Is Bush gonna knock your socks off?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Busy, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Busy Banned Banned

The guy is preparing a (state of the union) speach, my my, what does he have to say that we don't already know?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

Let's hope he becomes a man for the very first time and resigns.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Ditto what Genji said.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Oh, yeah... Now we're talkin' !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

GIVE ME THE BOMB....!!!

8. Busy Banned Banned

killjoy, I shiver when I think of him (Cheney) as a not-so-straight shooter...

9. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Speaking of resignation: Click.

Richard Nixon's job approval rating in January of 1974, in the middle of the Watergate scandal, was 27%. Bush's most recent approval rating is 28% (click). In August of '74, when Nixon finally resigned, his rating dropped to his end-of-presidency job approval rating of 24% (Click and click). Bush's approval rating ain't that far off.

Interestingly, Clinton's approval rating during and just after the Lewinsky scandal never dropped below the mid 60s; in fact, in February 1998, just after the revelation of the scandal, his rating experienced a jolt and came to 72%.

Makes you think. It really makes you think.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Basically Bush needs to bed an intern.

11. river-wind Valued Senior Member

1/31/07: Reuters: this just in, while on a hunting trip over the weekend, President Cheney SHOT IRAN IN THE FACE with a nuke. Repeat: Cheney, who took over the Presidency from G.W.Bush only this week, SHOT IRAN IN THE FACE with a nuke while hunting for Quial in upstate New Hampshire.
    The President was quoted as saying "I aimed, and as I pulled the trigger, Iran jumped int he line of fire. I feel really bad. I like Iran."

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Not man enough.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Here's what I'd say:
    My fellow Americans, I know a lot of you are frustrated with the war in Iraq. I can understand why. We've been pussy footing around for too long over there. I am now issueing a blanket presidential pardon for any soldiers on trial for killing the enemy. The new rules of engagement are, do whatever it takes. Kill the enemy until he surrenders or there is no enemy left.

On immigration, I am ordering the construction of a triple wall along the entire US-Mexican border. Any illegal aliens already here can be issued work visas if they aide in the construction of this wall. It is to be completed within six months. Also, any companies found to be hiring illegals will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I am requesting government funding for the reconstruction of the World Trade Center. Each building is to be the tallest in the world. Construction should be under way within the year.

I am also issuing this challenge to congress. From this point forward, I will not sign any budget that is not balanced. We obviously can not cut the defense budget in the middle of a war, but every other government program should be cut by the amount necesary to balance the budget.

I am also proposing a flat tax of 18% on all income above $15,000. Below that, you pay nothing. in 2001, Americans spent 6.4 billion hours filling out tax forms for the government. All this time will freed up for more productive purposes by passing this simple law.

I thank you for your support. God bless America., and go Bears!

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

I agree with the last two words. Good luck with the rest! Even Giuliani doesn't support that agenda!

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Good thing there are no soldiers on trial for killing the enemy, and there are no restrictions on killing the enemy.

16. Busy Banned Banned

Christian Conservatives will never forgive him...

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Madanthonywayne:

Run for president so I can be your VP.

18. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

It seems that Bush's strategy now will be to try to spontaneously generate a domestic agenda. Too little too late I'm afraid.

19. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha oh wow.

Sounds like you've got an excellent grasp of what's going on over there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rest of the stuff sounds good, but I also must oppose your pro-Bears agenda.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

Right. The 'pussyfooting' has demolished a country, killed hundreds of thousands and 3k plus Americans, not to mention about a trillion bucks in cost. Plus made us millions of new enemies globally. And you want to intensify. Intensify what was a mistake to begin with, for...victory.
    The only thing that can be done is to emulate Hitler or Pol Pot: Slaughter many more civilians and level the country. Kill babies, women and children. Round up all military age men and boys and kill them all, Serb style.
    That is the real American agenda anyway isn't it? It's not about WMD's or democracy or a "war on terror." WE are the terrorists and armchair warriors want more blood, thinking that will "win" the war.
    We will not 'win' anything in Iraq but more debt, more enemies and the label we like to toss all over the world: Terrorist State.

21. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Yay for mindless, brutal bloodshed!

So, you wanna stop the cheap labor and the consequential benefit to our economy?

So you want Big Government to pay for a big wall between Mexico and the US, to pay for two really tall skyscrapers that might just get knocked down later on, and to beef up the national defense and war budgets so the boogie men in your closet don't attack you?

What are you? A liberal?

(But I do give you kudos for at least wanting a balanced budget.)

Yay bears [sic]!

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

There's a name for what you're describing. It's called war.
    No. I want to defend the border. As I said, illegals would be granted work visas if they met the correct criteria (such as working on the wall).
    The border is part of national defense. A primary function of government. The skyscrapers. Well, normally I wouldn't be for government funding of such things. But it's a crime that the towers have not been rebuilt. It's an insult to our nation's honor.
    A Classical Liberal, yes.
    Something we can agree on, plus the balanced budget. It's a start.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Is Bush gonna knock your socks off?

I walk barefoot