Al Gore for President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James R, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Should Al Gore run for President again?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2007.
  1. Yes. He was robbed in 2000, and deserves to win.

31.8%
  2. Yes. He is a much better Democrat prospect than Hillary or Obama.

59.1%
  3. No. His time is past.

18.2%
  4. No. He is a pinky lefty communist, with all his environmental bull.

13.6%
  5. Don't know / There's no harm in him nominating.

22.7%
  6. I don't care. I'm voting Republican, no matter who the Democrat candidate is!

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I've been reading that if Al Gore wants to make another run for the White House, he'll need to get started within the next few weeks. If he doesn't, most of the potential donors to his campaign will have already committed to some other candidate.

So, what do you think about his running again?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I don't think it will happen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would vote for him. I've been a fan ever since "Earth in the Balance".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    No. His time is past.

I might vote for him if he grew that beard back though.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

He's seriously concerned about the environment. I would vote for him in a heartbeat!

I like that beard.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

He is mentally unbalanced, his movie was a load of crap. I thank God he did not become president in Y2K.

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

That actually sets him in good stead to lock horns with America's new chief bugaboo in the world...

Blah, Blah...warming...
    ...Blah, Blah... responsibility...
    ...Blah, Blah...humanity...

In the name of Ali Babba !!!
    Please to shut up !
    We will cease the nuclear building of
    the weapons !!!

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Mentally unbalanced how? And maybe the book is a little better. But I've only looked at the book.

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That's fuckin' hilarious. I can almost here Aslimadinajad saying that in Abu's voice.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Oh God, yes. He's the only one in that entire country with half a brain, isn't he?

14. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

I voted that he was robbed in 2000 and he deserved to win because he was in facted robbed by whoever told him to maintain the charisma level of a tree. If he would have come across as something other than a wooden stiff he would have easily beat Bush, the man with the charisma and diplomacy skills of a rock.

I voted that he is better than either Hillary or Obama, because if he diplays some charismatic leadership, then he is better then the other two.

I voted no his time is past, because rather than bowing out gracefully in 2000
    after Florida certified it's election results, he came across as a whiney a-hole, educating the rest of america on the phrase "hanging chad" and that was more than anyone should have to know.

I voted no he is a pinky left communist, with all his enviornmental bull, because I have a biased perspective having not viewed An Inconvienent Truth.

I voted don't know/there's no harm in him nominating because there really is no harm in Gore nominating someone.

I voted I don't care. I'm voting republican no matter who the democrat candidate is because while I'll probably vote libertarian, I really like to check all boxes in a multiple answer poll.

:m: And I don't know why I wasted time listing the reasons I voted all options, other than to add another post to my meager post count. :m:

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

OK, congratulations on that. A well thought-out response. I can see you've carefully considered all the issues, then decided "what the hell, I'll tick the box anyway".

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Al Gore is a far better candidate than Clinton or Obama.

However, I do not like him (he is, in fact, a Pinko Communist) and I shall be voting Republican, so long as the Republican Nominee is not Josef Stalin.

17. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

He cares about the right issues and has a great resume. What does Hillary have to her resume that is so great? Nothing I know of. I like Obama quite a lot, it'd love if he were Gore's VP.

Is it even remotely likely Gore will run?

18. vslayer Registered Senior Member

what democracy! no wonder america is loved by every country around the world. if only the rest of us had the common sense to give government to whoever has the most money.

money has no place in politics, if you need money to run for government, then thats hardly a government worth running for.

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You need money to do anything. Eat, drink, even breath (clean air costs a lot).

For comparison, America spends far more money on choosing which brand of soap to use than who will lead the country.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Things are certainly ridiculous in the US. I've read estimates that just to get through this year and into the Primaries/Caucuses next year, any Democrat nominee will need around US$100 million. And the final candidate will need to spend at least $500 million after that to have a chance of winning the Presidency.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Mere chicken feed, a meager drop in the bucket!

Why, hell, that ain't much money .....it would barely feed and house and provide healthcare for 600 kids for a thousand years! Chicken feed!

What's better .....a good, nasty presidential campaign or a bunch of poverty stricken kids?! Geez, chicken feed.

Baron Max

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So, wading through the sarcasm, I take it you agree that American democracy is a sham, Max?

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, unfortnately, I can't actually come right out and say that. The main reason is I ain't figured out any way around that issue. How, for example, can the voters actually find out anything about the candidates if the candidates don't supply them with info and viewpoints on issues?

We can't rely on newspapers and tv news anymore, 'cause they're so biased that they all lean heavily to one side of the other when they walk down the street!

Maybe we could have them all write a short paper on what they'd like to do if they become president .....ya' know, like we had to do in grade school? Then the voters could vote bases on ONLY that short paper ...no other info could ever be published about them or talked about on the air. One short little paper to tell us what they'd do ....that's it! Then we go and vote.

Baron Max