Time Travel - Methods & A Model?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by darksidZz, Mar 15, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I seek a way to traverse time using everyday hardware. With only those materials at our local Sears, Lowe's, or Home Depot determine what one needs in order to move in time. This can be expensive but not overly so, make it at most 300 - 400.

I was thinking the more massive something becomes the more space bends around it altering time, so maybe weights or something placed on someone would cause such a thing?

Might we be able to use dense light to warp someone in space?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

Okay on how to get a time machine for less then 300-400 euro/dollar/yen.
    1 place the money on a saving acount.
    2 Go to some wrealy cold place like the antarctica and freeze yourself while holding a plate that you do not want to be unfrozen until a economical time machine is avaible and the interst on your banking acount are sufficient to restore you and buy the time machine.
    3 Use the time machine to go back to your former era.
    ... That should work, wouldn't it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pinkiss Registered Senior Member

400$ wont build you time machine and the thing is not in weight or light.As i understand what is past it is destroyed you wont appear in the same place as you were.Even if it would happen everything wouldnt be the same because you would be there.Anyway to much of matrix here and expert in physics would explain you everything why its immposible.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

traverse time? that is simple. First, send me the 400$. Next, stand there and wait. You will traverse time at the stately rate of one second per second

8. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Ill take $400 too.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok. Here's what you need to do:

1. Buy a piece of hardware known as a "chair". This should be obtainable at moderate cost from any furniture emporium.
    2. Sit on the chair.
    3. Wait.

You will find that you traverse time in the forwards direction at a rate of 1 second every second.

Enjoy!

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Jeff 152:

Oops. I didn't see your post. Great minds think alike, eh?