Boys are the Weaker Sex

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by esp, Mar 6, 2002.

1. esp Registered Senior Member

I read in The Times newspaper that Dr Sebastian Kraemer has released findings that psychologically, boys are biologically programmed weaker than girls.

From the point of conception, stresses on the mother are more likely to effect male embryos than female.
    They are three times more likely to develop disorders such as autism and hyperactivity.

At adolescence, boys have retarded risk evaluation capabilities.
    And young males are more likely to attemt suicide by several hundred percent.

Disciplinarian approach with boys is more likely to leave them troubled than toughened up.

Source: The Times: Health, Tues, march 5 2002

Thoughts, comments, arguments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Can we get a link, or additional data regarding sample size, controls, etc.?

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

So Im better than all of you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just kidding, I know some guys that are smarter and I know some girls that are smarter. In my opinion were all about equal. But if thats what the study sayz....

Groove on

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well I'm sure they missed the whole Alpha male dominance thing that some guys tend to suffer from more than others.
    It's noted when you look at the instance of bullying and realise that that cruelty stems into something further throughout their life.

For the one bullied they will probably suffer depression and anxiety, while the old bully could subject his bully tactics on others throughout his life and career.

(Notibly wives suffer from such torment)

These people should understand that pride isn't something built on the arrogance of being spiteful to another.

There is also the fact that this Alpha syndrome tends to make guys break between extremely competative and easy going.
    Of course there are many rigours of stress caused by the Alpha syndrome, due to the fact that most guys take it upon themselves to try and achieve heights (where stepping on people occurs) this can lead to exhaustions and breakdowns.

From that perspective though, most of those occur trying to do alot for female people that they "Place on a pedistal".

*Ho hum!... we try to give everything to you girls

8. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Stryder,

Keep tryin, keep tryin

9. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

So guyz are the weaker sex, a proven fact?.
    This just goes to prove a point I've long held.
    Thing is when I tried a thread to say it's time women took over I was shot down in flames, and mostly by men surprise surprise.

Methinks they dost protest too much

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I PROTEST
    takes slowly a gun out of his pocket, checks if loaded and shoots bbcboy for tryin' to take over

cheers!

11. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

AAAAGH!
    The flames, the flames

Not again!"!

Noooooo

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

pollux v says...

THIS IS MADNESS!!

Time to go dominating females, as if it matters which sex is better (personally I think females look better but that's just me)...

13. esp Registered Senior Member

Tsk Tsk

This is not about either sex being better than the other.
    The point to be addressed is that from this article we are to believe that far from toughening boys up, the best way to prepare them for life is to treat both sexes equally throughout childhood.

(I tried to get a link to The Times website archives, but they want paying).

14. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

LIKE, DUH!!

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

*The point to be addressed is that from this article we are to believe that far from toughening boys up, the best way to prepare them for life is to treat both sexes equally throughout childhood.*

I do certainly agree with this! Boys and girls should be treated the same way from birth on. It would make a difference.

Boys are brought up with silly things as 'Boys don't cry', 'Boys have to be strong', 'Boys have to defend themselves in a fight' and more of that crap.

Raised equally, there would be less frustration among boys when they grow up. They'd learn to have FEELINGS and SHOW THEM.

There is a lot to say for that.

Love yourself every day and others as much as yourself...

(As well boys as girls!)

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It's been my experience here over in the states that girls are the ones that really care, or give a shit abooot a hellofa lot more than most boys (not including me). This includes schoolwork and above all their looks.

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, I don't want to give a dime for every boy/man who is concerned about his looks! Male vanity is more secretive than female vanity.

Guess that is also because of their way of being raised. They are not allowed to show their vanity. Oh, if you could take a look at all those men and their secret thoughts of being considered as ugly or not... :bugeye:

And you do have the looks Pollux V, you do have the looks!

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Forgive me if I seem cold, but about the 'boys don't cry thing'...

I believe that there is no problem that deserves crying short of death. I believe that personally, my strength is enough that I don't take offense at anything and never will. I did, very easily, when I was a kid. I made a conscience choice to not be offended or afraid, and haven't been since.

Fear is another one of those emotions that's useless except to avoid serious physical injury. Fear is nothing more than a belief that one is unprepared, and a sign of weakness and self doubt.

As for male vanity. YES! Maaaany men are very worried over their looks. However, they don't take it to the same extreme.

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Then I have news for you, Tyler. I am a woman and I don't hang around the mirror for hours, not even for 10 minutes.

Fear is an emotion that's brung to you through childhood. It is just the way you look at life. I fear no one and nothing. Have learned that a long time ago.

As for the boys don't cry thing, you didn't understand the post quite well. How come you have to present yourself as a I am not afraid, do never cry, I am the man type...?

Case of being raised that way. Or don't you have feelings?
    'No thoughts to think, no tears to cry, no feelings left...?'

I read somewhere else you have a gorgeous girlfriend? Without feelings too? Of course she is gorgeous! Are you the kind of person who would go for anything less...? :bugeye:

Typical male raised!

20. Rick Valued Senior Member

Esp,

If You"re talking Genetically,yes thats True.

bye!

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Banshee: Yes, that's why I said male vanity does very much exist in the same regards. I'm not a total moron, when I say men or women I do not mean every single one. It's a sum up. There are exceptions to every rule and every statement.

Is fear an emotion brung to you through childhood? If so, do we as intelligent beings not have the power to exist outside of ourselves, analyze ourselves, examine ourselves and realize truth? If truth is that fear is useless (and in many situations that people experience fear, it is totally useless), why can we not eliminate it? Why are people not able to shut off fear? I believe it's possibly solely because I eliminate it from useless situations.

I understand your whole 'boys don't cry' stereotype hate. Personally I look at it more like this; I'm a human being, I can realize what's logical and what's not logical, so if fear or worry are not necessary or in any way good, I won't do it. Not because I'm a man, because I'm a human.

As for my girlfriend; she's the mirror opposite of me in that regard! She's an incredibly emotionally beautiful person, she's very compassionate and definetly experiences emotions like fear or worry faaaaaar greater than I do. As for her intelligence? About a 92 average last year. Not bad, if I may say so myself. She's a perfectionist in her work and works her butt off day in day out (again, shows how much of an opposite of me she is). She is absolutely gorgeous as well; which is one of the many, many reasons I was always so confused over why she ever liked me!

I go out with her because of how amazing, compassionate, emotional, intelligent, interesting and fun she is. Looks are an add-on to all those things, that's the attitude I've had for ages.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Thank you Tyler.

Now you sound a lot nicer. More like a human yes, not like a 'I am the man' type. That's all I wanted to know.

Give my love to your girlfriend and stay the way you are. Fear and worries belong to human life. Fear is to overcome in a certain degrade. Some fear must remain, without it you shouldn't feel good any more what kind of 'evil' humans you meet in the progress that's called life. Human emotions, feelings and intuition...

Not parted through the words male or female...

23. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

Big Boys don't cry

I was driving to work late last september. It was early in the morning and I'd been up late the night before indulging myself so I guess I was quite emotional anyway, ya know?

Anyhoo, The radio in the car played John Lennons' 'imagine'
    interlaced with lots of news items from history to do with war and terrorism and so on. It was in response to september 11.

I just broke up in the car and had to pull over and the wierd thing was it was just so sudden. I wasn't feeling particularly sad just slightly hung over. I was just overcome with uncontrollable sobbing.

I do think that crying is a good thing in the physiological sense. Tears are full of toxins and I feel better for a good ol' whinge. I don't think it attacks my manhood because my 'manhood' isn't an issue for me.

A new thread looms...
    Weep on ya big butch buggers. It won't kill ya