Turkish response to armenian claims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by azizbey, Mar 15, 2007.

1. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hi Aziz,

I followed you over here from the History thread. Would you like to continue the debate here? Here's what I posted there:

First, I said that the vast majority of the site was uncited. That means there is no documentation for it.

Second, I had this to say:

Here's another interesting one: there's a listing of Turks supposedly killed by Armenians (which then presumably provides the excuse for the Genocide, I guess) and identified by one: "Prof. Dr. Metin ÖZBEK, Anthropologist". He lists a series of wound marks and the like on the skeletons of the victims. He does not, I note, provide any photographic evidence whatsoever.

All "Dr Osbek's" points are based on cranial skull morphology. Now, it was my understanding that cranial morphology had essentially been demolished by Gould. So, in the first case, his identification of the victims is sketchy at best.

In the second case, he has no evidence that Armenians of any kind were involved with the crime - are Turks incapable of killing other Turks? does not the fact that the region is Turkish suggest, rather, that it was other Turks who were responsible, if that is the game "Dr. Ozbek" wishes to play? - but he has no hesitation whatsoever to point his finger at them. There is no end to the kind of specious impressions this individual lays out; yet there they are, for all to see. What is one forced to conclude from this? My impression is that the Turkish charges are spurious and contrived.

Most of this is summed up in the bizarre conclusion:

The final bit is used in a sweeping rant and damnation of the Armenians - and yet, even were they involved (and there is not a shred of evidence any were), what possible difference would a single event make to the outcome of the entire case, which is of a genocide against Armenians?

Clearly, the only thing that needs being rewritten is the Turkish perspective on their religious minorities, probably starting with...well, you. I hope you can throw off your preconceptions.

Geoff

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

the site is supported with historic documents
    of course belive in what you want
    also, i see my threads were cancelled by someone, i guess they are afraid to read the facts
    see ya my f(r)iend

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

good to see you Geoffp
    my previous 3 threads, with the same title and content, cancelled by someone.
    i believe somebody doesnt want to read the other side of the view.
    i though that this "sciforums' open to any idea, whether you like it or not
    anyway here is the question
    would you support armenians to open their nat'l archieves before international committee, so both sides can discuss claims?for some reasons Armenians are refusing this offer

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Which supportive documents? Where? Why am I called a "fiend" because I don't believe in your unsupported propaganda?

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Aziz, you are spamming the boards and you have yet to answer any one of my arguments, above. Why do you not do so? If your version of events is correct, then it should stand up to my very modest scrutiny.

Aziz, you haven't even proved that they have refused anything of anyone. Until you do I as request, there is nothing much to debate: and the official version of history stands.

Geoff

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Aziz, if you want anyone at all to pay attention to you besides the moderators you're going to have to come up with something that was not published by Turks or Armenians. We know what the Turks want us to believe and we know what the Armenians want us to believe, and it's pretty easy for both sides to present pages and pages of "evidence" that supports their position.

What we need is some coverage of these events from more impartial sources. And I don't mean works of European writers selected by Turks or Armenians.

Do you think the issue of the Jewish Holocaust would be so unanimously settled, if the only things the people of the world had ever gotten to read on the subject were what they were given by Germans and Jews? Our own soldiers liberated many Nazi death camps so we believe them.

Let someone else speak, please. You may be right but absolutely no one is going to believe you. Any more than we would believe an Armenian. You may think that the Armenians are somehow "winning" the argument because they have produced more propaganda, but in fact most Americans are skeptical on this issue and do not have strong opinions. We're not going to lose our skepticism just because now the Turks are screaming at us instead of the Armenians.

The records, sites, survivors, participants and artifacts of the German concentration camps were extensively examined and interviewed by people from many countries, and an international trial was held. From that we feel that we've got pretty reliable information.

Turkey has not gone through anything like that. Those who dissent from the government's position are persecuted by its government. You can't blame us--Americans who let our flag and our religions be ridiculed on television in the name of free speech--for being just a little doubtful of the strength of Turkey's position.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I intend to be objective about the debate, but there's any number of accounts by Brit and even American naval officers who saw some of the carnage going on. I believe it did occur; Hitler's famous quote shows that he knew quite well it happened.

12. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I also believe that the Armenian genocide happened, but the famous Hitler quote about nobody caring about the Armeanians so therefore nobody would care about the Jews turns out to be a bogus Hitler quote. There is no believable source for Hitler having said something like that.

Hitler would not have needed to say anything like that. The right of the strong and or the majoritys to kill the weak and or the minorities was demonstrated over and over again in so many places. For example, King Leopold of Belgium was responsible the deaths of three to thirty million people in the Congo a few decades before the Armenian genocide and almost nobody cared.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Really no source? I'll have to check that out.

14. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

i absolutely agree with what you say
    i know because of extensive armenian propagandam, nobody even care what turks are saying, let alone listening them in the first place
    thats why turkish gov't has offered armenian gov't to open nat'l archives before international committee of historians, so both side will bring all the documents and international historians expert on the subject should become witness, any Turkey will accept the outcome, whatever it is. however, armenian gov't has refused numerous times to go before international committee. if Armenia is relally right at their claims and propaganda, I say, they should have accepted the offer
    until they , unfortunately, we wont really kniow what really happened in 1915.
    as of today, Turkish gov't is still waiting for Armenian response

15. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

Mr GeoffP
    i will get in touch with turkish officials, and as they to provide the source that Armenia has refused to go to inter'l committee, I will inform you asap, and we will go from there
    best regards

16. otheadp Banned Banned

although it is entirely possible that Turks have committed Genocide against Armenians, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. how the fuck do YOU know that it happened? Armenians themselves claim that "most evidence has been destroyed". so all you have to go by is their victimhood stance?

i am not saying one group is bad and the other is good. i'm just saying that people are quick to jump to conclusions.

but it's also obvious that Turks could have destroyed the evidence, and they have an interest that the Genocide claim turns out to be false.

my point is that we have no info one way or another, so we shouldn't commit to any conclusions.