mirror mirror on the wall.....

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Quantum Quack, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

who is the greatest artist of all?

[hint: some might think it is a trick question]

care to discuss?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Ever? Mozart comes to mind.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Beethoven > Mozart.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

sorry guys I was in a funny mood when I posted as I remembered a thought I thought I had years ago.

The artists still exists, is still creating as it always has.... the universe must be the greatest artist ever IMO.

I just got through another of those power point slide shows called fantastic photos, and wow you got to wonder about the sheer magnificence of what the universe creates. It just struck me as kind of ironic I guess that the very thing we use as inspiration for our art is not often considered to be an artist.

When you look at a natural rose or the Andes with snow and cloud for example and think about the natural artistry involved you can only be impressed..... or the perfection of the music of an ocean surf pounding on the shore and so on....

or maybe I am just a sentimental old fool....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Maybe the universe is a crappy artist who designed us to appreciate his work no matter how inferior. Like a young kid who finds anything amazing.

Maybe we are designed to find giant lumps of dirt and rock covered with frozen water beautiful when really it's just a compost heap of elements....maybe

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ha , you read my mind...I was just thinking along the same lines, but you know as part of the design I have to say what I am about to say..." I don´t care if it´s all a cosmic fraud....it´s a bloody fantastic fraud if it is....."

10. draqon Banned Banned

I raise my foot and brake the mirrows, the images within those mirrows, the mirrows within those images, until there are no images, until there are no people to look themselves at.

11. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

Whoever invented the first vibrator.

Or: Plato. I love artists who fuck with their audience, and tricking people for two and a half millenia (and still going strong) that his work is non fiction is just Wunderbar.