Please consider me...

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Athelwulf, Nov 29, 2006.

?

Should I, Athelwulf, be moderator for the two forums in question?

1. Yes.

38.2%
  2. No.

44.1%
  3. I opt out.

17.6%
  1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

... to be moderator.

This may jeopardize my ever being considered, but I'm willing to take this risk.

In SF Open Government and Site Feedback, I often see threads that would fit much better in another forum. The problem is that people do not think first before they post in these forums. They don't think about how issues concerning our mods and admins, and nothing else, fit best in Open Government, and that questions and criticisms about SciForums, and nothing else, fit best in Site Feedback.

I feel this is unfortunate, because it gives the impression that these forums are nothing more than clones of Free Thoughts. It makes you question whether or not open government and questions or criticism of the site are actually important to us.

I want to change this. I am volunteering my time and effort for the purpose of keeping SF Open Government and Site Feedback straight. I believe I possess a common sense concerning where threads should belong, common sense that others here perhaps neglect.

I ask the administration to consider me for moderator of these two forums. Thank you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You have my vote.

All the best!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Athelwulf,

Hows it going?

you have my vote too, for what its worth!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Zak

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Thank you both.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

A public poll?
    How lame.
    You've done this before, yes?
    Wondering how popular you are then?

NO MOD FOR YOU!!

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Anyway.
    Neither forum needs a mod other than the administrators.
    Why?
    Because the two forums should be under close observation by admin. That's the whole purpose of these two forums.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i think athelwulf should get a perm ban, but i didn't see that option anywhere.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

These forums barely have any threads do they? Not much moderation required

Looks like someone has taken your comments on board though and tidied up these forums? they look rather slim

12. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

I rediscoverd the delights of soup during my recent cold.
    really is a very underated food.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Be cynical all you want, but my intentions are genuine and honest, and it was late at night and I was tired when I made this thread, and I just threw a poll together. It was after seeing a random thread in one of these two forums and thinking, "That does not belong. What the fuck." So I posted this thread. I'm surprised you would think my actions are dishonest, and now I suspect negative feelings you apparently have towards me, but whatever.

If you want it changed to be private, I'll see if I can make the edit. If I can't, then a mod will have to do it.

Now, when did I do this kind of thread before? I don't remember it.

Then they're doing an inadequate job of it, to be blunt.

Don't tell me [Thread=60274]these[/Thread] [Thread=60104]threads[/Thread] are [Thread=59778]appropriate[/Thread] for Site Feedback. And what about [Thread=59659]these[/Thread] [Thread=56539]threads[/Thread] in SF Open Government?

If they'll start doing their job in these two forums, then that shall be the end of this. If they won't, then someone must do the job for them.

Open Government has half a dozen pages, but Site Feedback has lots more.

But the point is that these forums are poorly moderated, regardless of the number of threads actually in these forums.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

And of the others who voted no as well?
    And what of the cowards who won't vote because they don't want to be seen voting no? Some people can't handle confrontations.

I'm pretty sure I remember you starting at least one "what do you think of me" threads somewhere down the line. Could be wrong. Don't really care enough to find out.

Then there is a problem with admin, not moderation.

Any moderator of these forums would become, by definition, a gatekeeper.
    Do we really need a gatekeeper?
    Don't think so.

I think that most of the threads that do belong here seem to get eventual attention.
    Font's been changed.
    Timestamp's been changed.
    Sure, some things get overlooked, like my thread on bugs and whatnot. But that's not because of the forums being overloaded with extraneous threads. It's because of the admin not wanting to act. I personally pm'd Pseud0 about my thread and specifically the instructions for fixing one of the bugs that annoys the shit out of me.
    I got a response from him concerning the matter.
    And nothing happened.

Frankly, the thing is that Zox and Pseud0 are leery about doing anything here because the natives will rise up and eat their souls.
    And we will, too.
    Muaha!!

No.
    No necessito el moderator.

Another reason for you not being a moderator?
    You're way too goody goody and politically correct.
    You're worse than James. You wouldn't be able to restrain yourself.

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

You have some nerve athelwulf...

16. Roman Banned Banned

confrontation with wulfie?
    ahahahaha!

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Precisely.

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

20. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I haven't looked at the votes. You were the one who openly accused me of dishonesty, not others. As far as I know and care, others simply think these forums don't need a mod.

How do you propose we change that?

Okay.

So we just let that continue?

Give me proof that I'm any more goody-goody and politically correct than you or anyone else since I came back. Go ahead, give me proof.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I didn't accuse you of dishonesty. I accused you of neediness.
    You need the approval of others.
    External validation. A truly dangerous demon.

I'm accusing you of dishonesty now, however.

I don't agree that there is a problem.
    Personally, I think that the level of adminstration is about 1000 times higher with Zox and/or Pseud0 than with Porfiry.
    Look at the things which have been taken care of.

The fact that there are the occasional threads posted down here which really don't belong is irrelevant to the functioning of these subforums.
    However, if you really think that certain threads have been posted here that don't belong, then you can pm one of four people.
    James R.
    Goofyfish.
    Zox.
    Pseudo.
    I recommend the first. After him would be the latter. The two in the middle probably won't do anything at all, although the fish did show up for a brief period during the changeover. He might still be lurking.

Yes.
    Fear of the natives is a good thing.
    You don't want Sciforums to end up like the online health community, do you?

Oh, come now. Do you really want me to give you the 'rolleyes'? Would you make me lower myself to the extent of using an emoticon to express myself?

You, Athelwulf, are as PC and pure as the driven snow. You stand up for everything 'right' and deplore everything 'wrong'.
    This is a given.

Question: Do you really think that you've 'changed'? Was this a conscious decision to change?

Are you a bad boy now?

22. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i would still rather have that than another xev

23. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member