Finally, A Republican Making Sense

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spidergoat, Feb 23, 2007.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

http://antiwar.com/paul/
    Interesting and insightful comments by the Republican Representative from Texas and 2008 presidential candidate Ron Paul:

Why are we determined to follow a foreign policy of empire building and preemption which is unbecoming of a constitutional republic?

Osama bin Laden has expressed sadistic pleasure with our invasion of Iraq and was surprised that we served his interests above and beyond his dreams on how we responded after the 9/11 attacks. His pleasure comes from our policy of folly getting ourselves bogged down in the middle of a religious civil war, 7,000 miles from home that is financially bleeding us to death....

The catch-all phrase, "War on Terrorism," in all honesty, has no more meaning than if one wants to wage a war against criminal gangsterism. It's deliberately vague and nondefinable to justify and permit perpetual war anywhere, and under any circumstances...

In recent decades our policies have been driven by neoconservative empire radicalism, profiteering in the military industrial complex, misplaced do-good internationalism, mercantilistic notions regarding the need to control natural resources, and blind loyalty to various governments in the Middle East...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bocca Registered Member

And from Texas!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You meant, beside me?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ron Paul is the only decent candidate in these clusterfuck of egotist, corporate morons from both sides...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

An honest and intelligent Republican?

Who woulda thunk it!

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Ron Paul is far less a Republican than I am (an Independent, if you need reminding).

Ron Paul, Republican, is like me saying I'm a Democrat.

Actually, I used to be a Democrat -- Jimmy Carter was my last wasted vote in that guise.

Whoa, symmetry.

9. Bells Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Be still my beating heart!

One of them actually makes sense for once and gets it...