Black hole qu

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by pinkiss, Feb 5, 2007.

1. pinkiss Registered Senior Member

Lets say if there was very small black hole and object bigger than black hole and it would start to get pulled into the hole.My question is what would happen by theory.As i know that there is no evidence found of small black holes and its almost immposible to happen.What would be your appinion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have heard speculation that ball lightning is a tiny black hole. Anyway, the larger object would be crushed. As you may know, matter is mostly empty space. The very small black hole would get slightly bigger.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pinkiss Registered Senior Member

I think the same but only object would be smashed into smaller peaces before getting into black hole.

But my question would be more towards exampe of Jupiter size planet and pluto size black hole or even smaller.Hope you got my idea sry for poor english

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

remember, the event horizon of earth (if compressed enough to become a black hole) would only be a diameter of around 1cm. thus, a black hole that size would pull on the material of, say, jupiter the same as earth would. if they got too close, the black hole would pull matter off the planet until it eat the matter, or launched it off in a plasma jet.

like this:

or this:

8. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

If Hawking is correct, a small black hole would evaporate before much else happened.

Assuming no evaporation, the result of a planet interacting with a small black hole was described a long time ago in a SciFi story.

In the story, the first humans on mars discovered a communication device using gravity waves, supposedly left there by some extraterrestials with starships. Th basis of the mechanism was a small black hole with an electric charge, allowing the device to be controlled and oscillated to create gravity waves.

The astronauts tinkered with the device, resulting in the black hole escaping from the electrostatic confinement. Since the balck hole was about as massive a large asteroid, it was pulled toward the center of Mars.

The black hole was so incredibly dense that it sank into mars like a stone dropped in an ocean. It plummeted toward thecenter, sucking up mass from mars as it traveled. When it reached the center, it's momentum caused it to travel toward the surface.

The Black hole moved like a yo-yo though Mars. Due to the rotation of mars, the hole did not travel up & down the same diameter. It get eating up more and more of Mars.

The final result would be to turn Mars into a black hole after some number of years. The resulting black hole would still orbit at the current distance of Mars from the sun. It would have essentially the same gravitaitonal effects on other objects in the solar system, except for asteroids or other small objects that got too close. Such objects would be sucked into the black hole.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

you may say so but in the end if earth would become a black hole, then in under 5 billion years the earths/blackhole would enter the sun. and start eating up the sun. This would probrebaly end up with a super nova that destroys/damages pretty much all the planets and the sun becoming a black hole. ALtough this is offcourse in the long run.

10. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

The Earth compressed into a Black Hole would be incredibly dense, but would have no more mass that the Earth. Hence is would have the same gravitational effects that it has now. It would have have no more effect on the sun or other Solar System objects than it does now.

11. arauca Banned Banned

remember, the event horizon of earth (if compressed enough to become a black hole) would only be a diameter of around 1cm. thus, a black hole that size would pull on the material of, say, jupiter the same as earth would. if they got too close, the black hole would pull matter off the planet until it eat the matter, or launched it off in a plasma jet.

pardon my ignorance . Whe does go the energy after the big object is chewed up.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

offcourse but I said in 5 billlion years, then the sun will become a red giant and it will swallow the earth/blackhole. Because the densitie is so low of the late sun, the black hole wouldn't simple fall to the centre of the sun and therefore it would start eating the outer layer occasionally it would burp in a small nova that would damage the remaining planets therefore changing the earth in a blackhole would eventually destory the sun and if not all a large part of the solar system

13. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

In a few billion years, the Earth's orbit might decay causing it to fall into the sun.

As long as it orbits at about 93,000,000 miles (approximatley 150,000,000 km), it will have very little effect on the sun.

If the sun became became a red giant, its outer fringes would engulf the Earth. Whether the Earth were a black hole or similar to what it is today, it would at most gravitationally attract some of the sun's matter, clearing out a volume centered at about 93,000,000 miles from the sun.

At black hole, neutron star, or current density the Earth's gravitational force is directly proportional to mass and inversely proportional to the square of the distance (general relativity need not be applied for such a small mass). Density does not affect the gravitational force. Hence, a black hole the size of the Earth would not affect the sun unless it fell into the sun.

14. orcot Valued Senior Member

however earths final destiny is to fall in the sun, I don't know what would happen with earths momentum when it enters the blackhole but if it get slowed down then larger and larger pieces of the sun would be eaten by the black hole therefore the sun would fall inside earth.
    However if earths momentum isn't affected by orbitting inside the sun, then it would only eat the outer layers that arearound it and leaf the most of the sun intact altough it would proberly spend it's billion year of energy as a giant in perhaps a 100 years

15. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

The Earth's destiny is most likely not to fall into the Sun. The gravitational radiation due to the Earth's orbit around the Sun radiates is about 310 watts, or 310 joules per second. The kinetic energy in the orbit is about 2.7*10[sup]33[/sup] joules. It will take a lot longer (billions of times longer) than the current age of the Universe for the Earth to fall into the Sun. Some other calamity (e.g. Sun becoming a red giant, the Milky Way colliding with Andromeda) will wipe out the Earth far before that time passes.

16. orcot Valued Senior Member

... wasn't that what I yust said?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007