Running mates in 08

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NightFall, Feb 17, 2007.

1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

First of all, i would like to point out that i am politically challenged, i dont have the brains or the attention span... but please, humor me...

Also i think you should know that i am writing this message to you in secrecy, by candlelight, in the laundryroom, and if my mother ever asks.. all i said was "Thank god for Bush".

A few years ago, a friend had directed me to a clip online of a speech by Obama, i dont remember what it was on.. i just remember that i was impressed by the way it was dilvered, and it kept my intrest longer than i wouldve expected, and knowing not much about him, i lightly agreed with alot of things he had to say.... (if only i remembered now what those were)...

His name is a little more common now, and not having any form of tv, i still see it every now and then in the headlines.. so today i looked up some info of my own, and also spent some time on his website. While it is true he doesnt like anything finite, i find him impressively level headed and down to earth.. and although i really dont know enough about him or the other possibilites for 08, i consider him someone to keep an eye on.. even if his website didn't mention his plans for getting my mexican neighbors a much deserved permanent vacation to the south, atleast until they can learn to speak english and use birth control.

but back to the point.. so on my google journey.. i came accross a terrifying thought.. Hillary/Obama 08.... why did it take so long for this to occur to me?

my family has always been very stong republicans, but i have never really agreed with anyone long enough to take a side... and now that i have come across someone that does intrest me... this terrible terrible possiblity has risen that in supporting Obama (IF i chose to) it would then require me to support Hil...

so what do you think are the chances.. that if it did come down to the one of the two of them... that they would chose the other as running mate?

on one hand.. they seem to be splitting the intrest between the two of them.. and it could be an positive match.. but at the same time.. how many minorities can you put into a pair and expect to still get votes?

thanks for listening to me ramble.
    good weekend to you all.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!