Bubble Theory on Dark Matter...MINE OWN!!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Pollux V, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

While pondering the mysteries of dark matter this theory originated:

-Dark Matter is simply another form of gravity that coexists with gravity, like a parasite. Where there is gravity, there is dark matter.

-However, dark matter's influence stretches much farther than gravity and only has a noticeable effect on large astral bodies, i.e stars and some planets.

-When separate influences of dark matter touch each other they join to form one single bubble of dark matter, meaning that the parasitic gravity holds everything inside multiple lightyear sized bubbles as one. This explains how the stars on the inside and outside of galaxies spin at almost the same speed.

Your thoughts? Problems with this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Dark matter has a noticable influnce on other matter, not just other planets and stars. It is thought at present to be the reason that allowed matter to form together and begin to make stars. Without that we have no way to hypothize how stars first formed. While atomic attraction will allow atoms to stick together they have to come close enough to do so. Random interactions of particles do not allow enough matter to clump and start the initial process.

Stars do spin at different speeds. This is thought proven if we understand pulsars correctly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, wet1, I meant the speed that they moved around their own galaxies, like the way planets move around a star.

Maybe dark matter and matter are cousins but not siblings, they interact with each other in some ways and some times but not on a constant basis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Anything with bubbles has to be good.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

as I always say, (deep german voice) upand aDAM.