Programming

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Thirty Seven, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thirty Seven Baron von "Guns N' Roses" Registered Senior Member

Does anyone else here program? If so, what languages?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

Not me, but I happen to know 'esp' does a fair bit in Qbasic. Maybe you should send him a PM.
    If you get to write a program that makes lots of moolah can I have some ?

Peace

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Absolutely. I'm mostly fluent in Objective-C, C, and Java. I've also done a fair bit in PHP (not recently), Scheme and C++. I'm mostly working in Objective-C right now.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thirty Seven Baron von "Guns N' Roses" Registered Senior Member

I havent made any money yet, not that I ever will. My development group has gone nowhere

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I'm learning C. Just a beginner. Haven't made any useful applications yet.

9. Thirty Seven Baron von "Guns N' Roses" Registered Senior Member

C is a great language if you're planning on learning C++

10. Thirty Seven,

I've been programming in Basic for fourteen years. If you wan't a simple but powerful programming language try PowerBasic. You can get it at www.powerbasic.com. It is amazing : it produces very small and very fast code. As I mentioned in a previous post, the whole language came on two floppy discs. The two discs include the editor, compiler, helpfiles, samples, etc. It even has a built in inline assembler in case you want to make the code even faster.

If it weren't for PowerBasic I wouldn't be programming today.

Tom

11. Rick Valued Senior Member

C,C++,Assembly language.
    in C i have learned(uptill now)Data structures most of it in fact including Binary trees etc,TSRs,Graphics(Mostly 2d),Mouse programming.

C++ I dont program much in C++ except where it is needed.I love Asm Language,for its sheer power.

bye!

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

Oh Yeah! during my begining years in the programmming field i learned basic upto graphics level.it was OK but not great enough or you could say flexible enough.Since basic is not structured programming.

although i loved graphics part of it.

PS:I KNOW JOE LOVES BASIC,ISNT IT JOE?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

13. Zion,

I used to use Basic alot when I used to program in DOS. Unfortunately, after windows came out, I couldn't find a decent version of Basic. I tried VB only to find out it was a piece of crap that didn't have the powerfull features of C and C++.

Then I ran across PowerBasic. I finally found a language that is easy to understand, is as powerful as C and assembler, and generates super small and super fast code.

So do I love PowerBasic??? I love any language that is simple, powerful, and creates efficient code.

Tom

14. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

I'm not really a programer per se, I do systems management and tech support mostly. I did teach myself BASIC V4 many years ago. Plus I have done some Fortran 77 code maintenance and taught myself Pascal as well as PERL and SQL to maintain a product.

But mostly I find and provide workarounds to configuration problems with OpenVMS, TCP/IP, BIND and DHCP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.