That's how you make documentaries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...Warming Swindle

This is a documentary, I could only watch 7 minutes of it, because it was so blatantly stupid. Consider this:

The producer of the film and his past works, Martin Durkin

"In 1997, Channel 4 broadcast Durkin's Against Nature, a documentary series which criticized the environmental movement for being a threat to personal freedom and for crippling economic development. Against Nature was subsequently investigated by the Independent Television Commission of the UK, following a number of complaints from some of the interviewees featured in the program. The Commission eventually concluded that Durkin had misled his interviewees about the nature and purpose of the documentary, and that he had misrepresented and distorted their views by editing the interview footage in a misleading way. For these reasons, Channel 4 later issued a public apology on prime time TV. According to The Independent, Durkin "accepts the charge of misleading contributors, but describes the verdict of distortion as 'omplete tosh.'

"Professor Carl Wunsch (professor of physical oceanography at MIT), stated that he was 'completely misrepresented' by Durkin in his documentary. Currently considering making a formal complaint, Wunsch claims he was 'totally misled' as to the content of the program."

---------------------

What I found stupid in the "documentary" that they couldn't decide if they should say there is no global warming, or they should acknowledge it but say that it wasn't human made.

Too much insult to my intelligence...