US generals will quit if Iran is attacked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

What about a military coup?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good to see that not everyone in Washington is a bushwhacking cowboy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is about 6 years late....

8. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

I'm now reading the digg discussion you mentioned, informative thread there.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which one is that?

10. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

12. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

13. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

14. terryoh Registered Senior Member

If there really is no nuclear weapons programme, then YESSSSSSSSSS~! Finally we have some generals with some foresight and intelligence.

But if Iran does have a nuclear weapons programme, then jail those stupid generals.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

That is great to hear as it seems Bush is determined to commit no matter what. Funny how it is the folks with actual military experience who are the most reluctant to commit to a losing proposition. Just look at Colin Powell.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Careful what you wish for:

The military is significantly more conservative than society at large. And you really think a military aggressive enough to seize power would be less agressive in foreign policy? LOL

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if the US with its love for creating military dictatorships in other countries would destabilise enough to end up with one themselves?

18. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

"My General is better than your General"
    Dale Franks www.qando.net

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So its not just an incompetent C-in-C, its also incompetent generals.

That makes everything hunky dory.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Isn't it very interesting that you give the US so much power and capability? I mean, think about it ...the US sends in a few CIA operatives to some backwater, bullshit nation, and within a few days, they've complete disbanded one government and set up another one!

Now you have to admit, Sam, that's just one helluva lot of power and reach, don't ya' think? Are you sure that you want to give the US that much credit?

And think of this, Sam, a few CIA operatives can go into some dinky, backwater, bullshit nation like Iran in the 50s, and do all of this goverment changing ..............and the people just sit back and let it happen?!

Do you think, for even one moment, that anyone could do something like that to the USA? The people would fight it tooth and nail, and would never accept such interference. Yet these places that you seem to love so dearly just lay back and let it happen ....and put up virtually no fight?

I think you give the US and the CIA a lot too much credit, Sam. But thanks anyway ...it's a nice thought that the US can actually do things like that.

Baron Max

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I see you're having a maturity malfunction. I'll just wait over here while you adjust yourself.

22. John99 Banned Banned

Amazing that people believe this stuff, it is a childlike viewpoint on world events.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I blame a lot of it on the world of US fiction. In years past, I read sooooo many novels about the CIA and overseas operatives. One CIA agent solving all the world's problems with just one gun and lots of running and hiding and fake documents, etc.

So much was written that people actually began to believe it.

And now, as you might know, we have a surge in US military forces like the SEALs, the Special Forces, the Delta Force, the Grery Fox force, ........ Pretty soon Sam and others will believe all of that, too, I suppose.

By the way, I include tv and movies in that word "fiction".

Baron Max