Bush Banned from Birthplace of Jesus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spidergoat, Jan 26, 2007.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

BETHLEHEM, April 01, 2003 (Online): The Church of Nativity, widely believed to be the birth-place of Jesus Christ, decided to ban entry each of the US President George Bush, his Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his Foreign Secretary Jack Straw the privilege of visiting this sacred place, which is one of the holiest Christian shrines.

The move came in protest of "the aggressive war these leaders have waged against Iraq," top Clergy of the church said.

The Church Parishioner Father Panaritius made the decision public at a massive protest demonstration organized by Orthodox institutions in front of the Church of Nativity."They are war criminals and murderers of children. Therefore the Church of Nativity decided to ban them access into the holy shrine for ever," the parishioner said.

"Their entry into the church will tarnish it as [Bush's] hands are covered in the blood of the innocent,”

The Church of the Nativity is under the authority of the Greek Orthodox church.

Wow, that's ironic, considering many Americans consider Bush a good Christian.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its a propaganda stunt by Islamic terrorists disguised as Christians.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Very funny! Prophet Bush snubbed at the Jesus birthplace! I Love It!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

The Church is one to talk about innocent blood on their hands.

*Cough* The Inquisition *cough.*

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Proof?

Perhaps, but maybe they've learned a lesson from what their forefathers have done. It would indeed appear so if they won't allow a man with innocent blood on his hands into the Church of Nativity.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

That's not as nicey-nice as you would want to think:

What exactly do they believe is "innocent blood"? I don't know this particular church, but they get around the "innocent blood" thing by redefining the term. At one time it was "Christian blood" so anyone else was fair game. Yes, we've made progress, but right now I think that a huge segment of Christianity does not think of it as innocent blood when they think that someone is standing between them and Saddam Hussein or maybe even a real terrorist if we ever find one.

10. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

"They are war criminals and murderers of children. Therefore the Church of Nativity decided to ban them access into the holy shrine for ever,"

Is that the redefinition you were talking about?

This much is regretfully true. But I think it's commendable that the Church of Nativity, as well as other churches, agree that Iraqi civilians count as innocent lives. It's a good thing that they've stood up to Bush.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It is indeed commendable. Now if I can capture the feeling that this is more than a pose...

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

In case you didn't realize it, she was being sarcastic.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I find it of utmost significance to quote this sentence from the site:

Of utmost significance, the US News media has not reported this story.

Indeed it hasn't. I don't believe that very many people here have heard about it. Interesting that it shouldn't be reported, considering it's widely thought the news media is liberal.

14. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Ohhh...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

what is ironic is that this ban goes against the very spirit of christianity....forgiveness and redemption through honest repentance. the ban is permanent, and for life. this means that bush can never redeem himself in the eyes of those clergymen.

good christians indeed. ugh.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

We need a new crusade to free the birthplace of Christ from the control of these infidels!!!!!!!

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Would you believe it if the devil repented? Wouldn't he lie?

18. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

One would surmise that the US Secret Service wouldn't let Bush visit the CotN anyway -- the very moment he was elected, in 2000.

Nothing to see here. Everyone just move along.

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i myself dont believe in the devil in the sense you imply, im jewish.

the point is that christians shouldnt ever take actions like that, if they are actually followers of the teachings of christ.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That was the Catholic church. These people are Orthodox Christians.

21. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Anyone notice the date on that article?

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'd be more impressed if Bush, Blair and co. had actually expressed any intention of going near the place. It's a stunt, clearly, and a 3-year-old one at that. Good to see the Church taking a moral stand for once though. Pity the major denominations haven't followed suit and ex-communicated the lot of them.

23. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

That's a good point. I must admit that I wasn't aware of this.

I did. 2003, after Bush and Congress started the war in Iraq. In fact, it wasn't even a month afterwards.

This leaves me wondering: How did the so-called liberal media miss this?!