Mbeki says crime not a problem, but buys $20 million wall for his residence.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by w1z4rd, Feb 20, 2007.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Our idiot president hiding behind his big wall. You have to laugh at that bolded bit... telling us not to hide from the "no crime" behind high walls, and then he goes an invests R90 million in a freeking wall.

I have to see this bloody wall! For that price it better come with stealth technology and a free aircraft carrier.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Politics/0,,2-7-12_2071893,00.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

$20 million? WTF?

Shows that country is really going down the toilet since Apartheid was repealed.

http://southafricasucks.blogspot.com/

Crime is a Perception # 2

Mbeggi safe behind R 90 Million wall

Pretoria: His Excellency, Comrade Glorious Leader Tarboy Mbeggi is in the process of having a R90 Million (US$ 13 Million) wall built around his Presidential home in Pretoria. A veil of secrecy was hastily drawn over the affair when reporters from Die Volksblad newspaper enquired about it. The fully-imported wall (WTF, since when are walls imported?) will cost approximately R 90 Million. Construction work has already commenced at the Bryntirion Estate in Pretoria, and the foundations are almost complete.

The project is ironic in light of the president's denialist statements on national television last month, where he was quoted as saying “high crime rates are simply a perception”. An employee of JFE Securities yesterday confirmed the firm was building the wall, but refused to be drawn on any further details. “I’m not allowed to discuss it. Our contract includes a secrecy clause, he said. Volksblad reporters were referred to Ms Lucia Mabuza, who is the project leader. Mabuza, a former employee of the Department of Public Works, who has now suddenly formed her own firm, initially denied having anything to do with the project. During a follow up phone call, she did an about-turn admitting that she knew of the project, but will not field any queries from the media. “This project has nothing to do with your newspaper. You’re talking to the wrong person” Mabuza barked before ending the call.

Mr Lucky Mochalibane of the Department of Public Works said the department will comment on the project today. “It’s a sensitive issue, but not a secret. We will issue a statement tomorrow” he said. Mr Mukoni Ratshitanga, spokesman for the presidency referred all queries to the Department of Public Works. “It’s the Departments property. They decide what happens at the presidency. Ratshitanga refused to answer when asked whether the current crime situation had a role in the building of the wall.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

That blog site is run by a bunch of hectic afrikaner right wingers. Full on racist dolts. Kinda like the american KKK people.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Seems that by actually living there they have a better grasp on the realities of South Africa than you do.

Edit: Hey you actually live in South Africa! Well, well! I suggest you stay there until the crime and corruption finally cures you of your liberalism.

2nd Edit: Hope you live long enough for that to happen!

8. okayillgonow Productive-Industrialist Registered Senior Member

Aaawwww... we have to bash other nations, Eh? Well, this'll be fun!

Sorry to burst your bubbles, South Africa fans! But this nation has 2 hills to overcome:

1. Aids is a major problem in South Africa & for its neighboring nations. In South Africa, according to the CIA World Factbook, 21.50% of the population of South Africa lives with Aids, making it one of top 5 highest HIV/AIDS adult prevalence rates. South Africa also has the most people living with Aids out of any other nation, estimating 5,300,000 people living with HIV/Aids.

2. Poverty & unemployment are also major problems in South Africa. In this nation, 25.50% of the population is unemployed, while 50% of the population lives in Poverty. side-effects of poverty & unemployment are: theft, among other crimes, & political corruption.

9. okayillgonow Productive-Industrialist Registered Senior Member

Count Sudoku:

Racist.

I agree.

10. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Any wonder the big chief needs a wall to protect himself!

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

okayillgonow, but there are more than enough news stories about how the crime has risen out of control, and safety is no longer guarantied by the government,

BBC News | TALKING POINT | Have you experienced crime in South Africa?
    South Africa is the most dangerous country in the world, which is not at war. Fifteen thousand people were murdered between January and September last year.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1924251.stm

South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Crime has been a major problem in South Africa. According to a survey for the period 1998–2000 compiled by the United Nations, South Africa was ranked ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa

SOUTH AFRICA: High-Profile Murder Sparks Debate on Violent Crime
    "Obviously the murder of someone of a high profile will definitely strengthen perceptions abroad about crimes in South Africa," he said. ...
    http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36371

Report attacks S African crime and corruption | Special reports ...
    African governments have warned South Africa that growing corruption, rampant violent crime and xenophobia are undermining confidence in the continent's ...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/southafrica/story/0,,2001054,00.html

12. draqon Banned Banned

South Africans need to change those diamonds into dust, fill the bullets with diamond dust, and shoot down the white oppressors.

Only problem is...Africans like those diamond bullets for themselves.

And democracy can't hover high from the weight of all the gold.

As for Earth, it cant give water, because it is full of blood.

And people are blind.

13. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

What white oppressors? You do know Apartheid fell along time ago? Our country has about 1/6th the size of yours, and we almost have the same gdp growth rate as the russians

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Why dont you bring your rednecked way of doing things down here and show us how its done then? Im sure the local populance would be very interested in your christian out reach and family inbreeding programs

Wait wait! Less give everyone guns!!!! and teach more corporations monopolistic corporate tactics!!! Africa needs your moonshine!

What effect poverty has with this type of crime... well I do not know.. there are poorer countries with a percentage of the crime rate we currently have.

I think that blog is written by a South African now hiding out in Australia btw.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

w1z4rd, could it be that the Afrikaner that you think is posting that blog had his land stolen from him and decided to go some were else were land rights are respected? and when you make something for your self it isn't taken away from you by the lawless and then nothing is done by the government to redress the situation. How long do you think you will have the largest GDP in the south of Africa if you keep running the people who built the wealth of your country? The path your country is going down is the same as many of the other countries on the continent, and it leads to poverty and dictatorship, Kill the Golden Goose, and the gold runs out.

16. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Um.... could you show me the case whereby said afrikaaner got his land stolen.

I am very aware of the path my country is taking, and instead of running away Im trying to change it, however our worst concern is crime. Land grabs are a non issue except to a few fringe elements here in South Africa.

I know a couple of members in my family have had enquiries about taking land, and at the excellent price the one was offered, he said yes. The other family declined and that was that.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Whats the rate of unemployment in SA?

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Zimbabwe.

20. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Oh boo hoo you hurt my feelings. Is this the best response you can up with?

21. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

I dont live in Zimbabwe... though I wonder why Mbeki still supports Mugabe.

Our unemployment rate as of March last year is 25.6%

22. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Um no thanks I'll stay somewhere where it's relatively safe (like Iraq). Anyone with half a brain is trying to get the F out of South Africa ASAP but don't listen to me I'm just an ignorant racist so you stay there and let us know when you become another statistic (if you are killed, get someone else to let us know).

As for that broken record excuse of poverty causing crime, that was disproved during the Great Depression.

23. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Not all of us quit and run. I can understand that may be in your character though.

Please note, I dont think poverty causes the crime. There are much poorer countries with much lower crime rates. If I had to guess, I would say its because south africa is not offering refuge to the millions of illegals in South Africa. We dont offer them any sanctuary, and we do not give them the option to work legally. Their only recourse when they get through our porous border is crime.