Unitel?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by matticiousg, Mar 20, 2002.

1. matticiousg Registered Member

I stumbled accross this company's site a while back and I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on the validity of their assertions as I don't have a strong enough physics background to make an accurate judgement:
    http://www.unitelnw.com/
    Specifically I'm looking for some input on the aerospace parts of their site. It sounds really exciting but I don't want to get my hopes up if their science isn't very sound.
    -matt

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

Looks dubious matticiousg. They use alot of tech sounding words but the thing is do they work with each other.

One error I noted was they say that the Blackbird SR71 had a "smart" skin to avoid radar, when it didn't and relied on speed and altitude to out run any missiles.

Maybe someone who knows the terms they use will give a better answer.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

Read some more

Sheesh they don't even know what prions are. They are proteins not organisms.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It sounds really exciting but I don't want to get my hopes up if their science isn't very sound

Don't get your hopes up. The Unitel Aerospace site is bunk. They are talking about tapping into zero point energy and reaching superluminal or faster than light speeds. Pure nonsense.

These guys are looking for money from anyone that is dumb enough to give it to them.

8. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Q has it right.

The statement at the bottom of this page pegged by bogosity meter.

We don't even now if these scalar fields really exist yet. Tapping ZPE is more akin to cold fusion and orgone energy. T'aint no way a plasma (a cloud of charged particles) and a laser (coherent light) could affect a putative quantum field.

One of the buggers of quantum mechanics is that objects are inherently random. They can't be easily organised. Bose einstein condensates not withstanding.