Dammit!!!

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by TruthSeeker, Mar 20, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Originally posted by GRO$$, from "15 year old follower of Bin Laden..." :
    That's true... and a real problem...
    Where do you live? I guess this is mostly in the US...
    Same thing was that problem in the schools of US where "children" were killing each other... if it's not still happening...

The problem is the society. A society that promotes violence through movies and media. A society where the body and the material is more important than anything else. A society that promotes physical beauty instead of spiritual beauty. A society based on competition: the one that destroy more people is more powerful and have more MONEY.

Money, money, money... that's what our society have and want. The problem is so great that influence even Religions. The church, for example, is a mess. Some decades ago, the church was the center of the society. Now it is a piece of decoration. People prefer to watch the football or baseball or whatever game on Sunday morning than go to church to learn virtues like honesty, humility and Love. Besides that, the church itself is decadent. They had millions (if not billions) of dollars spent with the priest or with the appearance of the church. Instead of helping so many people around the world...

Look people! Millions of children die of starvation each week in Africa!! Open your eyes and see it! While all those children are slowly dying of starvation, american people are dying from high blood presure (because of so much sugar and fat in theior blood), obesity and diabetics! Americans twice more than any other people all around the world.

While all those things are happening, you are there, watching your TV, using your computer and whatever other things you do...

Billions of dollars is spent with sports while Billions of people die from starvation, curable diseases and killed by the ignorance and stupidity of all human kind.

What a mess!

And some people still think that science research is more important. "Science! We are so wise! We are invencible!" Your proud will kill you and all human kind! If we don't change, we will be doomed to extinction!

And the royalties of medicines? People dying because they can't buy a medicine because it's too expensive for them. What a shame! If someone get the royalty for Cancer and AIDS, they will be able to make people pay thousands of dollars only for a medicen. They already pay thousands for the coquetel, that usually finish by killing them, imagine the actual medicine?

Look to our children! What we have done with them! We let them watch this horrible violent and sexual movies and programs, and music with horrible message... and they are molded by them! Everything in the name of "freedom". Freedom, yes; but with DISCIPLINE for God's sake!! Look the future of our world!

And our mother Nature... what we have done with her... The world is extremely polluted. The water is almost finished... how do you think it will be the lifes of your children... huh... Cris... for example...

Yeah... your marvelous society with the wonderfull science and capitalism will finish by make your children die of starvation, or lack of water, or pollution, or violence... it's not a pretty world...

I'm 17 years old. What the heck I'll do to fix what YOU, adults, have done with our home?

Please, begin with YOU. Begin changing your attitudes and the way you see and act in your everyday life. Recicle, see what your children is watching and listening, help with voluntary work... do whatever comes to your Heart to change the world.

It's by changing ourselves that we change the world.

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Cite, please.
    Cite, please.
    Cite, please.
    Cite, please.
    Cite, please.
    Thanks, I thought I would have to run down to the hardware store.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Goofyfish:
    While unduly alarmist, and not millions, and not in Africa alone, he has a point.

Cut him a little slack....

Truthseeker:
    You would likely be dead if it wasn't for scientific advances in food production, sanitation and medicine. And you would not be using a computer, and you would likely be illiterate, and you would probably be working from sunup to sundown just to survive.

As would I.

Well, I plan to study microbiology and genetics in order to defeat some of these diseases and, perhaps through GM, increase food production.

And you?

There are no easy answers, Nelson. I'm only a year older than you, I know how it feels. To wish you could do somthing, anything, to make the world better, yet knowing that it is not going to be enough, because you really can't do everything can you? And everybody is so bloody stupid and dosen't see...

I like you Nelson. You sound like a Christian version of me, before I realized that I can only do so much.

But, bloody hell Nelson, we do what we can. If 'what we can' is 'only so much', well, that's the way it is.

So, do somthing about it. Find somthing that you will like and will help and do it.

(It is truely a pity that my politics are correct and yours aren't

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

No can do. Nelson used his slack and probably the slack that might have gone to others when he first came to SciForums, sorry. I might start to bend if he would trouble himself to present a fact or three, but it doesn't happen. So now? I just point 'em out and keep askin'.

Peace.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

goofyfish...

It's all over the world! I don't need to cite!!!
    Just read a newspaper or search in the internet!

Just some examples:

Church:
    http://www.pastornet.net.au/jmm/ycca/ycca0028.htm
    http://www.wcg.ndirect.co.uk/Article12.htm
    http://www.rosslynhillchapel.com/bulletin/July/story9.htm
    http://home.tampabay.rr.com/swsmoot/pubs/pub0022.htm

Those are actually signs of the times...

Famine:
    http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/afghan/
    http://www.30hourfamine.org/
    "Every day, 35,000 children die of hunger-related causes. This website gives you the chance to do something about it."
    http://www.ucc.ie/famine/Latest/latest.html
    Look this one!
    http://www.interaction.org/disaster/nkorea.html

American Obesity:
    Just look around! MacDonalds! King Burger! All those fatty, salty and unhealthy fast food that you and our children eat. If not citing all the meat and all the food you eat...
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fat/
    It's all about the "beauty" of the body... arrrgh!

Everyone knows that those things are happening! Where do you live? Mars?!?

Here's a gift for you... another wicked thing in the name of the "national security"... and i the name of "freedom"!!
    http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/Urgent_Action/AIDS_Contract.html

Wake up,
    Nelson

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Genetic mutated food is not secure... you know that... we can't know what will be the consequences of it in some decades. It might cause cancer or genetics mutation... and yet, we give it even to our children...
    Sanitation... it wouldn't need if we didn't live in so large and poluted cities...
    Medicine... I can't argue with you... even though some people die from those coquetels for cancer and AIDS instead of the actual disease... And the possibilty of many diseases have been made by humans in laboratories during the wars... like Vietnam, for example... And the royalties that make our medicines really expensive to the average person...

If there was no computer, I would be living a healthier life... I could even with the computer... but there's no space in the world anymore... There are millions of huge-polluted cities spread all over the world because of the "Wonderful" science...

I actually would probably be a Biologist or just live in a forest... where I can breath properly...

Don't know yet... I'm thinking... too many options...

If everyone could do something good for the world...
    But there are people who prefer to design atomic bombs...

If everyone could do his or her part, everything would be possible.
    It's like I said before... change yourself, than change the world...

It seems we have both correct politics... we just have different perspectives. There is no right or wrong, left or right... there is just a difference of perspective...

Love,
    Nelson

10. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

It's like late-night re-run of our first conversations together...

argument with no facts = argument with no merit

But I fell for it anyway, you scoundral! I went for the one link where you actually quoted something, "Every day, 35,000 children die of hunger-related causes. This website gives you the chance to do something about it." And it wasn't there!! Boy is my face red for falling for that old gag again! Giving you the benefit of the doubt, checked 'em all... nothing! nada! zilch! Guess I'm too trusting a sort. Ah, well.

Peace.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Now I feel the urge to speak up for TruthSeeker here. He has good points. Children grow up in a world now-a-days where they see nothing else but war. Like in Ireland, for example. Just this one country for now. The war is raging there for many, many years and the end is not in sight. Children are born and raised behind wired fences. Their parents walk with them, on purpose, through neighbourhoods from which they know, they better stay away from there. These children grow up in pain and agoney (shall be spelled wrong, sorry).

The raging war started out as a holy war, is now just a war for the killing. Look at what the new I.R.A is doing in England and in their own country. This is no way to raise your children! This is simply outrageous! How the hell is this possible in our 'civile' world???

Churches??? Just institutions in which people get brainwashed in another way. It's all about money, money, money.

Food is modified, everywhere on Earth. Humans are modified.

I better quit, can go on for hours and then feel lousy, sad and angry for a long while.

TruthSeeker is right! What do we leave behind for our children???

Oh what a joy to be one of the human race...

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

There's no reason to believe that....and no evidence.

No.

Evidence?

I've never heard this before.

Correct. That is why we need universal healthcare for minors.

Perfection is impossible. Do both simultaniously, I say.

Goofyfish:

Can't argue with the need for facts.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Banshee,

I can't argue with you... the church is decadent in many places in the world. There are still some, like the one I go, that is a real church. Most of them have fallen in the hands of wicked people, like the Bible say. In Revelation, in the Bible, it's written that the decadence would reach the church... prophecy? Probably...

In many "churches" people are brainwashed. But there are still some that preach Love, humilty, honesty and other virtues...

Money... it's all about the damn green paper...
    Our society forgot that there are things more important then material things...

"Holy" Wars... *sights
    Look what the ignorance of the human kind did with a Book that talk about Love and virtue...

Banshee... you forgot the sexual abuse practiced by some "priests" and the political involvement...

I SHOUT Love here because this world is so... a mess...
    And I won't stop shouting until I see results!

... I guess I'll be shouting for a looooong time...

Love,
    Nelson

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Of course we have no evidence! The evidence can appear only in some decades! I told you... long term... We know that nothing happen in a short term, but in a long, is a mistery...

Ask anyone who take those coquetels...

I'll post the link again...
    http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/Urgent_Action/AIDS_Contract.html

Perfection is Love. With Love everything is possible.

Love,
    Nelson

15. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Ahhh.. vindication feels good.
    I actually just deal with it by calling up a visual...

Peace.

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker..

Yes, LOVE, that's what lacks in this human consumption society.

There I agree with you. Love and understanding!

Love and Light to you Nelson...

Nice picture Goofyfish...

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Perhaps... but there is a point here... Bioweapons... Chemical weapons...
    The Ebola, for example... could it has been develpoped in laboratory?...

"We" have been using all this war strategies to kill people in the war... For example, in the Vietnam War... We destroied a whole Ecosystem! And look how many people are contaminated with chemical weapons such as carbon dioxide... Go there and look! People deformed and with lots of health problems because of chemical weapons. Many with cancer BECAUSE of the chemical weapons. And their children that can born deformed or with diseases. Arghh! I'll stop for now!

...That's hurt in the Heart...

Love,
    Nelson

18. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Ebola perhaps could have been bred in a lab, technologically, however it was not. Documented outbreaks that match ebolas symptoms exactly have been occuring in Africa forever.

19. lottad Registered Member

TruthSeeker

Carbon dioxide?

I guess I missed something at school

Lotta // curious as always

20. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Welcome Lottad. And yes, carbon dioxide is poisonous. But I don't know if anyone has based weapons around it yet.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

lottad and Adam,

Yes... carbon dioxide... and it was called something like

range gas"... I don't remember...

They used it to destroy the florest so that they could see where the "enemy" was going. They killed mostly civilians and the florest itself...

Love,
    Nelson

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Agent Orange. Not carbon dioxide, if memory serves.

I do not think either HIV or Ebola was 'created', for the reasons I have outlined, but this is tangental.

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

It was made by carbon dioxide or other poisonous chemicals...
    It was not only carbon dioxide. I think it was only one of the ingredients...

Love,
    Nelson