"Why Black People have Remained Backward"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Prince_James, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Indeed this was interesting and it also fit an observation I made just a few weeks ago.

Here in the UK we have a yearly charity event (comic relief) for both the UK and Africa and whist watching this I thought why is there such a lack of African involvement in helping Africa? There is Blackman who fronts the program but even he is of Jamaican heritage.

I know that there are not many high profile Africans but very few Africans seem to work towards helping their own people. You also seem to only ever see white people doing the grass roots fund-raising events. We have a huge African population in the UK so where are they when it comes to helping their own people?

It would be interesting to see the demographics of donations to African charity's.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

They have that in common then with American republicans; unwilling to pay taxes to support their society.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

8. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

When was the last time you helped "your own" people? Why should any people help a bunch of complete strangers in any country? What? Just because they look similar?

Now, if these people have family in Africa I'm sure they do send money to their families like everyone else.

9. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Could it be that there still exist large tribal tensions in Africa, fueled by hundereds of years of colonial oppression? White Europeans who arbitrarily drew lines in the desserts to divide up the resources?

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

No what is more likely is that the colour of their skin is preventing them from thinking properly.

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

BenTheMan:

Tribial pressures existed before "colonial oppression".

12. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Many billions £/$ are donated by people to others of another race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.