Czech president derogates UN global-warming panel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 12, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Now here's a guy who makes some sence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

"According to the Czech president, "each serious person and scientist" says that global warming is a myth."

Serious? What about the "serious" scientists that say otherwise?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

It's starting to look like evolution-creationism debate

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

How?

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

If only he made sense.

9. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

This sentence just reminds me of it

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

If the Czech president says it then it be TRUE!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's some bullchzit!

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I'm an atheist when it comes to the religion of Global Warming, too.

The really funny aspect of the new religion is that its acolytes stay in character by denying the influence of a Sun.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No they don't, but the sun is not a catch-all that explains all the warming that is going on.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spidergoat, really then explain the warming of Mars?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think you should stop pretending to be an independent.

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

what is happening on mars has little to do with what is happening on our own planet, im sure.

how many automobiles, factories, etc have been spewing poison into the air for the last 100-150 years? if you think that it has no effect on the environment, you are blindly following a party line.

thats like shitting on your living room floor and saying that the room smells just fine, and you dont need to stop shitting on your floor....in other words, a big pile of crap.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That would really suck, then. If the warming trend started by the sun were to be exacerbated by a human-caused greenhouse effect, then it would be twice as bad.

18. otheadp Banned Banned

finally, someone with balls

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside, that is just it there are no car, factories, ect; spewing pollution in to the Martian atmosphere, and yet they are experiencing global warming, and it is interesting that in the last global warming cycle on earth the temperatures were much warmer than they are today, so is man the cause or even a major contributor to global warming, we have a pristine environment in Mars and the same warming is taking place, so tell me why the alarmist aren't looking at those facts, and look into the facts that the sun is just putting out more energy, so just like in your house when you turn on the furnace things warm up, but unlike your house we don't have a thermostat to turn down the heat out put of the sun.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

So why not advocate returning leaded auto fuel? Removing pollution standards on industry? Repeal the Clean Air Act. Bring back the glory days of the 1960's & 70's pollution. Do you also want cars to burn more fuel? We could return to ethyl! Build neighborhoods on dioxin dumps like before and make our rivers flammable again. Who gives a shit if you disagree with science because it doesn't fit your agenda, why not support new fuel sources? You must be loyal to the Saudi Royals or you're hoping for an interview on Fox.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Because there are good medical reasons for those, and you are doing the red herring rout with your last post, those are thing we could do something about, or do you have the thermostat for the sun in your pocket, I don't deny that there may be global warming, but I do deny that man has the ability to do anything to speed it up or slow it down, we have heard for decades that this was the last decade for man and the world, the population bomb was suppose to have already destroyed the world, the oceans were suppose to have died in the eighties, we were suppose to have been destroyed by a meteor, we were suppose to have run out of food in the last century, and everybody was suppose to have starved, have any of the dooms day prophecies come true? is global warming truly a bad thing? I don't know anybody that can give a accurate predication do you?

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

Continued reliance on fossil fuels will prove more costly than progressing to another source of energy. You say Man has reached his zenith and we can't do anything to modernize our way of life. I say we need to achieve some goals re: the environment and move into the future not dependent on oil. The oil barons will make certain things remain as is, a profit is to be made you know. But the best interests of this country and the world exceed those of the billionaire oil dynasties.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji

Where did you ever come up with that idea? never made such a statement in my life, there is infinity to what man can achieve.

Why do we have to rush of a cliff to produce a new form of energy? if the technology was mature enough for that energy source to compete with fossil fuels it would be on the market today, name me a new energy source that is not receiving massive government funds to make it even marginally viable? the funny thing is that almost weekly I here about new oil reserves that are being found, here in the U.S. we have massive reserves on the west coast, the Florida coast, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Face of Alaska, Anwar, and even the Great Lakes, we have Nuclear energy available if we can ever get the plants licensed, Europe is almost all nuclear, for electricity, so tell me why we can't continue to live and work on new energy sources at the same time, we have cleaned up the environment in the U.S. dramatically since the Forty's and we continue to do so to day, but check out the rest of the world, look at the former Soviet Union, China, India, Africa, take a look at the air quality in these countries, the visible air pollution in their air, and then tell me that the U.S. is the major problem, and I will laugh in your face, pictures speak in any language.