House Democrat Plan: Slowly choke off funding for Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 15, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

House Democrats have crafted a weasle plan to slowly choke off funding for the Iraq war through the "readiness" strategy. They plan to tack on regulations regarding funding for any new troops sent to Iraq to make it impossible for sufficient troops to be found and funded to continue the war.
    It's tough to win a war when you have Democrats stabbing you in the back.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What about the previous 3 years? Were they stopping you then?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Nickelodeon, yes with ever word they spoke, and every amendment and investigation they brought forward to destroy the present administration.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Such as?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What happened to all the "funding" given before?

Its not gone for armor for soldiers, nor for veterans and the situation in Iraq does not seem to have improved, so what were the advantages of the "funds" given?

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Actually, SamCDKey, a lot of the money was given to soldier armour, repair of vehicles, soldier's pay, food, Iraqi food and care, medical expenses, munitions...

Basically, you know, the costs of war.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Damn them Democrats for making sure the troops are supported! Republicans treat them like cannon fodder, sacrificing them for political reasons. There is no other way to end this war, (other than impeachment) which is why all those Democrats got elected, remember?

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Bull. The Democrats have no interest in supporting the troops. Quite the contrary. These "readiness" rules they want are designed solely to decrease the number of troops available to send to Iraq.

I do eye exams on soldiers almost every day, and they are pissed at the Democrats. They understand who really supports them and who is sticking a knife in their backs.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spidergoat, no that isn't why they got elected, they got elected to do the peoples business, and if they don't get going and do the peoples business thing will change with the next election, the job of the government first is to protect the people, and I don't see anything that the democrats are doing to do so, I am now waiting for the next big boom, or maybe the hiss of escaping biological?

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

The knife is going into the backs of the American people and the Iraqi people. Bush's mafia put those troops in this situation, knifing them in the back, by sending them in under equipped and on phony intelligence. Until you chickenhawks figure out a way to pay for your wars don't dare condemn those that demand accountability for the first trillion dollars shit down the drain. Cut The Funding and use the money in America, on American soil. You guys lusting for more money for more time in the civil war should pay triple in taxes to pay for your disaster.

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

Ha! Too bad for you. The American people wanted the Dems to gain control over your party's failed strategies in the Bush wars. It was all in your party's hands, since 2000! And STILL you failed. The People wanted change, you'll need to shed your disdain for democracy. Your support for King George is revealing indeed.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The people business, which in this case means ending our involvement in Iraq's civil war, providing oversight on Bush's fascistic power grabs and war profiteering, AND dealing with domestic issues.

Who anthraxed senate Democrats? I would like to know.

16. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

I was under the impression that the war happened AFTER the year 2000?

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Trust me on this one, I pay plenty in taxes. And I have to pay quarterly, which means I have to write checks to the government rather than have it taken out before I ever see it.

18. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Oh no no. The Knife is most certainly going into the tax payers backs but the wielder stabs to the left. The bills calling for kind treatment of noted terrorists halts the stream of information that could have been vital in the war. Left wing media blasts our troops nightly and then their asses lay down to sleep, being kept safe by the very fucking people they rip to shreds every night.

My cousin just got back from his second tour in Afghanistan and, as anthonywayne said, troops hate democrats for doing everything possible to halt any progress.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I now agree that Iraq has now become Vietnam all over again, the democrats cutting funds for the troops, and wanting to pull out, afraid of their own shadow, they promised in Vietnam that the killing would stop if only we pulled out of Vietnam, but did it? ask 3,000,000 Cambodian, 1,670,00 Vietnamese, 107,000 Lao/ Humong, the killing didn't stop because we left, and the same thing is going to happen if the democrats force a pull out in Iraq.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Exactly. Democrats aren't fooling anyone with this crap and it will come back to bite them on the ass. One way or the other.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

22. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Damn them Democrats who can't support the troops because so very few Democrats are actually in the trenches beside, and watching the back of, their mostly Republican fellow combat troops.

Democrats' "Support" sounds an awful lot like Democrats' "is" to the troops --as substantial as wet toilet paper.

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I dare you to walk into a bar near any U.S. Army or Marine base and say the same things to the "troops".

Go ahead, chickenschmuck. Support your troops.