Black Holes

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by GiZzY, Feb 8, 2007.

1. GiZzY Registered Member

Hey I'm new to this forum. I was searching for something about A.I. but anyway, can anyone tell me what is happening in the center of these things? Like is it sucking in matter, like dust, to form a planet or star or something? What exactly do these do and are they mobile?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENSE..THAt BLACK HOLES EXIST....

only that really massive dark things... exist.

but they dont have to be holes in space..... that is conjecture.

they could be mega stars... as some scientist have suggested..

or super sized nuetron stars......

no need for a hole in space and time.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mathman Valued Senior Member

According to general relativity, anything big enough and not hot enough will collapse to a black hole.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

I wonder why Newton did't try the black hole thought experiment. Or did he? According to his laws, an object of sufficient density ought to be compressed under its own gravity until it existed as a point object of infinite density and with an infinite gravitational pull.

8. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

There was actually an Anglican clergyman called John Michell in the 1700's who calculated that a sufficiently big object with sufficient density (like the density of the sun or something) would have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.

The fact that Newton didn't think of black holes isn't surprising. Theoreticians often do not see the full extent of their own ideas---Einstein didn't invent black holes, Schwarzchild did.

To the original poster---a black hole is literally that. One cannot say with any certainty what is happening inside the horizon of a black hole. Well, this is only partially true

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If the black hole is large enough, we know a little about what is happening. At the very center of the black hole, however, we certainly don't know what is happening.

9. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

10. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Mosheh Thezion: You should read a bit about Black Holes. You are misled by the semantics of their name, suggesting that you do not have a clue about their basic nature.

They are not called holes because they are literally holes. Because light cannot escape, they would appear to be black if we could actually observe them. An isolated Black Hole would seem like a dark spot against the background of a stary sky. It might seem to be a hole.

Most black holes exist in the center of galaxies surrounded by stars and interstellar gas. They are not isolated. The gravitational effects on the matter falling into them would probably make them look unlike an islolated Black Hole.

11. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

im sorry my friend...

i do believe in black holes... at the center of galaxies...

but they are not holes..... not at all.

the entire name... misleads you all.

there is no evidence thast holes exist... only that super massive things exist at the core of galaxies...

the question is why.

i have an alternative explination.

there is more.... if your up to it.

-MT

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Mosheh

Please stop highjacking threads with your pet theories, some are here to ask questions and learn something. We've seen your silly drawings ad nauseum, it's time to give it a rest.

13. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THE images... and text... is completely relavant.

its all about why there are black holes in the center of galaxies.

if your limited intelegence can realise this... its ok... i just told you.

IF YOUR MIND CANT HANDLE ALTERNATIVE THEORIES.... thats your problem.

if you guys prefer.. thumbnails i can do that.

-MT

14. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Alternate theories are the most interesting ones, but few are interested in alternate OPINIONS, unsupported by any experiments or observations. That is what your opinions are lacking.

Alternate opinions, such as yours, that contradict real theories (I.e. ones based on observations and careful measurements and have detailed mathematical models, consistent with all these observation), are particularly silly - not worth consideration. You opinions are supported only by your scrawled drawings, not facts or observations.

15. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

OK... PLEASE SHOW ME THE CONTRADICTIONS...

please... show me how it doesnt fit.

you can do that.... cant you?

-MT

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I would need to read your text, instead of just look at your scrawls. The burden of proof is alway upon the person trying to over turn the accepted view. We do not have time to destroy every crackpot's claims. - There are too many crackpots, totally incapable of even following the math of a real theory, much less constructing a quantative description.

When you have something to present with a quantative prediction, then I may read it. Sorry, but that is the way science works. - Even a prince's OPINIONS are worthless if they can not make any quantative prediction. (You are not yet a King are you?)

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

your words are more meaniless than mine.

i atleast am able to read yours..

you... seem to be having trouble.

sorry... is it old age?

-MT

18. Blindman Valued Senior Member

You need to know a little math. You cant just draw some silly diagrams and sit back. You need to explain it all as a mathematical solution. Little wonder everyone thinks you’re a crack pot..

Show us the transformation required to convert from 3D to 2D then to 1D. I have one.

A(BS) = C;

Where A is any imperial value.
    B is a large four legged animal.
    S is the warm residue this animal will produce.

After lots of careful observation and study I have found that BS = 0;

Thus any fact multiplied by BS will produce a 1 dimensioned result always equal to zero.

BS is the most elegant of constants, worthy of exactly nothing.

19. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

No comment, aright?
    Anyway, I gotta catch some sleep. This fuckin shirt is chafing me.

20. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

quanitification.... WOULD REQUIRE THAT i provide... or present for you.. a small simple set of equations which ... allow for the development of all space and time.. following the natural progressive pattern i have described.

it is possible to understand the natural progressive pattern.. without having to quantify it.

some it seems... dont accept that.

oh well.

im working on quantification... but if i had it... i wouldnt share it here.

-MT

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, you've been warned, continue to highjack threads with your pet theories and I'll delete your posts.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

So BS, is more than just a Scalar, it's an 'anti-Vector'? Can you formulate an 'Anti Mosheh' too, to negate his BS?

23. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Moseh, um normal people dont think they are actual holes going somewhere else. We just know when you look at a star filled sky, and there is a big black dot in the middle, we know no light is making it out... hence the term black hole.

For the record, there are thousands of them in our galaxy alone, and the average size of one is about the size of a thimble. Heres a cool Youtube clip of some blackhole simulations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLvOvGW3Tk

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007