Commies hate gays?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Athelwulf, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_China#Modern_China

You know what this means, guys! We shouldn't tolerate those pinko commie bastards that want to forbid our gays from working, marrying, raising kids, and living as productive members of our capitalist society like other people. Those totalitarian sons-o'-bitches!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Discuss.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Totalitarianism sucks. For everyone.

Except the people in power, but even they die / get couped eventually.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Everybody hates gays. Why wouldn't the Chinese?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

"The Pillow Book", a classic of Chinese literature, is filled with homoerotic poetry.

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Good point, I guess. It's just funny how everyone caricaturizes liberals as communists, when it's quite apparent that communists, or at the very least the Chinese communists, aren't particularly liberal.

Come on Genji! Support the capitalist society that allows you to love all the men you want! Get rid of those dirty commies that refuse to see that marriage is love first and foremost!

It's funny that you mention old Chinese literature. Wikipedia has this to say:

But that aside, are you talking about this book, by Sei Shōnagon, written during the turn of the second millennium CE, in Heian Japan?

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

True. Communism is not Liberalism. The 2 aren't even close. Liberalism thrives inside capitalist parties, believing in the status quo but with pretty bows here and there to cover up their hypocrisy. Communism is opposed to the capitalist state.

10. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Is this to say that liberalism is thriving in the Republican party?

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

Yes, to a lesser degree of course. You have Republicans like Giuliani and moderates that champion, if quietly, social causes.

12. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

But I hardly consider that a sign that liberalism is "thriving". Even if you add the "to a lesser degree" qualifier.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Oh come on. I'm sure there are some conservatives that are more than happy to come out as thoroughly against such communistic control of gay people's lives! Say "No!" to Big Brother and stand up for the life style of capitalism, proud capitalists!

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

*crickets*
    its because it clashes with the right's view of communism being equated with liberalism.

you wont hear a peep when they are proven wrong.

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Athelwulf:

I was thinking of another homoerotic poetry book which I cannot recall the title to. But thanks for correcting me on "The Pillow Book".

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

True, but take heart. Even in Indiana, a house commitee recently voted down a gay marrage ban. The reason was that it went too far and banned even "civil unions".

It's amazing how far you've moved the ball down the field. While most people oppose "gay marrage" when you call it that, most support "civil unions". Who'd have thought that would ever happen?

Clearly the winning strategy is to stop pushing for gay marrage and take the civil unions and run with them. Over time, the differences between the two will be reduced to nothing.

17. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

As my thread has proven so far, it seems.

Sounds like the one measure in Arizona this last election season that would've not only banned civil unions for homosexual couples, but also those for heterosexual couples, or something like that.

Some people only think things through superficially. It's pretty unfortunate.

I haven't given much thought to that, but I suppose I can count that as one reason having civil unions for gay couples is a good thing. I just gotta figure out how to reconcile that with the reasons I see for thinking it's simply not good enough, I guess.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

1. Show that the [ENC]Chinese[/ENC] are [ENC]communist[/ENC]s.
    2. Show that all [ENC]Chinese [/ENC]are [ENC]communist[/ENC]s.
    3. Define [ENC]gay[/ENC].
    4. Show that all [ENC]Chinese [/ENC]hate [ENC]gay[/ENC]s.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Capitalists don't like gays either!

Conservatives don't like gays; Commies don't like gays; Muslims don't like gays; Christians don't like gays; ...; Hell, only gays like gays!

Baron Max

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, it could probably be said that the tenets of the communist party are against homosexuality. I think this was true of Soviet communism also. But it doesn't mean that individual communists need to be, or that communism has to be. Both the Soviet and Chinese systems strike me as corrupt examples of fascism, not real communism.

21. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

Edit: Started a separate thread on homosexuality. Y'all might like it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  22. Genji Registered Senior Member

:yawn: Neverending breeder obsession with gays. Gay Men I note too. Aren't you tired of it yet or can't you get mansex out of your head???

23. draqon Banned Banned

China is communist country? It doesn't act so