World Leaders and Darwin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Islamsmylife, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

I have my own opinion in this regard but I'm interestend in hearing others opinions on the topic of World leaders. Im not to knowldegable in regrads to understanding how world leaders become world leaders, aside from those whose power was passed on to them from their fore-fathers. Let me clarify what I mean; according to survival of the fittest those most qualified/capable are deemed to be the greatest amongst a particular people. Now taking the perspective of that concept are most of the worlds leaders the most qualified/capable to lead and in turn become the top eliets of their societies or was this power handed over to them by an unseen hand that engineers and creates societies leaders. Now I know every society is different but from what we know is it possible for every person to really become the best of the best or does the survival of the fittest concept not completly apply on our new world order system.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The methods by which a person becomes the leader of a country differs from country to country. Usually it is the perception of fitness rather than actual fitness that prevails. The Darwinian nature of the process has more to due with how humans percieve someone to have leadership qualities. So-called "social Darwinism" is just a perversion of his theories designed to justify military strength. Actually, cooperation is just as much a part of an evolutionary strategy as aggression.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Social skills and power to instruct others, as well as convey learned intelligence, becoming the best in a field (usually law) by offering new innovative ideas.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Now-a-days, you need the Media to present you in a positive light as well as a kick arse Media management team and good connections and lots of $$$$$$. If you have that then even an imbecile like GW Bush Jr. can become the "Leader" of the "Free" World....

scary I know...