The only decent candidate for President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

I recall him being the perennial "Libertarian" candidate when Libism wasn't hip. Now he's a machine Republican? That the best the US can do??

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Nope. You can read his writings at lewrockwell.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

sounds like the first good president theyve had in a while. this is one 'election' im going to support the rebulicans

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

:wtf: Then please let me have your avatar. vslayer supports the GOP (Party of God) Wow. :spank:

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There's a strong sentiment within the Libertarian Party that we're wasting our energy trying to be a party. We should be a non-profit like the Sierra Club and back individual candidates who support our positions on the important issues of the day.

Ron Paul represents a Texas district. There's a strong (small l) libertarian streak in the West. But since the left-liberal Democrats are all unrepentant statists, most people with libertarian sympathies vote Republican. Running as a Republican, he was able to hang onto those libertarian Republican votes, and capture a bunch of other Republicans as well. Enough to win the election.

No Libertarian Party candidate has ever been elected to a national office and is not likely to. The best they do is get into the state legislatures in really small states like Alaska.

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I'm willing to entertain the notion that Genji could be a decent candidate for President.

I'm surprised Genji doesn't already consider himself a decent prospect.

I guess all politics really is local.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. draqon Banned Banned

I can see the future and the future shows me that the president will be: Giuliani

I will be voting for Hillary thou.

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hillary will be his Secretary of Secretaries (just kidding).

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I thought that would be funny making W. to write on his own. Now, that would be a classic for our children...

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I'm from Ron Paul's district and I never liked him. I generally vote pretty conservatively, but Nick Lampson (the democrat that was defeated by Paul) was a really great guy, and a good rep. I saw him speak once to the Republican Women's Club in Galveston with my mom, and I thought he was pretty greasy.

I don't know---maybe he's better now. All this business about "the tax payers best friend" doesn't mean much when you have a multi-trillion dollar budget, and need to make decisions to keep the largest economy in the world on track.

15. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Ron Paul?

Not exactly an intellectual 'miracle of rare device', is he now? That he even has a following worthy of media consequence indicates that a sizable conservative minority are still thrilled at sticking butter-knives into electrical sockets.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Are you?