Captain Janeway FUCKING ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Athelwulf, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

My mom was just watching Star Trek: Voyager. It was the episode where Janeway was looking to forge an alliance with a Kazon faction so Voyager could more safely travel through the Delta Quadrant. I was sitting here at the computer and didn't see most of it, but I happened to come into the living room and catch the moment when a Trabe ship opened fire on something (I think some Kazon), and the Trabe leader Mabus beamed onto Voyager, happy about what happened.

Janeway was pissed. Her good will was exploited by Mabus, and now Voyager was in an even worse standing in the Delta Quadrant. Mabus explained that these people only understood violence, and Janeway said, "Maybe the only thing you understand is violence." Mabus tried to explain that it was necessary to gain an advantage, and wondered how she expected to get what she wanted. Janeway explained, "Not by making deals with executioners." And she beamed him back to where he came from.

At the end of the episode, the senior crew was sitting in the briefing room, talking about possible ways to defend themselves against possible Kazon attacks. Janeway gave a great speech. She explained that they could learn something valuable from their recent experience: The part of space they're in has very few rules, and so it's that much more important for Voyager to stick to their rules and principles, because they are the best allies they can have.

I was amazed that I was hearing these words. It's been a very long time since I've heard something so rational. It was so relevant to current events too. I was thinking to myself, "Captain Janeway fucking rocks!" I had to post about this.

Here's some information about the episode:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliances_(Voyager_episode)
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/VOY/episode/68880.html

Note that this episode was aired in January of 1996. So no complaining about Hollywood's "liberal bias" against the Bush administration, or any similar conspiracy theories (read: bullshit).

I liked Star Trek: Voyager before, but now I like it so much more!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Mod, move this to SciFi please.

Also: Captain Janeway? Ewww. Just eww.

Kirk forever.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Oh, I don't know.

Certainly, her hair dresser(s) should have been spaced before the original airing. (Pun Alert!!)

Her gravity plating may have been needing adjustment, but her warp core was worth realigning.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm going to allow this, as Captain Janeway does rock.

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

That, and it does concern politics.

Thanks Spider.

Misogynist? Disagree with my post and so you're resorting to immature banter? Or simply don't find her attractive?

9. draqon Banned Banned

Athelwulf...seems to curse a lot. anyways this isnt politics of this World.

that set me on...
    the vivid imagery...

10. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't say "a lot". But I'm certainly not afraid of language that others may be.

It's relevant through its similarity.

You have piqued my curiosity. Care to share this vivid imagery?

EDIT: Never mind. The pic just loaded.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Voyager is all right. But Janeway has a wierd voice and her hairdresser seems to be the bastard son of princess leia's hairdresser. Now Seven of Nine....

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Is that really her? I see the link is "faketrek.com". If it is her, I may need to revise my opinion of her.

13. draqon Banned Banned

no need for revision...its fake.

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Yes, I think Janeway is ugly as Hell.

But aside from her ugliness, she was a horrible captain.

The bullshit "principles" speech you gave was the biggest crock of self-righteous and vainglorious nonsense I've ever read. "We must keep our principles in a world that is evil!" That is exactly the same sort of crap that got her stuck in the Delta Quadrant and why they were there for seven years. They had numerous chances to return home.

God, what a horrible officer. Seriously. Beyond words.

And the show was horrific. The only good episode was the two-part one with the culture that tried to save itself by warping time.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it's pretty easy to be self-righteous, liberal and pure ...when one has weapons that can destroy entire planets, and shields that can keep the enemy's weapons from harming you.

That's actually a good lesson in life, but I'm afraid Captain Janeway interpreted it all wrong!!

Baron Max

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That was a good episode. Of course, the solution to the alien captains problem was obvious to me from the begining (removing the time ship from the time stream, since every change he made made things worse.) Of course the problem is, obviously, his past self is probably going to make the same mistakes.

It was somewhat similiar to a Simpsons episode where Homer invented a time machine while repairing a toaster. He goes back in time, sneezes, and kills all the dinosaurs. When he returns to the present, things are all messed up. He goes back several times trying to fix things with little success.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Of course she's ugly, not like gorgeous Maggie.

18. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

The only time William Shatner can be credited with good acting is in Boston Legal.

19. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Madanthonywayne:

That and he refused to accept "98 percent success". That was absurd. He should have known there was no way in Hell he was going to get higher.

20. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Either this is misogyny, or your view of her personal appearance was colored by your bias against her values. Either way, it's funny to see you squirm and whine.

A few points:

First, the Caretaker had nothing to do with the fact they got stuck in the Delta Quadrant?

Second, she got them home in seven years when it would've taken seventy (if I remember the initially estimated figure correctly). What's more, she got the ship and its crew home in one piece, safe and sound. Is that a horrible captain?

Third, it's funny to see you say in one instance "To say we shouldn't default to primitive, animalistic nature is fucking liberal bullshit!", and then say in another, "We actually don't default to animalistic behavior; those evil boogie men do!".

Methinks thou dost protest too much. Methinks also that you have a strong attraction to powerful, bossy, dominant women, that you secretly want to fuck Janeway's brains out.

Buh?!

You mean to say it's easy to stay civilized when you can default to your animalistic nature and have the power necessary to kill someone in cold blood, with the touch of a button?

That's news to me!!!

Methinks also that you wouldn't survive in the military, which Starfleet basically is, if I'm not mistaken. You know full well that the captain's commands are law, and that her or his authority is not to be questioned.

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY THOUSAND, PRIVATE!!!!!

EDIT: And another thing. What about when Scotty needed an hour, maybe two, to fix the warp core, and Kirk said "You got twenty minutes!". That's a common occurrence throughout each Star Trek series. But of course, you pick on Janeway for it.

21. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Athelwulf:

It is not my misogyny - it is my heterosexuality.

Of course. But her attitude was also part of the whole nonsense. Her poor commanding that had spies on board her ship, her nonsense with Chakotay, her care to get involved in that nonsense...

And hell, even if she wasn't fully to blame for that, she kept them stuck there for quite a great deal longer than they had to.

Were it not for her future self saving their asses in the last episode, they'd have been there for 23 more years.

I suggest pragmatic approaches to things when faced with the reality of evil. Evil doesn't "place nice". One must respond with an equally vicious variety of good.

I prefer Dr. Crusher and the miniskirt blonde from TOS that Kirk's evil twin tried to rape, thank you very much.

I wouldn't throw Dax out of bed, either. But she's only "okay" and I would feel gay as she was a man in her prior incarnation.

I was refering to the captain who had a problem with his 98 percent success rate.

22. Roman Banned Banned

I'd fuck Captain Janeway.
    To humiliate her.

Try that on for mysogyny, wolfie.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Of course it is! When one has the power of life n' death over you, you tend to listen much more carefully to what he's saying ...even if he's always saying mamby-pamby, liberal, doo-gooder bullshit!

And have you ever seen, for example, a bully who picks on a kid twice his size even if the big guy is a quiet and shy?

Baron Max