moving the "current" Iran and Iraq to North America and converted them both to peaceful democratic nations, one of which is a third world nation of struggling hispanics and the other the lone global superpower who is constantly bailing third world nations out of troubles that were created by pathetic European Colonialism... then you just MIGHT have a scenaro.

But, seeing as how your first scenario is totally inaccurate and inappropriate and the second one already, for all intents and purposes, exists-- there really is not point now is there.

~String

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm always amused at the spin one side or another feels compelled to take on the issue instead of being objective about it. Chuuush's dialogue is a prime example of non-objectivity: he immediately phrases the conclusion in terms of his own choosing, without an appreciation of the specifics.

23. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

I emailed your response to some friends. Brilliant.