Interesting Thought

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by EndLightEnd, Mar 9, 2007.

1. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

And probably completely wrong but since no one really knows what happens inside a black hole I thought Id share my fleeting idea...

I was just thinking, what if inside a black hole a another big bang occurred creating a mini universe completely isolated from our own? To any creatures in this new universe it would appear full size as hours does to us.

Of course this raises many problems. If this were true it means that our universe has an edge, because we are just a blackhole in another universe. Also the atoms themselves have to shrink to keep the proportions the same, unless the new universe is comprised of even smaller elements that perhaps are undiscovered.

Feel free to rip it to pieces!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

I tought evrything in a black hole had to move father then c or colide with the singularity. Must be a strange universe in negative time

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

A black hole is just a really small body with exceptionally high gravity. "Hole" is a misnomer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

Until you meet up with one, that is.

8. orcot Valued Senior Member

Yeah then you call them something religious like my god or if all els fail you go back to the good old trusted repetive oh shit, both never come close describing what a black hole is

9. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Maybe the multiverse theoretical physicists hypothesize are different sizes, and possibly contained within each other! That would be intense.

10. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

That's a lot of holy thinking.

11. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Yea but I find it fun to play around with ideas, no matter how off base
    sometimes they lead to very original ideas

12. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

True, it is the esence of brilliance. Keep doing what youre doing then ELE, no offense meant.

13. pinkiss Registered Senior Member

I woulding agree to your idea because as black holes destroys planets and absorbs all the s***t from our space it should then aswell to throw out something from another universe

wich doesnt make any sence because of their gravity :shrug: .

I imagine your idea as pouring water from one glass to another

14. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

as far as my understanding goes, there could never be a big bang or any event occurring inside a black hole because the event horizon is simply beyond the edge of time. there is no time for any event to occur because time is stopped. Past the event horizon, a watch can not tick and a chemical reaction can not take place because time does not exist. the event horizon is an edge of space and time.

Thus, nothing can go go into a black hole and come out, unless it came out before it went in, meaning backwards time travel which is basically synonymous with FTL travel. Thus, there can never be a casual connection between inside and outside of a black hole, and nothing can happen inside because there is not time for such an event to occur.

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

I made a similar post but it got no responds so I'm going to post it again.

So here it goes if the big bang occurd then at one time in history all matter of the universe was in a tiny space note that I'm not saying point because we only now how the universe looked like 10-X sec afther the big bang.

Anyway all that matter was in a tiny space so basicly you had a single hughe black hole. So if energy was still able to escape isn't that proof that there is a natural way to go fasther then light?

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Well, THIS probably is prohibited by the second law of thermodynamics, but since time can't be trusted inside a black hole, I guess that neither can the second law

This is actually similar to one of Hawkings original ideas: the singularity inside a black hole connects two universes. In the other universe, there is a "white hole", which is exactly opposite in character to a black hole...namely it spits instead of swallows. (Not a good prom date, in other words.)

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=white hole

Hawking has largely abandoned this interpretation, I think, in favor of his new solution to the Information Loss Problem.

17. nexusfruit 17 Registered Senior Member

A black hole is simply a 'blind spot'. Light is energy. You can't destroy energy and all that. Light travels out from one source, the milky way. It reaches heliopause and slows down. But we're wrong about one thing. It doesn't stop. It reflects, or turns around. And since time is curved, we see multiple reflections of our own galaxy. There is no universe as we know it to be, only images of what was going on HERE, so long ago. Black Holes are simply the back of our eyes, so to speak.