US Univerisities: Leftist Indoctrination Factories

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 20, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Madanthonywayne:

I am not so sure that the bias is as pronounced as is exclaimed here.

That is to say, whereas I do not deny the obvious preponderance of Liberal or Leftist viewpoints (often extreme) in universities across the States and in Europe, I do believe that a student with balls will not be brow-beaten into conceding beliefs or shutting up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Is this part of this anti-intellectualism I've been seeing here and there?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

all is a discussion.

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Athelwulf:

If you turn the mirror around, maybe.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's because they consist out of highly educated people (who can spell nonsense).

10. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Sean Hannity is now a source for determining bias?

To such great depths we have sunk...

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Lord Hillyer:

Sean Hannity does not hide the fact that he is Right-wing. The entire purpose of Hannity and Colmes, after all, is to have Right-wing/Left-Wing debate.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I've heard that they teach evolution at some American universities. That left wing communist indoctrination has to stop.

In other words: what is the function of universities?

a. to be politically correct and give as much room for right wing views as left wings ones?

b. train students to become scientists (and those professions that can't be labeled scientists but still somehow have a place at universities).

13. Roman Banned Banned

Haha, good one. That's like deciding to play on a see-saw, except one person sits on the right, and the other sits a little center from right.

14. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

The problem with universities is they teach you to think for yourself. Something the right hates. Oh, and universities are filled with smart people, something else the right might be threatened by.

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Spuriousmonkey:

Conservativism != Creationism.

Your strawman needs to be set on fire.

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

w1z4rd:

What the Hell? Liberals are the one that wants us to subjugate everyone to the State. The entire notion of the Left is to increase the size of the state, even unto the point of out right Communism.

Considering "political correction" is the ultimate expression of subjugation of free thought, the Left cannot claim to be anything at all related to free speech.

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Roman:

Colmes is pretty Liberal. He touts the Democratic line. But if you'd really want opposition, it would be "Coulter and Nader".

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Do you mean to say that this is a strawman?
    I'm glad to see that you show some self-initiative and translated my example into a random thought, but I thought it might be clear from the words: in other words, that I had something specific in mind.

Which you ignored of course. Why reply to something you can't reply to.

19. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Thats where I disagree with you. First understand my perspective on the word liberal:

as per wiki
    That is the only understanding in which I perceive the word, "liberal". From my perspective it comes across as the opposite of communism. I even bolded the part for you that makes me believe this.

I know there are other old meanings to the word that my lack of knowledge on older American politics shows.

By the above definition of liberal. I am a liberal.

20. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Universities are bastions of conformity. At liberal universities the pressure is to be liberal. At conservative universities the pressure is to be conservative. And at drinking/party universities (not mutually-exclusive with the others) the pressure is to drink/party. Humans like to mold their environment, even (especially?) when their environment includes other humans.

BTW we should put Hannity's hot air to good use, like helping create a warm atmosphere on Neptune.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

hmmm...actually you are right.

22. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

We need a google university

23. draqon Banned Banned

that will be University of Michigan...were Gary, the founder of google came from