More AI Stuff

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by kmguru, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmguru Staff Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupidity

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Cheers!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ImaHamster2 Registered Senior Member

Kmguru, missed your post. Yep, the hamster is interested. Thanks. Did you catch the Brooks webcast? (Not a big fan of video. Like text better. Didn’t see transcripts of prior presentations.)

8. kmguru Staff Member

Yes, I watched the show. Just because it is MIT does not mean, it is from the Techno-God's mouth to us mere mortals...they have a looong way to go, but the spin on the TV was as if it is like next year...oh...the power of spin...

Being inside the commercial technology world, always take the information that comes from TV, magazines and newspaper with a grain of salt.

Several years ago, I read an article about how this company is using advanced computer technology to improve their profitability. The article came out in one of the trade magazines (not for sale to general public). I was very impressed. Then six months later I had to go to that company to recover the very same failed project! Talk about let down....

But there is always hope....

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

KMguru,
    hi,i missed sciforums and you especially.

I"ll check everything out and let you know.

bye!

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

I didnt get some things KM that you need to clarify here.
    that is adding Multicelluarity will be limited,isnt it?
    then how will the actual reproduction of AI beings take place.
    secondly,the first website which i have looked into,compares genome to Program being stored.dont you think there's a flaw in this?what i mean is that Genome generally refers to physical description of the organism,how will the program affect the physicality of a Android being.
    i think Genome is a physical analogous term that he has reffered to here,isnt it?like what he says is,that we can compare analogously processors and programs in each one to a single cells.

please clarfy.

bye!

11. kmguru Staff Member

Hi zion, welcome back. We missed you too.

Well, the papers are interesting but not necessarily correct. The AI progress may go this way.

The first one will be a MPP machine conneted to the internet that has a seed program running. Once the system becomes aware, then it will write a better seed program for a new and more powerfull MPP. It will take 2 to 3 generations to get to a point where the AI's can create ever more complex, higher order systems. In the meantime the hardware will progress to a new level. Then the replication is possible.

12. kmguru Staff Member

Oh, if you do simulation of multicellular organism in computers like a SETI program, the idea is that one of these days, they will evolve to be intelligent digital beings (The time runs faster in the digital world). Now what happens if these beings decide, we are their enemy? This will be worse than creating human clones (a la 6days).

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Thinking of a matrix of CPU cycles *points up at sky, notibly towards some mysterious orbiting satellite that no-one admits too*

The world is shrouded by those orbiting rust buckets, but they have the potential to cycle data continuously from transponder to transponder across a global sized network.

The original problem with computation was the need for SPACE, and temperature control. A bunch of satellites in space means you can plug in a new transponder module, take up as much space as you want an interact at any uplink location.

There is also the possibility that housing such a networked system up in the sky, could mean the possibility of quantum telemetry, of using accelerated signals to project future information in a parallel processed mass collective.

I still wonder if corncircles are a by-product (And possible pointer) of a sentient life force free-floating arount our satellite networks, thats only got that way as it manage to quantum jump it's way back the first satellites being launched.

14. kmguru Staff Member

Did anybody read "3001 The Final Odyssey" by Arthur C. Clarke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.